The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:20 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 2 posts ] 
We need a new New Users' Guide. 
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
It's come to my attention lately that a lot of new users nowadays have forgotten or never learned how to use traditional forums like this. This results in people misunderstanding when they see them, which results in a number of posts where what should be a signature is manually typed as a part of posts.

Example post wrote:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

Main: :jigglypuff:
Secondary: :peach: :wario:

I've also noticed some other issues from these same users, such as double posting.

Before, I thought a quick correction to people who make this mistake would be enough, but it keeps happening, fairly consistently.

It's my belief that these new users who make this kind of mistake grew up on platforms like Discord, unlike most of us. Traditional forums are largely a dead concept, and the norms for forums differ from those for Discord. The concept of signatures not existing on Discord, for one thing, as mentioned above, and double posting being considered normal and expected.

There are also other problems with our current new users' guide; because it has not been updated in ten years (specifically, since August 2008), it uses smilies that no longer exist, among other issues.

The user who posted it also no longer exists, so editing the post directly is no longer possible. Therefore, I feel an entirely new New Users' Guide should be written, one that accounts for the fact that a significant number of our new users are close to the age of or younger than the game itself.

I'm not sure if I worded this well, but tl:dr; the point is, younger users nowadays are consistently having trouble using the forums, which are now dated and unfamiliar as a platform.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:36 pm

I agree
———————————-———————
97.34% of teens today listen to CRAP music like Justin bibber and lady gag. Put this in your sig if you listen to REAL MUSic

Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:55 pm
 [ 2 posts ]