The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:43 pm

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
A friendly fight 

Or not so friendly.
I wish to duel Ziggura,
Thee daughter of me.
For this fight, I chose
Rachet August!
The descendant of the Craws.
Will you fight me, Ziggura?

Me, Rachet August, will have no control of my 'Power of Gods', as shown inside of thee BIO.
Arena:
Ruined Colosseum: Will be like any normal arena. Circle shaped, this stage has four almost broken pillars standing in the middle. To be exact, the arena shall be as the example below:

I shall be waiting for Ziggura's response.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:43 am

OKAY. x3 But I must finish my biography first. It's nearly done.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:53 am

Then thee Rachet shall wait. He'll wait long enough for you to finish.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:55 am

Okai, ready! So whaddo I do?
Oh yeah, please note I won't be writing uber long posts. Around ten lines only.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:16 am
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Compared to the average MG post, that's a novel, Ziggura...

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:13 am
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
Hakker wrote:
Compared to the average MG post, that's a novel, Ziggura...

Mhmm, i like it too :P it seems the RP section is starting to gain more good rpers. Fresh meat.

When im done with my own battles i may challenge one :3

Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:59 am

OOC: Ziggura, a battle is like if you fight with posts. The better the post, more chances of winning. No godmod, powerplay, spam, or anything like that.
Anyways, i'll begin!

IC:
The colosseum was desert. Sand and little rocks were blown by a sudden breeze.
Rachet was lying against a pillar, in the shadow. He had his hands in his pockets, and his legs crossed. He lifted his head, looking for his challenger.
"She's late." he said, with a slight deception.
He thought that he was going to enjoy a good fight in some minutes, but it seemed that he will have to wait until tomorrow. At least.
He looked at the sun, which was just above his head.
"Noon." He said, thinking. "That means I'm disadvantaged."

Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:19 am

[Spam is some weird kind of canned meat, isn't it?
Umm... never mind that x0 I'm acting like a complete idiot. But don't worry, I get what you mean <33 And uh, I guess that length is okay then xDD]

A late entry was the best way to make an impression (good or bad, she didn't care) and that was exactly what Ziggura wanted to do.
    The wiry kuijin calmly stepped into the strong noon sunlight, loose and relaxed in her humanoid form. She'd left the hanging slacks and long-sleeved blouse back in her changing room - the floppy fabric would only get in the way - and a leather vest lined with chain mail rested lightly on her lean shoulders. Knee pads, arm covers, deer hide leggings and the long, curved dagger clasped in her clawed fingers: she was ready.
    Her single blue eye flickered around the arena, noting the pale, shifting stretches of sand against the darker tones of the earth and observing the four great pillars in its middle. If she managed to get some good holds, she could morph and take to the airs. The burns along her right side itched in the heat, but she shrugged the feeling off and flicked a strand of hair out of her face, muscled legs flexing as she crouched.
    Once she caught sight of her opponent, the fight would begin.

Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:41 am

Rachet looked at the kuijin with a mefiant glance. He knew that a kuijin had more advantages when in animal form than in human form. Is this one overconfident, or different, or just plain stupid? He couldn't really answer. But he knew something.
Something really important...
That an eternal battle would begin the moment he would show himself. Kuijin are creatures can transform into very dangerous creatures. Dragons, griffons, you name it. The kuijin just might have that luck.
Rachet thought. Aw, what am I thinking? A dragon can't defeat me!
He approached the being by behind. Then he tapped on it's shoulder.
"So... can the fight begin?"

Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:21 pm

Ziggura could feel the feathers of her back bristling beneath her chain mail. Her blue eye narrowed, slowly scouring the arena for signs of a battle partner.
    Her every muscle froze with surprise as a hand came down on her shoulder.
    The lean kuijin didn't bother listening to the words, whirling around with black hair flying, her long legs stretching as she bounded away from the pale-skinned human. Was it human? She'd learned to recognize them at one glance, and this male looked different to her experienced eye. But it didn't matter. She curled her lip at him, crouching again, her clawed toes gripping the earth, and the strange shape of a beak (to him, it would appear as a line of melded teeth) gleamed in the wide set of her jaw. She dragged one foreclaw in the sand, testing its strength - they were fragile when she sharpened them - and snapped her beak at the strange apparition. What the hell was wrong with him, anyway? He didn't even dress right. What did he think, that she'd just lie down and admit defeat when she saw him? His shadowed auburn eyes didn't instill her fear, and neither did the sharp ends of his fingers. Oddities, nothing more. Only his strength would matter here - and his powers, if he had any.
    Ziggura had no need to answer. She swept up a handful of sand and threw it in his face (trying was better than giving up for useless) before lunging at his legs, too long to be handy in battle.

Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:33 pm

Rachet blocked the sand with his hands and arms over his face. But since he couldn't see, he couldn't expect to be attacked from below. Once he felt those claws grappled onto his leg, he thought quickly. He slashed with the outer side of his hand, but it wasn't for hitting. Once his hand was at his shoulder level, darkness began to invade the area, then he dissappeared.
He reappeared behind the kuijin, trying to inflict a strong blow in her neck.

Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:45 pm

As she tore at her opponent's leg, slashing and ripping to get through the fabric and at the skin beneath, she caught a movement higher up. Guessing at an attack, Ziggura coiled her legs and pounded her long feet against the earth, dashing away in a couple of movements. She skidded to a stop a few feet farther on, whipping out the dagger she'd clenched in her beak.
    Then the darkness came.
    The female kuijin hissed in shock at the sudden lack of light, then quickly clamped her mouth shut. If it was the 'human' who'd done this, then that meant he had an advantage in using it - and she had to keep silent, hidden. The darkness wasn't total, however; her eye was already getting used to it, showing faint shadows of the four great pillars at the arena's center. She was crouched by the wall, warily watching her surroundings.
    She felt the soft thump of feet landing in the ends of her fingers. Baring the sharp lines of her beak, she whipped around with one clawed hand upraised - and received the blow, meant for her neck, right in her throat.
    It was meant to be hard, but she'd backed away a fraction before it landed, softening the hit. Yet still Ziggura gasped for breath, coughing, the breath burning in her throat. She was bowled backward, and quickly curled up to roll a few meters away. How had he known where she was? How could he land such a precise blow when she could hardly get past the stage of indistinct silhouettes in the dark? When she reached up to her lips, feeling something dribble down her face, her fingers came away warm and wet. Blood. Great, she was wounded right from the start of the battle.
    Well then, she'd be more careful this time.
    The lean kuijin crouched again, blue eye wide open, ear openings alert for the slightest sound, the sensitive pulp of her fingers pressed against the earth - and began to morph. It wasn't much: more feathers grew along her back, down her arms and thighs, and along the line of her forehead; her ink-dark hair seemed to grow back inside her scalp until it was short enough to let the burnt side of her face show; lips disappeared as her beak stretched and thickened; she only kept her shape, refusing to gain wings until she truly needed them, and let her claws grow longer. Getting to the air would be difficult, and so would landing - it was a disadvantage she didn't want to face just yet.
    Alert, prepared, Ziggura waited.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:10 am

OOC: Ziggura, you said ten lines... >_>

Rachet look at his 'ready to fight' opponent. Her defence was perfect, and she was very precautious. He rubbed his hand against his bleeding leg, licking the red liquid.
"Hmm... my blood wasn't spilt in a very long time, mortal." He said, looking forwards to a reaction from his opponent. But he didn't wait. He wanted to fight, not talk like an idiot.
He positioned himself, one hand in front, crouched.
Then he rushed.
The pressure was very high. He thought that he couldn't resist. He wasn't used to his new strength. Actually, the pressure was too high. He tripped and skidded on the rocky ground, and caroomed off a stone in his passage. Rachet got up, a little bit stunned. He hold his face, which was scratched and torn. The he fell down on one leg.
He thought. I really, really, REALLY need to train.
He looked at his opponent, who was probably going to burst out of laughter.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:44 am

[xDD Sorry, got carried away. Want me to shorten my posts?]
    Ziggura had the sudden pressing envy to spout the longest string of swear words she'd learned in the bars she frequented, but quelled her irritated pride with the thought that she wouldn't be so stupid as to give up her current position - as her opponent had senselessly done, apparently. What, did he want to get his a** kicked? She was fine with that, in any case. The lean kuijin stretched out one bird-like leg behind her, testing the muscles, and swept the darkness with her one eye. There, in the direction of the sound... movement? She ignored the soft rustle of pebbles beneath her fingers as she spread them wide out, scanning the ground's vibrations. Her elongated claws grated against the dirt. She was smaller now, more compact, with sinew shorter but thicker - her feathered body, pressed hard on the earth, made a barely noticeable lump. A snap of her beak, and she realized that the blood had only been because she'd bit her lip; the beak's tough rim was chipped. Blue eye narrowed, the other milky, sightless one staring off into space, she fixed her sight on her opponent.
    Running footsteps in the ground. He was coming, and fast.
    The kuijin made nary a ruffle as she edged sideways, out of his way, glancing at a nearby pillar from the corner of her eye. If she reached it... perhaps she might finish her morph, and fly to see whether the darkness stretched on into the sky.
    Suddenly, the crash of bone against stone, and the skid of pebbles careening off as the 'human' fell and smashed on the ground. What, he'd tripped? If that was the case, then he was worse off in her opinion than what he'd started off as. Grimacing with embarrassment at having to fight a failure like him - even powers like blocking out the light couldn't deal with his magnificent idiocy - Ziggura crouched with fingertips spread into a fan, lightly poised on the ends of her feet. Steps as the human stood up - a thump. He was down again. Then a crooked grin crawled up the female's face, deformed by the burns on her right side, and she sprinted toward him like a vulture at a new kill. Her powerful lope took only a few steps to let her reach him; he wasn't as far away as she'd first guessed, and she nearly passed him in the darkness. But as soon as she caught sight of his stooped form, she crouched, leaped - and aimed at his back, foreclaws stretched out, ready to crush him to the earth again.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:39 pm

OOC: A little bit, mebee... >.>

Rachet heard sounds of feet stampeding behind him. She was using his error at her own tactic, probably. He raised out one hand.
"You forgot something, dear opponent," he said, looking behind, and seeing the opponent launch herself upon him.
"It's that I can teleport faster then you can see it."
A broken sneer ran across his face, and his eyes were the colour of a burning red flare. The challenger was just about to crush him when he disappeared. He reappeared behind the kuijin. And then next to the pillar. Then, all we could see were images of him, standing there.
"Now. Try to find me. 'Cuz these all might be real." The Rachets chorused.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:43 pm
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next