The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:26 pm

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
General RP Discussion 
Site Admin

Hey, so I didn't want to have to make a topic every time I got an idea or made an announcement, etc, so I made this topic, feel free to brainstorm and stuff in here too.

So, I've been toying with two ideas and I'm just curious as to what I should do with them, so I'm looking for some sort of feedback from you guys.

1) I've been thinking very much about revamping Illisia, and it's going to be a very large project. I've planned a conflict which involves multiple "fronts" so there'd be three storylines that would eventually come together at the end in fantastic glory. This is A LOT of work though, and is actually quite daunting so I don't know if I want to do this...I actually plan on setting up Wiki for ALL the world information. It'd be that extensive.

2) I've written up a premise for a superhero-type RPG set in the near future. I envisioned it to be sort of episode based, in the way that The Omnivident is chapter based, except each episode would not always be directly linked to each other as the chapter are. Anyways, as I wrote more, I soon discovered that I actually could make it into an interesting story rather than an RP, though if people are interested I'd draw it up for an RP and go from there.

If I were to bring either to here, would anyone be interested?

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:06 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Sure, I'm definitely up for both. The Wiki in particular for Illisia sounds like a really good idea. I could help with it or anything if you decide to go through with it, if you want.

And for the superhero one I'd be interested. The one Whim set up a few years ago... wasn't really a good time for me back then

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:31 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
Don't care for Illisia

superhero reboot sounds good, though every time you do one of these I get really into it and then it drops (RIP The Awakening)

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:49 pm
Site Admin

Whimzer wrote:
Don't care for Illisia

superhero reboot sounds good, though every time you do one of these I get really into it and then it drops (RIP The Awakening)

Lol I've learned my lessons.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:59 pm

I'd say leave Illisia be for now. Too much maintenance for something not very many people are invested in.
A superhero RP, on the other hand, sounds great. Whimmy's right, though. For some reason, RPs like that always end up crashing spectacularly a la "The Awakening", "Champions of Estaria", and the brilliantly titled "the cry (bad name I don't care)". Still, I think you should give it a shot and could somebody please tell KP to stop glaring at me?

Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:29 pm

I'd be willing to help you out with Illisia, I've been wanting to run/help run something for awhile and people around here show zero interest in my topics now-a-days. PREEDIT: Illisia seems a no go so far?

Super heroes RPs have an odd history with me, I either love them or want to kill it with fire. All would be in how it opens and what the world is like.

For ideas of games I could host: I dare not post a Dead End: Revival, due to the final moment of utter soul shattering that it failing would let to. (Dead End was a zombie role-play I made when I was both new to MG and new to Role Playing as a whole. It lasted either 26 or 36 pages and ended with only 1 player controlled survivor, who then got to be the leader of a caravan in the sequel. Revival would be a retelling of the first Dead End but with actual good story telling, and less Deux ex Machina.) I'm still interested in running a randomized Space Exploration role-play, even if I have to throw away all those behind the scene stat roles that are personally fun for me. I also had this idea of a game called "Fairy Wishes", which is a bit hard to explain in a summary, but is sort of self explained by the name.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:43 pm
Site Admin

Ok, I can see where this was going. Lol

In response to my past three superhuman RPs they were all good ideas (and I still have half a mind to bring back The Awakening in its due time) but, I lacked foresight beyond the general ideas that I had. Interestingly enough it was a comment made by Deciton as to the success of The Omnivident, that put together the idea of what RPs I could run.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:51 pm

Live Grenade wrote:
I'd say leave Illisia be for now. Too much maintenance for something not very many people are invested in.
A superhero RP, on the other hand, sounds great. Whimmy's right, though. For some reason, RPs like that always end up crashing spectacularly a la "The Awakening", "Champions of Estaria", and the brilliantly titled "the cry (bad name I don't care)". Still, I think you should give it a shot and could somebody please tell KP to stop glaring at me?

The funny thing is I put about as much effort into that rp as I put into that name

I mostly just post brainstorms that aren't supposed to go anywhere just to get em outta my head

Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Kiki wrote:
Ok, I can see where this was going. Lol

In response to my past three superhuman RPs they were all good ideas (and I still have half a mind to bring back The Awakening in its due time) but, I lacked foresight beyond the general ideas that I had. Interestingly enough it was a comment made by Deciton as to the success of The Omnivident, that put together the idea of what RPs I could run.

Um, I guess, you're welcome? I don't actually know what comment you're talking about, but I have an odd history with advice: Its either really good or it'll get you killed with fire. Also I probably don't speak for a lot of the forum when I say things, so...

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:06 pm

Waifu: I'm married
running an rp is beyond me right now but i can help with something i guess. I'm supposed to be a GM in Omnivident but I wound up becoming basically just another player whoops

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:48 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

I've actually had an idea that I've been wanting to try for quite some time but I really haven't gotten the chance/seen an opportunity to pitch the idea and organize it into something understandable. The premise is quite complicated and would require an enormous amount of user input and user created lore so that an extensive yet understandable group created universe could exist.

Anyway. I'm really not sure there's enough people here who would be interested in creating or playing a lore heavy rp with an incredibly complicated user driven history.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:26 am
Site Admin

I love lore!!! One of my favourite parts about RPs

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:41 am

If there is one thing I do to Role-Plays, it's force my own user-created lore into a nook or cranny somewhere. Especially fantasy sicknesses.

*Made the bard class playable for War of Black Flames
*Added history of the Madness Plague in Ilisia
*Several classes (with lore in most cases) in Omnivedent
*Added Pholmere's Disease to Cybernetica's World
*IDK maybe more in other stuff

Plus I do lots of general world building all the time for various things. I'm sure I'd be able to help/contribute in some way to your project, I still have a culture based on triangular city layouts rather than square layouts (or no layouts at all) I'd like to put somewhere that fits (if it fits).

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:08 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
And I helped Deci come up with some of those ideas.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:21 pm

Ichigo wrote:
I've actually had an idea that I've been wanting to try for quite some time but I really haven't gotten the chance/seen an opportunity to pitch the idea and organize it into something understandable. The premise is quite complicated and would require an enormous amount of user input and user created lore so that an extensive yet understandable group created universe could exist.

Anyway. I'm really not sure there's enough people here who would be interested in creating or playing a lore heavy rp with an incredibly complicated user driven history.

Sounds like it would be far more effort than people have the attention span for

Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:00 pm
 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next