The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:34 pm

[ 10 posts ] 
Marvel's Jessica Jones 

Waifu: You!
So I marathoned this show and it's as good as, if not better than Daredevil. Tennant brings his A game to the table playing one of the best villains ever. One thing that annoys me is the feminist overtones (all black men are heroes, white men are villains) and theres too much focus on a lesbian love triangle between a very much side character and her wife

Also the daredevil crossover at the end was too small

If you like s*** (not even, its just the protagonist and antagonist have powers, more of a psychological horror more than anything ) then really give it a watch

Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:12 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
I started watching it, it's pretty cool

Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:28 am
YIM

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Two episodes in, pretty cool

Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:59 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
I binged watch it all a few days after it came out
IMO it's better than Daredevil, but in different ways. Daredevil's action was a lot better but it was more suited to that because he's Daredevil. The drama in Jessica Jones is way better. Krysten Ritter and David Tennant are both really great, but so is the rest of the cast honestly.
My two biggest complaints are the lesbian love triangle taking up too much time even though its end in 1000 Cuts was great and I wish Kilgrave hadn't been killed off, but that's more because I loved the character/Tennant. It made sense story-wise.
The best episode was probably AKA WWJD, but the two after it were great too

AMA

Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:58 pm

TOWK wrote:
IMO it's better than Daredevil, but in different ways. Daredevil's action was a lot better but it was more suited to that because he's Daredevil. The drama in Jessica Jones is way better. Krysten Ritter and David Tennant are both really great, but so is the rest of the cast honestly.
My two biggest complaints are the lesbian love triangle taking up too much time even though its end in 1000 Cuts was great and I wish Kilgrave hadn't been killed off, but that's more because I loved the character/Tennant. It made sense story-wise.

Purple Man has accelerated healing in the comics, he's probably not dead

Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:00 am
Site Moderator

THoT wrote:
TOWK wrote:

Purple Man has accelerated healing in the comics, he's probably not dead

Well there were several times in the show where he got hurt and needed medical attention. He got smashed by the bus in the flashbacks and controlled the dude to get his kidneys, then he got shot by Trish and had to go to Jeri's wife to get it treated. I feel like if they were including the accelerated healing, they would have just said he survived the bus crash at the beginning of the series.

AMA

Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:21 am

He survived a LOT of things happening to him, such as Getting beaten by Jessica loads of times, shot, stabbed and the aforementioned bus. In the comics he got hit by a train and survived, I think they won't just kill him off. They didn't kill Kingpin off in Daredevil either

Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:10 am
Site Moderator

I'd say them not killing Fisk in Daredevil makes it more likely that Kilgrave is actually dead. They wouldn't let the first villains of both their first two Marvel Netflix shows survive. I'm also not sure what more they could have him do, other than the exact same thing he just did. He would come back from the grave, f*** with Jessica more, then more overtly try to kill her.

I love the character and really wish he were still alive, but I really just don't see it happening.

I hope we get more of Jeri in Iron Fist than we got of Claire in Jessica Jones, considering Jeryn is more of an Iron Fist character in the comics anyway. I'll bet if they make a second season of JJ it probably wont come out before the Defenders series. Doesn't seem like there's enough time

AMA

Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:38 pm

I'm just hyped af for the Defenders now, wish there was more of a Daredevil cameo (even dumb s*** like Murdoch walking down the street in the corner)

Luke Cage might fail though, the character developed too much in JJ for his own show, unless its set before JJ

Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:06 pm
Site Moderator

Yeah I was thinking while watching it that Luke Cage was getting a surprising amount of screen time for it not even being his show yet. I thought at first when it was revealed that Jessica killed his wife that he would disappear for the rest of the series and theyd come back to that for his own thing. I guess it'll end up being about something he discovers on the flash drive

AMA

Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:09 am
 [ 10 posts ]