The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:14 pm

[ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
Zelda 

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
sparty88 wrote:
[TSON] wrote:
DK is very very good this demo tho

Very very good *for DK*. Still an easily chainable, gigantic target with terrible recovery. I have fun playing him, though.

Actually DK has onebof the best recoveries in the game in v0.9b if you tap the special button, he gains vertical height. With a huge ledge sweetspot. He has insane diagnol recovery.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:06 pm
YIM

MGN Username: sparty88
Shine! wrote:
sparty88 wrote:
[TSON] wrote:
DK is very very good this demo tho

Very very good *for DK*. Still an easily chainable, gigantic target with terrible recovery. I have fun playing him, though.

Actually DK has onebof the best recoveries in the game in v0.9b if you tap the special button, he gains vertical height. With a huge ledge sweetspot. He has insane diagnol recovery.

I'm sorry but if you can't edge guard DK, you're playing the game wrong.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:16 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
You need to play a good DK lmao you just haven't experienced how good he can be yet. His utilt kills at like 90% and covers all around him, he has combos for days, his nspec kills at like 30 when charged, his upB arm swing gimps some characters @ 0 and the rest has a huge disjoint and isnt punishable on hit. Yeah, he's easy to combo, cg, and even 0-death, but he's so fast and kills so early that he can do the same to you.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:55 pm

And I like that about him. He's a total firecracker who is fun to play AND play against. It's always volatile. I just feel like there are so many hard counters out there. You would have to pull out all the tricks and even then nothing is guaranteed. I'm actually going to test him out for a while because his offensive arsenal is everything I like. I just feel like I'm bound to get devastated by better chars.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:09 pm

The worst is when DK uses a neutral B or upB to super armor through your kill moves and kill you. Doesn't even matter if his neutral B is charged or not, since it still has super armor either way. DK naturally lives at high percents due to his weight, but this allows him to be safe at even higher percents and makes him very difficult to approach. It's kind of like he's got a safer and stronger version of Marth's counter.

It's true that he is edgeguard-able, but his onstage presence is pretty crazy. His recovery is also tricky to get a hold of versus a real player compared to a CPU because it is much faster, and a person will be able to horizontally mix up their recovery.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Okay DK is pretty damn sick. I stand corrected.

Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:34 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
Prefer Zelda over Sheik.
She's just a fun and chill character to play.
I feel like I always gotta be on the aggressive with Shiek but with Zelda I have time to think.
Maybe that's just me but yeah :P
Oh and her new animations are awesome.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:00 pm

The fact that they're both good characters is a great utility. As of right now, you never know who you're fighting against online, so you can switch to a better matchup at the start or even mid match to mess with your opponent.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:12 pm

jorrja wrote:
Zelda's teleport isnt as strong as in smash 4(kills at 50%ish) but i think it still is one of her best moves, i got a really sick combo of using it. [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-SgMyn9r7c ]

That move is surprisingly spammable.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:06 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I've always like Zelda in this game. Her zoning is not as strong, but she can play offensive really well. She's like a female Ganondorf.

She feels really good this demo, but there's still group of maybe 10 characters, or so, that are better than her.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:25 am

Zalozis wrote:
I've always like Zelda in this game. Her zoning is not as strong, but she can play offensive really well. She's like a female Ganondorf.

She feels really good this demo, but there's still group of maybe 10 characters, or so, that are better than her.

You obviously don't play Zelda that much.

Zelda's all about zoning, with the a terrifying edgegaurd game and the strongest defensive game in this demo. Backed by actually having approach options and combo ability. She has some of the strongest kill potential in this demo and can finish stocks extremely early with little effort. She's one of the few characters not afraid to go up against sword weilders.

Lol@10 characters better than her. If anything she's definitely earned a spot in top 10.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:56 am
YIM

Shine! wrote:
Zalozis wrote:

Zelda's all about zoning, with the a terrifying edgegaurd game and the strongest defensive game in this demo. Backed by actually having approach options and combo ability. She has some of the strongest kill potential in this demo and can finish stocks extremely early with little effort. She's one of the few characters not afraid to go up against sword weilders.

Lol@10 characters better than her. If anything she's definitely earned a spot in top 10.

Off the top of my head, ZSS, Link, Samus, Naruto, Black Mage and maybe Lloyd all have better defensive games. And I've played a lot of Zelda.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:08 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I don't find Zelda's zoning that hard to bypass like zoning with other characters. She's much more approachable than she seems. Dins are a projectile that only cover a singular area, about the size of one character-length. Because of that, she's easy to get to with just approaching air-dodge. And you don't have to change-up your recovery tactics too much to avoid Din's Fire edgeguarding. It's simple to avoid.

Asides from Ichigo, Sora, and Lloyd who standout; there's a somewhat large group of characters that are well-balanced with good viability. Zelda is in that group, but I don't think she's at the top of it.

The main strength of Zelda offensive is that, although she doesn't have a great punish game, she has a high punish output. She can't succeed on capitalizing on every punish, but when she does get a punish she can get a ton of it. That much is true. She also has a better platform mobility than you'd expect from her character.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:34 pm

sparty88 wrote:
Shine! wrote:
Zalozis wrote:

Off the top of my head, ZSS, Link, Samus, Naruto, Black Mage and maybe Lloyd all have better defensive games. And I've played a lot of Zelda.

Lmao. Lightning Kick out of shield? Down Smash for punishing approaches? Zelda has an amazing shield grab game too imo all her throws have important uses and she has like, the easiest chain grab in the game. You do realize Zelda playing purely defensive and only dealing damage through punishes can kill at like 90%.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:40 pm
YIM

I see Din as a semi-advanced edge guarding tool and not much else. You can use it to hit people coming back from off the stage and also to clear a path for yourself while making it back. No way anyone is using it effectively on platforms against good players. Too high risk for a minimal reward.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:46 pm
 [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next