The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:16 pm

[ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Amber Light 
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
(Resubmitted with the updated aura and abilities)

Username: Nini

Name: Athanta Demuricus II

VIP rank : Leader

Appearance: Intricate detail upon the Ever-Czar’s appearance is relatively unknown. Be it that in any and all public appearances she is garnered prominently head to toe in her personalized armor. At her feet, deep-violet sollerets; this pair of metal boots appears to be slightly healed, and feature small iron studs protruding at calf-level. The sollerets meet at knee-level with her matching breeches, plated-metal leggings. The thin, colored, steel plates neatly cover up along her thighs but remain for the most part concealed under the black long skirt reigning down from her hips towards her knees. Her Cuirass matched the rest of her armor in being dyed violet but bore an engraved design of a black sun upon the chest. However that was far from the armors most striking detail. Brass pipes seemed to filter into the meat collar of the outfit, just past her spiked pauldrons upon her shoulders. These pipes streamed down from her collars area and outlined the bosom region before sinking along her sides and into a steam engine of sorts upon her back. This contraption, whatever it may be, appeared without much of a casing; with brass gears whirring freely with assorted devices, bursts of steam emitting at random intervals, and a particular large gear fitted right behind her head upon the pack. This large gear spun much slower than the others, and spanned outward to the length of either shoulder, rising several inches higher than her head, and down to her most upper part of her back. This engine lies interconnected with the plated sleeves over her upper arm down towards her elbow. Despite its rather bulky nature, the pack enhances her physical capabilities within the suit, as a sort of power armor. From her elbows to over her hands, she wore a pair of finely crafted gauntlets, The Black sun emblem emblazed upon either palm. Her helmet, unlike that of a knight’s helm, covered only the top and back of her head. At the visor, the helm draped a veil over her facial features, covering to just over her mouth, masking her. For the most part her hair lie concealed, however, bangs ran down either cheek towards her chin, and each was of fiery-red hair. Her skin is a fair alabaster.

Personality: An ironfisted ruler, Ever-Czar Athanta runs Omega with strict rule of law with brutal enforcement. Notwithstanding, she is said to be of most generous to her upper echelon of military strategists, advisors, and political consul, most especially her right hand man Kevin, despite his poverty stricken origins. She is one fueled by an insatiable conviction to dominate The Heart, seeing it as an objective in her path of unadulterated control. She does not see her, nor her vast nation as evil, to the contrary, as far as they’re concerned, they are the nation of absolute order. However, be it as it may, no dictator has ever quite seen the malevolence of their own actions, and she is not one to be an exception to this mandate. To her, Delta too is an obstacle; A bulbous sore upon her rear end. Never seeing eye to eye, Delta and its leader are forever opponents to her grand scheme, and thus revel in her righteous hatred.

Bio: The Empire of Omega has for many generations been ruled by the Imperial family of Demuricus. Athanta, named after the Czar notable for her penchant for battle, grew up a strict, well educated, young woman. Taught from the very cradle she was of superior blood. Her father, Thrin Demuricus, ruled Omega much in the way his daughter now sought to emulate. The key difference being Thrin believed only in war for the just cause of the defense of their people. During his rule, though the clashes and disagreements with Delta remained as they always had, he was wise to avoid all out conflict. As an only child, Athanta rightly took the throne upon his demise. However, unlike her father, she proved to be far more vengeful. At age 21, after a childhood of battlefield teachings, requisite of any Czar, Athanta started her elite group of private warriors, the “Black Sun”, with her herself as their direct commander-in-chief. In this age of steam power, black powder rifles and emerging technology-all within her Empire- she has gone on a much more aggressive stance than her predecessor. Now, especially with the discovery of auras, seems the time to make her move and bring about unfettered Omega dominance. She would have no more of Delta’s meddling. To her, the Heart and its power rightly belongs only to those strong enough to tame it to their will. In Athanta’s mind, that is Omega.

Alliance: Omega

Aura: - Summer

Aura Abilities: - Shine, Signal flare, Cauterize*

Weapons:
As she is never without her armor, these are her only weapons. If she is to, for whatever reason, lose her armor in battle; she will take upon only one of the following weapons, using both hands. Thus making it a quicker, easier weapon to use, and making up for her lack of having both.

Great Morningstar: A heavy, normally 2-handed spiked mace. Its power lies in its weight and smashing potential. Her personal Morningstar has a leather grip and an oak handle. This weapon is primarily used to wear down upon enemy armor and throwing the enemy off balance. With modified strength, its quite capable of cracking into steel casings with a few good swings. The weapons drawback lies in its strength, its weight and starkly uneven distribution of such makes it a difficult weapon to use effectively; Often in the form of slow, sometimes sloppy technique. This weapon is held in her right hand.

Bastard Sword: a double edged, wide blade. Her’s features a guard in the shape of a blazing sun, and a grip wrought iron. This weapons primary use of course, to cut down upon an enemy’s weak point. This weapon is slightly easier to use than that of her Morning star. Its weakness is like that of her Morningstar in its heavy weight and slow swing. The balance behind its strike is greater, however it still remains a relatively slow weapon. While it may have the power to rend through armor after successive blows, such an action would most certainly work to dull the blade. For this reason, Athanta will generally not use it for this purpose. Her weapons complement one another in this aspect. This weapon is held in her left hand.

Weapon Ability:

Morningstar:-

Glory of the Sun

Athanta raises her weapon towards the sky, the Sun-like mace becomes white hot in a sweltering display of conjured heat. A wave of heat then emits from the sphere and engulfs Athanta as well as a 20 foot diameter around her. The oppressive heat works as an ailment against living foes, causing them to go under intense heat exhaustion, thus slowing their movements and and causing them to become disoriented. During this time, if athanta is in her full suit, then the engine-pack will to increase its output, causing athanta to strengthen and hasten. If she is out of her armor, this buffing effect does not take place. However, due to her natural summer aura, she has mitigating resistance (though not immunity) to the debuffing effect, as do other 'Summer' aura foes/allies. It should be noted the debuffing effects are intended to be different than the 'drought' ability,and that this ability offsets the ailments of 'Drought'.

Bastard Sword:-

Mending Heat

Athanta raises her weapon into the air; the sun-emblem guard of her sword engulfs into flame, and her blade becomes red with heat. So long as she is still wearing her armor, the heat courses down from the blade and towards her suit. Rended metal, crushed steel and all other such damage to her armor are mended shut under the intense heat. Particularly large tears in the armor/engine-pack engulf into flame, slowly burning out to reveal the mended steel underneath. This ability's only purpose is to fix her armor. It will not repair parts that are dislocated from the rest of the armor, or otherwise heavily damaged. Nor will it replenish any lost health or stamina.

(If either ability is out of line, i've replacement techniques to take its place. Ive opted for supportive abilities rather than offensive in the hope of balancing.

Cauterize* is an ability suggestion. It cauterizes wounds and as such, seals up cuts and stops bleeding. Given the limited appeal, id also ask it be defined as removing 1 status ailment, be it bleeding, an endurance loss, etc.)

Geno/Haly. Good enough to go?

Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Edited mine, it has two original abilities, I need Geno/Halygone to decide if they're allowed.

Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:50 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
@Sayo: f*** YES MAN LOVE IT. Gonna add those abilities to the first post.

@Nini: what I said for Sayo lurv it

@Geno: Aight thanks for assigning those while I was gone

@Everyone: Now we can get this thing started after I think up of a good first post

Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:04 am

http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=17759

Topic made. GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:53 pm

Currently Playing: Sitting down and playing video games is for chumps.
Well, I'm not very poetic, or, you know, DETAILED so I just have this...

Username: ferailo9

Name: Kale

Appearance: Kale wears an outfit he created himself that consists of a jacket and pants (and socks, shoes, etc.), with pockets everywhere for all sorts of gadgets and gizmos, along with things like "boms" (small metal shells packed tightly with gunpowder) and "smoke sticks" (tubes filled with loosely pack gunpowder, used for creating diversions). His brown hair is mostly short, except for a single --------- (What would you call it besides a dreadlock?) that has a writing utensile in it. He stands somewhat tall at 6 feet, and is kind of thin (the 'outfit' gives a more portly appearance, however).

Personality: Kale is a person who always likes to learn something new and figure things out. He constantly strives to make sense of things; if something seems odd, then he will try his best to find out what makes it happen. Strangely, he ignores anything strange or out of place regarding himself or his friends, and calmly changes the subject whenever such a thing occurs in conversation.

Bio: Kale was brought up without ever working for anything. His parents were simple farmers, and didn't ever ask Kale for help. Nothing ever happened that required his assistance. Eventually, he got bored. He started exercizing his mind. He would find a piece of machinery, and take it apart to see how it worked. Then, he would put it back together too see if he understood it.... And so on and so forth. Eventually, he started turning his attention to the battles that sprung up everywhere. He thought to himself, "Why?" Eventually, he found out why, and he realized that it was a STUPID reason. He eventually decided that he would stop this nonsense.

Alliance: Alpha

Aura: Fall

Aura Abilities: Soar, Upward Gust, Howling Rush

Weapon: Longsword

Weapon Ability: This sword doesn't have any magical ability, but it has a compartment in the hilt for storing... things.

Extra: He doesn't care what people think about him, but will still try to get on people's good side.

Also: 3 ability ideas, all Fall.

Obscuring Mist's effects, but with debris

Some kind of wind shield

Something that pushes wind towards your opponent, making it difficult to walk toward you (or, you know, STAND)

Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:42 pm

Alright, added you to the first post. No more new people for now.

RP is up in the RPG section people.

Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:52 pm
Site Moderator

Damn, I can't join?

Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:40 am

Green Mage wrote:
Damn, I can't join?

Ehh...we have like 10 people in it right now, but we just started. I guess so, if you can make a bio nice and quick so we can throw you in while we can.

Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:29 am

How am I supposed to escape a rock slide when I'm ON the mountains, and with a little girl and a heavy coffin?

Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:43 am

xnejihatakex19 wrote:
How am I supposed to escape a rock slide when I'm ON the mountains, and with a little girl and a heavy coffin?

There is cover around you could hide behind...

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:13 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Halysoy wrote:
xnejihatakex19 wrote:

Great, so he'd be trapped under a buncha rocks if it didn't kill him already.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Thaiberium wrote:
Halysoy wrote:
xnejihatakex19 wrote:

Great, so he'd be trapped under a buncha rocks if it didn't kill him already.

uhhh, I suck at DMing

How bout... there is some cover that could be used to hide behind but instead of straight up burying him, they can deflect the rocks?

Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:17 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
I thought you had a secondary DM as back up. Can't you ask them? Then again, Zesper hardly posts and, well, I don't know about Geno's experience as DM.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:52 pm

Yeah. I dunno know what I was thinking when I asked. Take me off.

Sorry.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:53 pm

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
Zesper Southpaw wrote:
Yeah. I dunno know what I was thinking when I asked. Take me off.

Sorry.

How do you keep winding up as DM for RPs?

Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:54 pm
 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next