The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:26 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
McLeodgaming collaborative arts platform 
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Hey everyone,

The Sprite&Art sections have always been active sections were artists from MG and beyond come and go to show their works. Many come here on a daily basis to improve on their craft, chat with fellow artist and what have you.

A few months ago Zero Insanity and I joined forces to update the facilities available in the sprite section (new rules, cleaning up stickied topics, tutorial platform etc) however what the MG art community still lacks is an interactive element that promotes community events and collobarative work. I'm curious to hear if any of you have ideas for this, and would be up to helping out with anything of the sort.

I'm mostly thinking of something in the direction of central topics across the art boards that promote artists, their streams and act as a platform where they can meet and chat moreso than the individual topics we have now (this could be something like a chatting platform or anything of the sort, we previously had a Spriters Chat on Skype but it was difficult to run since everyone needs to get an invite for that and not everyone wants Skype, so maybe an online based free-to-access chatbox or so would be better). We could run things like art jams and art collabs in these topics. Previously collab projects haven't been very succesful, so I would like to discuss whether or not you guys think these can be realised. Would you guys still like to see attempts at art collabs in the future? What else would you like to see from the community (podcasts, streams etc)

Meeting new people and working together can prove useful in your developement as an artist, so I think this would be a fun thing to introduce to the community. If this takes off I could even chat up Cleod about doing things like a Q&A with the SSF2 Art Team or special streams if you guys would be interested in that.

For this platform I was thinking of mostly keeping it limited to the Sprite and Art sectiosn, but maybe if it proves succesful we could even expand it to music and literary arts.

Thoughts/ideas?

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:46 am

MGN Username: SageHarpuiaJDJ
Currently Playing: The game of Life
Waifu: Beruka from Fates
I like the idea of this platform. I'd personally like to collab with any spriter here, but maybe when this idea picks more some more steam and gains more attention, collabs may be more possible then.

The SSF2 Art Team streams and Q&A idea is a wonderful idea, but if it comes to pass it would have be strict on the rules since SSF2 has been become incredibly popular and popular things attract a huge amount of different personalities. I think it won't be that much of a problem if there are good mods like in the SSF2 section here.

All in all, I like the idea. Maybe we can attract a larger variety of artists here with it. I do have one question tho, how would the topics be organized? Would they have their own board for each, or would they have a single stickied topic per current board that has links in the OP for each?

Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:02 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: Killatores
Maybe we could try to organize some team collabs. For what I have seen, that forum have been more a "see what I did" than a "let's improve together".
We could try to create a easy start course to begin in the Sprite art world, with some exercices and all, and then orzanize some collabs or something.
That kind of strategy is pretty funcional in other forums where I've been, (pivot and flash stickman animation), and the results are amazing (check the flash animation collabs of the guys of Stickpage) Ejample:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSfKusgaEDU
Animation give the comunity way more flexivility for this things... but maybe we can think our way out.

Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:34 pm

This is a great idea! I don't think streams are out of the realm of possibility for me either, seeing as I've done a few on Picarto/Twitch already. I would also enjoy participating in any collabs that happen in the future. Not enough of those happen, and it's great to get motivation from others while you work together.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:40 pm
 [ 4 posts ]