The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:48 pm

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
About the Fox Boy. 

TSF|Skylar wrote:
Also shoutouts to Mac for being the true hero that this thread needed

You know i had to do it to em

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:52 pm

MGN Username: Randumbness132
Currently Playing: around doing nothing
Waifu: Yul. B. Suhray
In all probability the Tailsbot is used for bait so the opponent would avoid it or shield it, playing right into Tail's hands. Plus, I don't really understand what's so broken about him; he doesn't have a up special anymore because it's replaced with 6 jumps instead. This makes recovering limited to either jumping or using his side special, which makes him EXTREMELY vulnerable to dunks due to the fact that he loses height when he air dodges or tries to attack you off the stage when his jumps are running dry. He's good for combos, but not for combos far off the stage.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:00 pm

MGN Username: Randumbness132
Currently Playing: around doing nothing
Waifu: Yul. B. Suhray
I also forgot to mention that you could just edge guard Tails easily since he doesn't have an up special recovery

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:05 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2
Waifu: Jigglypuff
But even if Tailbot does an insignificant amount of shield damage, the only way to avoid it is to either shield it or jump over or away from it. Imagine Tails threw a tailsbot at you, followed with a blaster shot, and your shield is near broken, and he gets closer, and your percent is looking pretty dangerous. Which means you can:
A. Jump and get killed (up-air)
B. Shield and get it broken and get killed (free punish)
C. Attempt to grab the ledge and get down-air'd to oblivion
D. Back away to the edges of the map and get killed (Airlift or F-air)

I'm not complaining about the number of kill confirms he has, I'm ranting about how he has one for every situation that presents itself. OoS options are kind of limited when he cover them in a breeze.

His recovery is pretty terrible and can be edgeguarded, but he has such stage control that flying outside the stage is impossible.

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:57 am

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
bioCorn wrote:
the only way to avoid it is to either shield it or jump over or away from it

Or y'know
Hit it. :sandbag:
Y'know how much moves do enough damage to kill one o' them drones?
A lot.
Basically any Tilt that can hit that low (Which is like 90% of them) can kill it.
Even Bandana Dee's DTilt and the first hit of G&W's Up Tilt can kill it. :chibirobo:
Just hit the damn thing. :chibirobo:

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:15 am

Bedoop wrote:
bioCorn wrote:
the only way to avoid it is to either shield it or jump over or away from it

Or y'know
Hit it. :sandbag:
Y'know how much moves do enough damage to kill one o' them drones?
A lot.
Basically any Tilt that can hit that low (Which is like 90% of them) can kill it.
Even Bandana Dee's DTilt and the first hit of G&W's Up Tilt can kill it. :chibirobo:
Just hit the damn thing. :chibirobo:

I announce my defeat. Even though puff's d-tilt is laggy af.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:59 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Why DTilt specifically? Puff can just SH Nair/Fair/Dair/prolly Bair the thing and youre good. The replay you gave showed you playing Marth, who can easily stuff it with that giant sword of his.

And once again you are complaining about shielding being a bad option against an anti-shield character. Thats the whole point. And since you didnt read my last post apparently - if Tails hard reads your jump OoS with an Uair, you are most likely being extremely predictable and should start mixing things up. You have roll, spotdodge, SH aerials, UTilt, USmash and of course shieldgrab all available to you, start using them.

Its not about Tails being too good or being able too many options, you are asking for help and then ignore the advice you get.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:58 am

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
TSF|Skylar wrote:
The Up B is called Tailsbot

It is actually called Remote Robot or Mecha Tails, the actual Tails-bot doesn't even look like the robots Tails tosses.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:00 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Probably the new patch of SSF2 Beta.
Byllant wrote:
It is actually called Remote Robot or Mecha Tails, the actual Tails-bot doesn't even look like the robots Tails tosses.
While it resembles the Remote Robot from Tails Adventure quite heavily, that is not what it is. It is inspired by many different things that Tails had made use of over the years. It isn't one single reference and does not have an official name in the game other than "Tails Bomb".

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:14 am

TSF|Skylar wrote:
Why DTilt specifically? Puff can just SH Nair/Fair/Dair/prolly Bair the thing and youre good. The replay you gave showed you playing Marth, who can easily stuff it with that giant sword of his.

And once again you are complaining about shielding being a bad option against an anti-shield character. Thats the whole point. And since you didnt read my last post apparently - if Tails hard reads your jump OoS with an Uair, you are most likely being extremely predictable and should start mixing things up. You have roll, spotdodge, SH aerials, UTilt, USmash and of course shieldgrab all available to you, start using them.

Its not about Tails being too good or being able too many options, you are asking for help and then ignore the advice you get.

1. I suck with Marth, He's inconsistent because tippers, but I will try nevertheless to apply what you said
2. I didn't even ignore any advice, I just stated that I stood corrected and will start using more options to hit the drone. As you can clearly see in my post, I said "even though ..." didn't mean I was being ignorant about Bedoop's post.
3. I AM using OoS options, it's just no good because I always get punished, and trust me I'm trying my best to be unpredictable.
4.I sincerely apologize if I sounded too
ignorant or self-entitled.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:14 am

MGN Username: JetZflare
My frying pan, tennis racket and golf club destroy the bots and reflect blasts, and my toad knocks back the spin-dash. Also, my down-smash destroys blasts.

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:24 pm
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2