The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:00 pm

[ 2 posts ] 
SSF2 Beginner's Tutorial Series 

Which SSF2 Character Should I Do A Tutorial On Next?
Poll ended at Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:48 pm
Mario 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Donkey Kong 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lloyd 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Samus 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 3

SSF2 Beginner's Tutorial Series 

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
Since I did Kirby and Black Mage, I'm starting to think on who should be next. What do you think? Respond below and do the poll above to see what you think! (Note: You can only pick the four selected choices above.)

YouTube Video:

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:48 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Perhaps if you linked your other tutorials, this would help people decide better.

Secondly, how much of these characters do you actually know?

EDIT: Okay, I've found your Kirby one because I honestly don't know enough Black Mage to properly critique it, so I'm gonna look at the Kirby tutorial specifically.

First things first - your in-game noise is way too loud. I actually cannot hear anything you're saying. I can pick up a few things, and from the looks of it, you seem to spend the two minutes or so on a 10 minute guide talking about the difference in placing from 9b to Beta, and any information that is hearable is pretty rare because your in-game volume is way too loud.

This aside from some pretty obvious misinformation (forward tilt combos into dash attack?) which either stems from your own lack of knowledge or the fact that you've said something and it's been masked by the audio from the game being too loud, but the point is, I can't learn anything from this guide on it's own.

Another thing I've noticed, is that there doesn't seem to be any structure or cohesion when you go from one point to another. You went through what appears to be Forward Tilt, Dash Attack and Forward Throw all within the space of about 20-30 seconds but the worst bit is that I don't know what you've actually covered because your game audio is too damn loud.

It also doesn't help that when you're talking, it sounds like you're not entirely sure what you're saying. This could be to do with mic problems, but it sounds like in what I can actually hear (yes, I'm going to say it again, turn your in-game audio down) that you're not following a script and your delivery really shows that.

Honestly, I would suggest you entirely re-do your guides for Kirby and Black Mage. Even when played at low volume, I was still having difficulty putting up with that noise as every time you landed an Fsmash it sounded like something was blowing up in my ear. If you can re-do those guides without the serious audio issues that the guides currently have, people would be in a better position to critique the guides and also decide on which one they'd like you to do.

Little Helpful Sidenote: show
YouTube Video:

I've put my Goku video here as an example of what you can do with just better audio and a script. Now granted, I spent a good long while writing the script, gathering the footage, recording the audio and editing it all together and it took me a while to say the least, however, video editing aside, even if you end up with something like this:

YouTube Video:

Your video becomes MUCH better as a guide because as terrible and unscripted as this guide was (and it really was), you could still understand a lot of the stuff I was saying and that's pretty key.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:47 am
 [ 2 posts ]