The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:16 am

[ 9 posts ] 
[7/26] HYPE! Royale 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
The very first SSF2 Teams Tournament Series makes a return!
SSF2 IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/supersmashflash

This tournament is a Teams Tournament. As such, you may only enter with a partner. (Obviously.) Only one partner should check in to avoid confusion, similar like this: Partner/Partner. Team names are allowed. If your dont find a partner till tournament beginning, you may NOT participate. If your partner cant play, a substitite partner is allowed. If you dont get one, you may continue 2vs1. To be able to participare, mae sure to check in both here and in the IRC!

STAGELIST:

Neutral:

* Battlefield

* Final Destination/Nintendo 3DS (both stages can be stricken at once)

* Smashville

* Pokémon Stadium 3

* Dreamland

Counterpick:

* Dracula´s Castle

* Mirror Chamber

* Yoshi´s Island

* Sky Sanctuary Zone

* Lunar Core

* Castle Siege/Jungle Hijinx (both stages can be stricken at once)

* Tower of Salvation

RULESET:

- 4 stocks, 8 minutes. Matches played in other formats do not count. Period.

- Items and Hazards are OFF, Team damage is set to ON.

- Seeding is based on the HYPE! Hall of Fame (see below).

- Each round has a set time limit of 50 minutes for Bo3 and 70 minutes for Bo5. Timer starts once the previous round ends immidiatly. Matches that are played before time runs out but dont finish in time wont count anymore unless a tie occurs otherwise.

- Stage striking: Teams use the 1-2-1 stage striking system to decide which stage to play on. After the first match, the winning team strikes 3 stages from the list above, and the other team can choose which stage to play on. You cannot choose the stage you last won on (Dave´s Stupid Rule).

- After each match, the winning team has to declare wether or not one of them/both players switch characters. After that, the losing team can switch if they want, but have to state that as well. Ignoring this once results in a stock loss for both players, and a second time costs the match. If this should happen three times, the set is lost. Breaking this rule a fourth time results in a ban for the rest of the Tournament. Breaking his rule carries over through the whole Tourney, so doing it once in Round 1, 2 and 3 each counts as 3 faults in total with the according consequnces.

- If the game lags too much, the game ends with a tie. If the problem keeps occuring, console me and I will have to personally determine the winning team based off the replays off the previous matches.

- No whining about team colour. You agree on your colours yourself. If someone is partially colourblind or stuff like that, I highly recommend one team to pick blue to avoid any Johns and/or use tags.

- Regular matches are Bo3, Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are Bo5.

- Items are off of course. Same goes for hazards, with the possible exception of Castle Siege.

- No excessive stalling. You can play safe/defensive if you are 1vs2 behind, but dont just go camp under the stage for all eternity. Each player is allowed to go under the stage once per stock. If he does that more than once, both Team members lose a stock. If the concerning player is alone, he forfeits two stocks instead.

- If one player uses the moves that kills both him and one opponent, the player who used the move claims the stock/ the win if both were on their last stock.

-If someone accuses a Team of cheating, give me the replay of said match. If the accusation turns out to be true, the concerened team will get punished via the rules above. If that happens after the Tourney, all points earned from that HYPE! event will get deleted. However, if the accusation is wrong, the accusing team will be kicked from this/the next entire tourney and lose all points collected so far. I dont want to see people claiming stuff that isn´t true.

- Stock sharing allowed.

- Gentleman´s Clause is in affect. All of the rules can be altered/ignored if all four players agree to it.

- Most important of all: Have fun! I don´t want people to rage about things, unless they get Wombo Combo´ed or stuff like that.

The HYPE! Royale Hall of Fame and HYPE! Battles:

Every participating team gets points depending on their placement. Points are earned in this pattern:

1st: 15 points
2nd: 12 pts.
3rd: 10 pts.
4th: 9 pts.
5th: 8 pts.
6th: 7 pts.
7th: 6 pts.
8th: 5 pts.
9th: 4 pts.
10th: 3 pts.
11th: 2 pts.
12th: 1 pt.
13th or lower: 0 pts.

If a tournament has less than 12 entrants, the scoreboard is effected accordingly. For example, winning a 7 player tournament earns 6 points in total. Points are earned for the team, not each player individually. I will keep track of every single point earned and put them in the so-called "Hall of Fame". The HoF is nothing else than the place where all results are kept track of. After each HYPE! Royale event besides the first one, the two best teams will duke it out in a so called "HYPE! Battle". However, they will be split an A Rank and an B rank: One partner will be A and the other will be B decided by the teams themselves. HYPE! Battles will be played in A vs. A and B vs. B and consits of a Bo1 set. Additional points can be earned here, so dont miss this! Winning an A-ranked match earns 2 pts. each time, losing results in a 2 pt. loss. Winning a B ranked match however results in a total point win of 1; the same number will be taken from the loser. But thats not everything yet! If a team manages to win both A and B Ranks, they will get a boost for the Royale Court Rankings as well, ultimately resulting in better seeding for Turbo Royale and Flash Royale.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Last edited by TSF|Cookies on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:35 am
BR Member

Sorry for dem double post, but... Announcement stuff.

As a TEST RUN, I will replace Yoshis Story and Wario Ware with Yoshis Island and Lunar Core respectively to see if these stages are viable for doubles play. Id like every participant who plays there to give me some sort of feedback wether or not you think that these stages have a chance.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:24 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
is this tournament next year

Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:40 pm
BR Member

tson wrote:
is this tournament next year

ehhh

Its this Sunday

Howd you get next year

Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:13 pm

MGN Username: Jadeneck
Currently Playing: SSF2 , Overwatch
It says 6/26 instead of 7/26 in the title.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:40 pm
BR Member

Due to TSON letting his s**** explode YET AGAIN, HYPE! Royale has been moved to next Sunday; 2nd of August to be precise.

EDIT: Apparently it got fixed, so its the regular time planned as before now.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:41 am

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
Sorry Skai, I won't be able to participate in this tourney :gameandwatch:

ImageImageImageImage

Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:11 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Well, TOing this looks to be a bit easier then.

I really don't want to repeat Flash Friday :blackmage:
Had to stay up till 3am to finish the tourney

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:00 pm
BR Member

Welp, you didnt do too much anyway :P

We had 5 entrants, lotsa mess as ususal and many many team changes. I want to state here that you cannot get a new parter 40 mins in. Before I announce the results tho... I would like to ask you to not question every single rule during the tourney when everyone is busy. Do that either before you enter/it stats or afterwards. Thanks.

Please note that Challonge names are COMPLETELY wrong for this one:

1st: TSF|SkaiPrower&OPeratic (+4 pts.)
2nd: Erod&DJSKRELP (+3 pts.)
3rd: EpicSteve&Combomaster (+2 pts.)
4th: TSF|Styles&Paco (+1 pt.)
5th: Zair(&Marvin)

GGs to everyone who participated and good luck next time! HYPE! Royale will follow in August, so stay hyped for more teams action!

Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:17 pm
 [ 9 posts ]