The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:48 pm

[ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
An open challenge. 
Site Moderator

"I will show you, rest assured, the thing I wonder is, are you a capable mage, can you really use that sword effectivly?" He said as he stopped and clenched his fist, the glow began to intensify. Now in only one hand. "I'm not like many dark magic users. You'll see why in a second."

With that, he began to approach in a steady walk towards the red mage.

They come for me...

They come through the forest...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?
Is it like the hand of God hovering above?
At least it is true, that man has no control, even over his own will."

Happily married to Kiki <3

Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:45 pm

Holy s***! I leave for a half an hour and you guys just wrote a freakin' novel!
(Can I still fight, or is it just one on one?)

Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:46 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
[[One on one, sorry, but you're free to watch/write your name down for when I'm done beating up DH... Speaking of which, DH says you gotta post in flames..]]

"Let me guess, you're one of the few dark magic users that isn't exactly quick to act?" He asked, his hand raising to fiddle with his hat, causing it to completely block his view. Wasting no time, he threw the orb he had hidden seconds before in the general direction of his opponent, which exploded in a large flash of light between the duo. When the light began to dim, he reached for his blade, while his shielded hand readjusted his head so he could see once more.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:52 pm
Site Moderator

Nwol stopped for a second, he did his best to allow the light to not obscure his vision, but from the looks of things, his opponent was now arming himself.

"My power does not come from tomes." He said with a grin, and then crossed his arms, extending his palm out, facing away from his opponent. Dark magic began to surge through his body, the intensity of it causing his loose purple cloth to float up. The glowing energy around his hands began to become violent with energy.

"Tell me, how long do you think it will take before i break your shield in two?" He asked him, now standing still

They come for me...

The mages...

"In this world, is the destiny of man kind controlled by some transcendental entity or law?

Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:00 pm
Legendary Ghost

Hakker grinned as he unsheathed his blade, cursing himself slightly for not thinking that attack through. "That would depend on a few factors." He murmered as he ran his blade over the kite shaped shield, which seemed to react by glowing pure white. "On how much power I put into it." He stated as he stretched once more. "Now, shall we get started, or do you need another hour to charge that first spell of yours?" He taunted, raising his shield in defense.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:05 pm
Site Moderator

"Nope, I was just waiting for you is all." Nwol said and then threw both hands away to his said, a burst of dark energy was sent flying towards the red mage at a high speed as he then slammed both hands down into the ground, creating four dark shadows on the ground that began to move about and approach. Moving about irradically. With that, Nwol began a dash, energy began to build up in his hand again as he rushed his opponent.

They come for me...

The mages...

Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:08 pm
Legendary Ghost

Hakker smiled, even as the burst of energy flew at him, simply raising his shield, which now was shining exceedingly bright. The burst of energy met with the shield, only to be deflected and leave a visible crack, which was slowly beginning to mend itself. "Oh my, not holding back, are you?" He asked with a chuckle, planting his sword into the ground, tossing up a cloud of dust that shielded him from sight.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:17 pm
Site Moderator

Nwol extended his arm out in front of him and then put his fingers out, pointing at Hakker like it was a gun.

"If I wasn't holding back, you'd have s*** yourself right now." He said with a cackled. The shadows began to dance around Hakker, two formed hands and began to reach out at a fast pace. One from the side reaching for his sword, planted in the ground, the other clawed and reaching towards him, ready to slash. The other shadows then began to close in. Nwol ignored the dark energy that was deflected, he simply pushed more energy into his hand, and built upon it.

They come for me...

The mages...

Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:21 pm
Legendary Ghost

Hakker hummed loudly. "I really can't stand people who insist on talking trash during a fight. They never seem to pay enough attention." He murmered from his position within the cloud of dust. Said cloud suddenly fell, as if it's weight had been tripled. When Hakker's position cleared, he had vanished. In return, various forms could be seen shuffling under the ground, disturbing the normally unmoving soil. Three in total, two circling around the outer edges of the arena, while the third zoomed straight towards Nwol.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:30 pm
Site Moderator

Nwol embraced the reflected darkness and absorbed it, building this energy upon what was already built upon, as the thing darted towards Nwol, he simply vanished as well, appearing past it so it didn't collide with him. He continued his run, the shadows dispitated their hands and then began to circle around Nwol, dancing and shuffling above ground, mimicing whatever manuver Hakker was trying to do.

"I have room to talk mortal." Nwol said alloud to Hakker as he kept an eye on the other shuffling areas.

They come for me...

The mages...

Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:35 pm
Legendary Ghost

"Revealing that you're not mortal to your opponent? Such a strange move to play." Hakker's voice came in, not once, not twice, but three times at once. "You're using magic against a Red Mage, are you aware of how idiotic that is?" He asked as the three forms shot to middle of the arena. They surfaced, revealing Hakker and two exact replicas, each standing there, mockingly. "Come, see how this 'mortal' fares." The three suggested, adapting the same defensive stance.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:47 pm
Site Moderator

"Hm..that didn't last long, tell me, would you like to see how I really look?" Nwol said still charging his magic in his hands. He stood tall and then stood sideways and pointed. The energy began to peak.

"Magic bad against a red mage, who'd have thunk?" He said sarcasticly. "Well, it's worth a shot. Bang."

And with that, he unleashed a heavy intense wave of energy, it began to twist, creating a dark lightning as it sped toward the one in the center.

They come for me...

The mages...

Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:07 am
Legendary Ghost

The duo on the sides extended their hands towards the wave as it passed, a handful of the energy being drawn out of the attack by each, who immediately encased it in an orb of light.

The middle mage put up no resistance as the wave impacted with him, causing him to blink out of existence as the remaining two studied the dark energy they had snatched. "Such an interesting specimen." they murmered. "Now please, stop wasting my time." The voices, now only two, taunted.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:20 am
Site Moderator

The energy being encased in the orb of light began to react violetly and exploded soon after Hakker spoke.

"Very well, perhaps once you learn true fear, you'll understand why I don't try." Nwol said and stood still.

They come for me...

The mages...

Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:35 pm
Legendary Ghost

The force of the explosion was mostly pointed away from Hakker, though he did singe his hands, despite his gauntlets. "Ho-ho, volatile little bugger, wasn't it?" He asked nobody in particular, before a smirk danced upon the lips of both of the Red Mages. "You can repeat yourself as much as you wish, I won't be changing my mind." He responded, as both adapted a relaxed stance. "Do it already, before we get bored and really get this party started."

Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:55 pm
 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next