The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 11:34 pm

[ 551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37  Next
MG Mafia XXI: Jobs Fair Mafia! [MAFIA WINS] 
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Panthera leo wrote:
I suspect noob play over anything else. The classic signs are there: NL day one, voting for someone immediately because they voted for you, saying that "I'm clearly town because I said so and I know I am". The whole Doqtor Kirby bandwagon isn't sitting too well with me here.

This is one of the most contrived sentences I've ever read.

Please answer the question from my last post:
Quote:
@Panthera: How is it getting "clearer and clearer" who your finger of suspicion is lying on in your second post? Clearer and clearer works better if you wait till the 5th or so, IMO.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:36 pm

MGN Username: masterp443
Currently Playing: v0.9b
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Panthera leo wrote:
I suspect noob play over anything else. The classic signs are there: NL day one, voting for someone immediately because they voted for you, saying that "I'm clearly town because I said so and I know I am". The whole Doqtor Kirby bandwagon isn't sitting too well with me here.

Quote:
@Panthera: How is it getting "clearer and clearer" who your finger of suspicion is lying on in your second post? Clearer and clearer works better if you wait till the 5th or so, IMO.

Might as well just drop that because it has been revealed that what you were doing was a reaction test by breaking forum rules (small, transparent text). Whatever suspicious (and obvious) activity you were doing was nullified when TOWK highlighted your "disclaimer" and you apologized to Dr. Geno.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:12 pm
BR Member

Panthera leo wrote:
DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Panthera leo wrote:

Quote:

Might as well just drop that because it has been revealed that what you were doing was a reaction test by breaking forum rules (small, transparent text). Whatever suspicious (and obvious) activity you were doing was nullified when TOWK highlighted your "disclaimer" and you apologized to Dr. Geno.

I checked the forum rules and the mafia rules and I didn't break any of them and you still haven't answered my question.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:51 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
@Panthera: My tell on Doqtor Kirby, if you look carefully, is abrupt defensiveness. The kind of pressure I'm using here is not dissimilar to the tactic I used on Geno way back in 14, when I jumped on him immediately after he posted something akin to how we should all just stop random voting(I recall then that yourself and myself got into quite a few arguments there as town/scum, but that's for another time). I judged his ultra-defensive reaction to be scummy, which in hindsight was not very good. Part of the reason why I'm tunneling is because it's the quickest way to start discussion. Voila.

And yes, Genis and Champ are still scummy but that's for reasons I won't divulge just yet, and I like to pressure one person at a time, so it's harder to distract conversation.

This next bit is pretty much for everyone.
Doqtor Kirby is thinking very much in emotion right now. From my experience with dealing with heavily emotional people is that they're very usually town IF THEY HAVE ARE ACTIVELY LOOKING TO IMPROVE THE GAME. I don't get the point of him just blowing up at me and thinking that I know he's not scum(crazy assumption) without thinking of improving the game(although tbh most people aren't moving the game much as well). I want to ask Doqtor himself two questions before I solidify my read on him:
1)Why do you think that everyone who accuses you is scum? You have voted both Nixter and myself for thinking that since you are town, we are scum for trying to pressure and get information.
2)On that note, who do you think is the scumteam? I'm slightly hesitant to try to call for a lynch on you rn since I can't find any partners for you except perhaps Panthera, who's a really large stretch. If you don't have an estimate on the scumteam, then who's your top scumread?

ON ANOTHER NOTE ALL THOSE INACTIVE PEOPLE I'M WATCHING YOU

V/LA still on, but I should do one post a day max. Expect no more.

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:52 pm

I'm pretty sure somewhere here that you can't post ultra small text in mafia (basically, make all your posts visible to everyone). Regardless of that, you looked pretty suspicious when you basically went off on Geno when I was the one trying to "waste" the day and not use "this day to its full potential".

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:57 pm
BR Member

Panthera leo wrote:
I'm pretty sure somewhere here that you can't post ultra small text in mafia (basically, make all your posts visible to everyone). Regardless of that, you looked pretty suspicious when you basically went off on Geno when I was the one trying to "waste" the day and not use "this day to its full potential".

Did you just admit to trying to waste the day?

Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:03 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
HEY HOLD ON WAIT A MINUTE

THIS IS ALMOST AN EXACT REPEAT OF 14

Panthera suggests something that's anti-town, and Geno comes on, and immediately gets attacked by someone(in 14, me and in this game, DJ).

Will think about this for a while and see if I can find any parallels for tomorrow.

Pedit: I can see where you're coming from, DJ, but Panthera claimed it was purely a reaction test. What do you think of that?

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:04 pm

DJ Wizard Cop wrote:
Panthera leo wrote:

Did you just admit to trying to waste the day?

No. If you noticed, I voted no lynch as my very first post, knowing that people would react (negatively) to it and boosting the day past the typical "why did you start playing mafia? what's your favorite role?" stage.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:11 pm

Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, SSBB, Project M
Terra wrote:
And yes, Genis and Champ are still scummy but that's for reasons I won't divulge just yet, and I like to pressure one person at a time, so it's harder to distract conversation.

Um.

What the hell.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:13 pm

Terra wrote:
HEY HOLD ON WAIT A MINUTE

THIS IS ALMOST AN EXACT REPEAT OF 14

Panthera suggests something that's anti-town, and Geno comes on, and immediately gets attacked by someone(in 14, me and in this game, DJ).

Will think about this for a while and see if I can find any parallels for tomorrow.

Pedit: I can see where you're coming from, DJ, but Panthera claimed it was purely a reaction test. What do you think of that?

wow carbon copy i just reread that game

however that was a 17-player set up which required 9 votes to lynch. the set-up we have here is 6 votes, and the votes here aren't wildly all over the place, they're all on one guy who, to be honest, hasn't really done a good job to defend himself from the big noose

Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:24 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Was out today, sorry lads.

Doqtor Kirby has had a horrible play, I'd like him to clarify why he thinks I'm omniscient and all knowing of everyone's alignment, because as far as I'm concerned, the only person who is cracking under pressure is Doqtor Kirby, who is either grasping at straws and being a terrible townie, or frightened that this early in the game that we've already pinned down scum.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:31 pm

Panthera leo wrote:
the typical "why did you start playing mafia? what's your favorite role?" stage.

You'll be glad to hear we've stopped asking those random questions.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:08 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Terra wrote:
@Panthera: My tell on Doqtor Kirby, if you look carefully, is abrupt defensiveness. The kind of pressure I'm using here is not dissimilar to the tactic I used on Geno way back in 14, when I jumped on him immediately after he posted something akin to how we should all just stop random voting(I recall then that yourself and myself got into quite a few arguments there as town/scum, but that's for another time). I judged his ultra-defensive reaction to be scummy, which in hindsight was not very good. Part of the reason why I'm tunneling is because it's the quickest way to start discussion. Voila.

This next bit is pretty much for everyone.
Doqtor Kirby is thinking very much in emotion right now. From my experience with dealing with heavily emotional people is that they're very usually town IF THEY HAVE ARE ACTIVELY LOOKING TO IMPROVE THE GAME. I don't get the point of him just blowing up at me and thinking that I know he's not scum(crazy assumption) without thinking of improving the game(although tbh most people aren't moving the game much as well). I want to ask Doqtor himself two questions before I solidify my read on him:
1)Why do you think that everyone who accuses you is scum? You have voted both Nixter and myself for thinking that since you are town, we are scum for trying to pressure and get information.
2)On that note, who do you think is the scumteam? I'm slightly hesitant to try to call for a lynch on you rn since I can't find any partners for you except perhaps Panthera, who's a really large stretch. If you don't have an estimate on the scumteam, then who's your top scumread?

ON ANOTHER NOTE ALL THOSE INACTIVE PEOPLE I'M WATCHING YOU

V/LA still on, but I should do one post a day max. Expect no more.

The way I play Mafia, everybody is scum unless I have enough information that says you're a towndood. Simple as that.
On account of my answer to question #1, everybody. But not everybody CAN be scum. At this very moment, it's looking to be at the very least DJ and Nix. Unsure about everyone else.
Nixter wrote:
Doqtor Kirby has had a horrible play, I'd like him to clarify why he thinks I'm omniscient and all knowing of everyone's alignment, because as far as I'm concerned, the only person who is cracking under pressure is Doqtor Kirby, who is either grasping at straws and being a terrible townie, or frightened that this early in the game that we've already pinned down scum.

Mafia people know who each other are, simple as such.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:19 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Doqtor Kirby wrote:
Mafia people know who each other are, simple as such.

I have never claimed to know a player's alliance, in fact all you said is that you know Geno is town, claiming I'm "defending" DJ, which really has nothing to do with Geno's aliment, nor did I even defend DJ to begin with, I was simply pressuring you and now you're saying scatter brained, faulty reasoning which is a huge overreaction to my vote, you still haven't defended yourself yet.

Why do you automatically assume I'm scum for stepping in?

Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:37 pm

"everybody is a scumteam'? really?

Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:42 pm
 [ 551 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37  Next