The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:26 pm

[ 7 posts ] 
Gregory Perishe (First Bio) 

Currently Playing: SFV-FI: Shenanigans
Name: Gregory Perishe
Nationality: British mixed with French. Think Semi-Old/Early Modern Britain for time period. (still has horse drawn carriages)

Gregory is the son of a wealthy Spice Merchant in England, He is an upbeat, positive thinker who is always got something to smile about.Because of his Wealth and Positive attitude he is well-liked by a lot of people and has many friends. Not always the brave one, but when someone is in distress he drops anything to comfort said person by any means necessary. He is a little adventurous and will use any excuse to do something fun to get him out of what he calls "a dull life of a merchants' child". He goes to a British Boys School of the Arts, which he loves, as he draws in a pocket sized note-pad he carries around with him as a hobby. Sometimes he skips classes to do something different, even if it means skipping London altogether (mainly his friends pressure him into leaving, since Greg doesn't like skipping his art classes). He has Minor Necrophobia after an Incident that happened in his Childhood.

He usually wears a light brown Coat that goes down to his Knees, and wears a Top-hat on his head, most of the time it is tilted to the left of his head, Grey or blue Jeans and Clean, Polished black Sneakers. He has Curly, Dirty Blond hair that goes just over his forehead at the front, and to the tip of his neck at the back, forming a nice curly Hedge kind of look on his head. He is of quite a slim build, And is quite Athletic. He is quite tolerant of people, and will listen to what they have to say all the time, He likes Jokes, but isn't very good at making them, A fact he will never admit. He isn't a very secretive person, but won't tell much to anyone he doesn't like, and makes his dislike of certain people obvious and clear.

Gregory is a very honourable, (but as stated, a little cowardly) person under all of his obnoxiousness and Wealth, interfering with any dispute that goes on around him, whether his presence is wanted or not. He prefers Brain over brawn, and will always strive to achieve even the smallest achievements, and has a "smaller problems first, then the bigger problem" approach to things, An opposite image of his father and best friend, Ernest, who go head first into things without thinking it though. His respect for people will only go to "if things get out of hand, I'm getting out of here" sort of level. But is crude to people he knows have hurt others in any shape or form, and goes as far as paying them to get out of his face so he can be rid of them. Though he rarely yells at anyone or loses his temper.

He has a habit of writing poetry, usually love or Comedic ones, He likes to write them because his mother used to tell him poems when she was alive, and writing reminds him of her, he has a whole section of his wall covered with bits of paper with poems on them, ranging from short to long, and from love to comedy to cheery poems. He also tends to hum quite loudly while doing it, which has proven to be a pain most of the time to People he travels with. He also has a habit of apologising over and over about things without realising, he even apologises when people say stop apologising to him. He also plays the flute, which he learned to play from his father to cheer him up about the loss of his mother and sister. When he was young he used to play that flute for hours on end until he started crying from his memories, but after a while he slowly got over a lot of the sadness and pain, and now only plays the flute when on breaks in School, when travelling, or when alone and not writing poems.

He likes to talk about songs, poems, and art of any sort, and is fairly chatty about it to anyone, yet doesn't talk about much else, because he doesn't know much about other topics, since he never really talked to anyone outside of home and school enough to personally know them, and thus would forget many conversations he has had with them. unless he's on a mini-adventure and learns from people he meets along the way.

He can fight, and mostly with a plain, metal short sword the shape and style of a rapier, because of this he uses both thrusts and slashes in his repertoire of sword attacks, he also wields a small, usually round shield, which he uses for defending and attacking, mainly defending though. But will always try to talk himself out of a fight, or run for his life before fighting. He learned how to use a sword from a young man he met on a business trip with his father, this young man saw potential in Gregory, and taught him basic sword movements, including how to use his shield for attacking as well as defence. The rest of what Greg knows he taught himself with his friend Ernest one time they skipped class and had a friendly spar. He can Heal people with magic, but that's the only special ability he has, but this special ability he learned from reading books and self practice, since there are a lack of healers in London. He is also natural briber, and tries to talk most mercenaries or thugs out of things that threaten him or others (mostly others), if it fails he uses his sword and shield equally for attacking and blocking, and is quite quick in his strikes and quick on his feet, often trying to Circle around his opponent and either back-stab them or run. He has a personal dislike of Magic users because he can never quite reach them before they start pelting him with fireballs and the like, but there was always more to it than that. He uses Healing magic because of 2 reasons, one his caring nature made him think healing magic will help people ease their pain. but The main reason is that Healing Magic has many Destructive Magic Repelling Spells, which he uses quite frequently against Mages because he doesn't want to see a repeat of the incident which took his Mother and Sister's lives. Though he doesn't know if these spells can stop the magic that killed his Mother and Sister.
The reason he needs to protect himself with swords and shields is the masses of thieves and thugs that lurk around London, and most of Europe, there are also masses of weird creatures and Vicious animals that lurk on the roads and forests of uncivilized parts of Europe. Being the son of a very wealthy and powerful Merchant, he is usually targeted for his wealth by thieves and greed-crazed people wanting his money, soon-to be his Company, and family treasures.

His Hatred of Destructive magic comes from a horrifying past when he was Six Years old, His Family was travelling on a cruise-Ship to London when one of the other passengers suddenly got up from his chair on the deck, and killed every woman on the deck in sight, including his Mother and younger Sister, and then resurrected them as zombies and teleported away, with his new zombies in tow. No-one knew who this man was, why he killed them, or where he is now, a fact that still boils Gregory's blood today, since he wants revenge against whoever this old-man was and ask why he did what he did on that night. Since that night, he vowed to himself not to use that sort of Necromantic or Destructive magic, or wanted to affiliate with them, and if he saw another necromancer, or anything associated with them, he would kill them where he stood. Greg still has severe nightmares about the incident, but instead of his mother and sister, it would be him getting killed and resurrected as a mindless zombie, and would proceed to kill his family under the control of that old man. These Nightmares disturb Greg a lot.

He also has a deep affection for someone he met on one of his travels, and hopes for another chance to see her, the said travel was a time when He and his friend Ernest (I might write a Bio on him too, but I'll wait until I get the hang of it with this one.) were skipping class and they found an unconscious girl on the road, but that's for another Bio, if I write it.

That's all I have so far, How did I do for my first Bio?

(This is the only recorded instance of this happening)

Term wrote:
i am a huge advocate of your right to whine like a b****

Kuro Kagami wrote:
i have problems with colors

i mean i have problems in general but colors tend to be a recurring issue

Last edited by Cactus on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:22 am

Currently Playing: anything Blizzard related is a safe bet. some random games ive acquired over the years, SSF2 (natch) and a few other things on trips of sporadic...ness
i see here the beginning of a good bio.... but then i am but a beginner in the foray of forum roleplay. i think you have a lot of potential. i would say possibly explain what kind of swords he is proficient in, and where he learned such skills as flute playing, swordplay, and maybe even elaborate on where his fascination with poetry. i wont go much further, as i am still learning much myself, particularly revolving around grammar, but i hope my statement helps in some way

http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

the above site is interesting to browse, in my humble opinion, and may benefit you in some way, if you want to think about your story more.

I could already see my character and yours arguing over magic :P (that isn't a bad thing)

░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
PROBLEM ILLITERATES?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:45 am

Kusanagi wrote:
i see here the beginning of a good bio.... but then i am but a beginner in the foray of forum roleplay. i think you have a lot of potential. i would say possibly explain what kind of swords he is proficient in, and where he learned such skills as flute playing, swordplay, and maybe even elaborate on where his fascination with poetry. i wont go much further, as i am still learning much myself, particularly revolving around grammar, but i hope my statement helps in some way

http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

the above site is interesting to browse, in my humble opinion, and may benefit you in some way, if you want to think about your story more.

I could already see my character and yours arguing over magic :P (that isn't a bad thing)

Thanks for the comment, It seems we're both new at this. I edited his Bio a bit to put more detail into those things and more.
And thank you for the site link, I had a good Chuckle reading that.

Term wrote:

Kuro Kagami wrote:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Currently Playing: anything Blizzard related is a safe bet. some random games ive acquired over the years, SSF2 (natch) and a few other things on trips of sporadic...ness
glad you appreciated it. i didnt compare my character to it so i have no idea how many mine fall into XD

░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
PROBLEM ILLITERATES?

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:46 pm

There you go again, capitalizing words that don't need to be. The writing is also a bit redundant (such as when you used quite thrice in a row).
The bio itself needs work, but I doubt you're surprised by that. You mention that he fights with a sword and shield, but have given us no reason as to why he would need to do so. Up until that point, it seems like he lives a relatively normal life. Without any background as to why anyone might need to arm themselves, it just seems out of place. We don't even know the time period.
The exposition of the fact that magic exists in this world is also too sudden. It seems almost like an afterthought. You didn't even mention it until the sixth paragraph. If anything, you need to tell us more about the setting. Focus on the fact that magic exists and the reason for people carrying arms.
As for the part where the character's mother is killed, it's too brief and, quite frankly, odd. One of the passengers just suddenly "got up" and killed all the women on board? One doesn't simply do such a thing. How did he go about killing them? Why did nobody stop him? What did he "get up" from? I am curious to know.
Finally, the name. People might question the validity of the name Phoenix "Nick" von Perish when your avatar clearly depicts, well, Phoenix "Nick" Wright. Also, von is a German term and is not typically capitalized.
Not terrible, though.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:24 am

Live Grenade wrote:
There you go again, capitalizing words that don't need to be. The writing is also a bit redundant (such as when you used quite thrice in a row).
The bio itself needs work, but I doubt you're surprised by that. You mention that he fights with a sword and shield, but have given us no reason as to why he would need to do so. Up until that point, it seems like he lives a relatively normal life. Without any background as to why anyone might need to arm themselves, it just seems out of place. We don't even know the time period.
The exposition of the fact that magic exists in this world is also too sudden. It seems almost like an afterthought. You didn't even mention it until the sixth paragraph. If anything, you need to tell us more about the setting. Focus on the fact that magic exists and the reason for people carrying arms.
As for the part where the character's mother is killed, it's too brief and, quite frankly, odd. One of the passengers just suddenly "got up" and killed all the women on board? One doesn't simply do such a thing. How did he go about killing them? Why did nobody stop him? What did he "get up" from? I am curious to know.
Finally, the name. People might question the validity of the name Phoenix "Nick" von Perish when your avatar clearly depicts, well, Phoenix "Nick" Wright. Also, von is a German term and is not typically capitalized.
Not terrible, though.

I'll try to fix that. As for the magic part, I didn't know if I needed to put that in, since I see the magic bit as something put in the description of an RP's World, not the people in it, but I'll look into it. Also, for the name, I came up with this guy before I knew of Phoenix Wright, but yeah, for Validity's sake, should I change the name? The whole "Mother death bit" does need a lot of work, this is just the first time I've written a bio, thus hadn't really needed to elaborate on it before. As for the old man killing people, it was in a story I wrote about the old man, which had no relation to Nick at the time, so I'll need to elaborate more on that too.

Term wrote:

Kuro Kagami wrote:

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:49 am

I edited this a bit. I changed the name, and edited a few things, and added a few things. I still think something is missing. Would appreciate some advice.

Term wrote:

Kuro Kagami wrote:

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:23 am
 [ 7 posts ]