The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 10:58 am

[ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
Ichigo 

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
MaskofTruth wrote:
no one talks about competitive in the character forums because turbo is not a competitive setting.

The mind f*** right here.

Turbo is to OP

Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:21 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Just saying Masky, everyone has their own version of competitive lol

Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:52 pm

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
Hidden Leaf Village, Mushrooms Only and DownB Lloyd only.

That's my competitive :pikachu:

ImageImageImageImage

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:14 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
DK's Utilt is competitive vs another DK player :pikachu:

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:58 pm

MGN Username: BeerMoney
Currently Playing: SSF2 \o/
Waifu: Gilda Ire
Is there any tryharder, without counting me ofc, on the Lv3 Target Test with Ichigo ? I'm interested about the routes used with him (again : without couting my WR one who is on the Target Test WR Topic, ofc) but i don't see any tryharder left on the Target Testing topic (again, without counting the Lloyd one who try to broke his record) and the first post wasn't edited for a while.. :/ (it's a 13.90 WR on Ichigo's Lv3 if you look at the first post but i got 9.10)

Imo it's possible to do actually 8 seconds with my route (which is really classic i think), maybe with another route/strategy on some targets we can get 7 seconds or less ?

I guess you can call me... Beer.
Some people do.
They're wrong, but they do call me that.

Knight's Code, Fourteenth Vow
Even a small star shine in darkness,
remember to carry that hope.

In training : :ichigo: :sora: :samus: :blackmage: :jigglypuff: :goku:

Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:17 pm

MGN Username: ByeOrDie
I wouldn't consider myself a pro yet, but I decided to give it a go:
https://giphy.com/gifs/gxvXz11mnmDDO
(I literally beat my record while recording what I did lol)

Some differences from your run:
1) Immediately FAir after hitting the spring in order to hit one of the targets through the wall.
2) I used my NSpec to hit the target in the left side of the stage: that one is the most off compared to the others, so I have no idea how else to reach it.
3) I hit the bottom left target with NAir through the wall.

Your run may still have the same potential as mine, but you could shave off some time yourself by my first tip.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:21 am

You're a genius, WP.
I never believed it was possible to breaks these targets through the walls, with some trys and combining the two routes in only one i think it's possible to do around 5.5x/6.xx seconds, i'm gonna do some trys.

Again, it's very well played dude. ^^

Some people do.

Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:42 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
I wonder what changes Ichigo got in beta, I haven't really seen in depth gameplay of him in a while

Btw guys, other than recovery, what other uses does side-b have? And what is the best way to use n-spec?

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:39 am

I don't use the Getsuga Tensho (N-Spec) a lot, my playstyle is more based on Shunpos (dash attack, air guard, fair and side-b) which have a lot of rush potential, however for the few uses i have on it, Getsuga Tensho can be used in air to temporize due to the fact it dosen't stop you directly in the air but let you slowly glide for few sec, which can be usefull for prepare a pseudo wavedash. (easy to counter yeah but it's not impossible to do it) It can also be used when you're in a neutral game phase but i don't recommend it cause it's a very slow projectile so it's easy for your opponent to reflect it.

Or it can be used for train to reflect with a friend by playing pseudo-tennis : a Ichigo launch a Getsuga Tensho and you need to reflect it to him who need to reflect it Etc. You can reduce the distance between you and your friend for making it a little bit harder, not hard at all but it can be a good first train for reflect projectiles. (next step : samus' missile or fox's blaster lmao)

For the side-b Shunpo, it could have a lot of uses :
-You can use it as a follow-up option if you used a huge knockback move. (like a side smash for example)
-You can f*** your opponent by delay (if you don't release the keys it delay the Shunpo, i think you know that but i say it), pretty obvious but not used everytime. (it's very usefull if you play a Shunpo-based Ichigo)
-It can hit characters that are on the ground, give you a potential combo start.
-The recovery you said before.
-And i'm pretty sure i miss some other things.

I want to see Ichigo's Beta gameplay too, the few things i see was some graphic changes. (especially on his smash down and my gosh it look so smooth now) It could be nice if they changed some moves on him. (like nerfing the distance of the side-b but giving the lost range by charging, making his full charge really usefull for example) :ichigo:

Some people do.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:49 am

Beer Money wrote:
I don't use the Getsuga Tensho (N-Spec) a lot, my playstyle is more based on Shunpos (dash attack, air guard, fair and side-b) which have a lot of rush potential, however for the few uses i have on it, Getsuga Tensho can be used in air to temporize due to the fact it dosen't stop you directly in the air but let you slowly glide for few sec, which can be usefull for prepare a pseudo wavedash. (easy to counter yeah but it's not impossible to do it) It can also be used when you're in a neutral game phase but i don't recommend it cause it's a very slow projectile so it's easy for your opponent to reflect it.

Or it can be used for train to reflect with a friend by playing pseudo-tennis : a Ichigo launch a Getsuga Tensho and you need to reflect it to him who need to reflect it Etc. You can reduce the distance between you and your friend for making it a little bit harder, not hard at all but it can be a good first train for reflect projectiles. (next step : samus' missile or fox's blaster lmao)

For the side-b Shunpo, it could have a lot of uses :
-You can use it as a follow-up option if you used a huge knockback move. (like a side smash for example)
-You can f*** your opponent by delay (if you don't release the keys it delay the Shunpo, i think you know that but i say it), pretty obvious but not used everytime. (it's very usefull if you play a Shunpo-based Ichigo)
-It can hit characters that are on the ground, give you a potential combo start.
-The recovery you said before.
-And i'm pretty sure i miss some other things.

I want to see Ichigo's Beta gameplay too, the few things i see was some graphic changes. (especially on his smash down and my gosh it look so smooth now) It could be nice if they changed some moves on him. (like nerfing the distance of the side-b but giving the lost range by charging, making his full charge really usefull for example) :ichigo:

Funny, I was making note of Ichigo's neutral on the wiki last night.

Ichigo's neutral is polarizing. He can use his aerials, best to use back or neutral air, or use fair to pseudo wavedash across the stage, which allows you to use tilts, gain the momentum from the dash or grab. Though the mostly commonly used tools are dash attack and side b, which are decent because they can shut down other characters neutrals due to the moves being able to out-prioritize most projectiles or be able to go through certain attacks.

However, his neutral is polarizing due to how predictable it will become if you don't change up what are you going to do to approach. Dash attack and side special aren't safe on shield along with high priority attacks can knock Ichigo out of the moves. So you have to constantly keep mixing up your approach in order to play Ichigo's neutral at its fullest.

Getsuga Tensho isn't really reliable for neutral due to everyone being able to reflect it. However, it is good for stage control and be able to be used in some Ichigo combos to help in racking damage.

@Beer
Side special can be used for follow up options, but he can also confirm into his finishers.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:39 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
I'm hoping he still has the strongest F-smash in game or at least 2nd or 3rd strongest

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:13 am

Jan_Solo wrote:
I'm hoping he still has the strongest F-smash in game or at least 2nd or 3rd strongest

I think axe ending made a video of the strongest f smashes in SSF2.

I am not sure who has the strongest, though they are some good candidates.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:17 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Jan_Solo wrote:

I'm more concerned about his U-Smash being the strongest tbh

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:03 am

what is a good counter for ichigo for a casual player/button masher?

Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:24 pm

MGN Username: obi_nation
Currently Playing: with my limit!
zelda

Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:31 pm
 [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36