The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:39 am

[ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Smash Flash Back Room 0.9b Tier List 
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Should we make the tier list A-D instead of S-C?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:06 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Should we make the tier list A-D instead of S-C?

No its fine as it is.

Also a BR member said to me that you guys would also be working on a MU chart.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:40 pm

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
MU chart? If you need me for MK/Lloyd matchups especially against S tiers , you can find me.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:56 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
If you apply then we can get started :smug:

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:12 pm

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
Daaaaaamn. I'll do this later.
EDIT : Also , BR members. What can we think about Naruto as the last S char and Fox as the first A Char? Is there a huge gap between those two?

Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:28 pm

MGN Username: TaylorGang
Currently Playing: SSF2
I agree with this but the only thing I think is off is Wario is he really C Tier? I Have seen people do some crazy stuff with him

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TaylorJames1234?lang=en
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/taypalacio/

Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:58 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Taylor Nicty wrote:
I agree with this but the only thing I think is off is Wario is he really C Tier? I Have seen people do some crazy stuff with him

Yes, he is. For he may have really amazing combos, but he has poor speed, power, and range. None of his moves can be considered safe, and his recovery can be easily gimped because of how predictable it is. Also, because of his weight and falling speed, he is considered combo food for most characters.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:08 pm

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
Wario's combo potential, Waft, and Chomp are pretty much his only viable traits. His airspeed is great, but his terrible speed and range hinders this a little too much to be considered godlike, IMO.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:20 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Mr.Z wrote:
Taylor Nicty wrote:

Yes, he is. For he may have really amazing combos, but he has poor speed, power, and range. None of his moves can be considered safe, and his recovery can be easily gimped because of how predictable it is. Also, because of his weight and falling speed, he is considered combo food for most characters.

This also goes out to Bomberman players. A tier list is a window into the meta of the time, there are numerous characters on here with untapped potential that can bring the character higher. However, we have to wait until that character receives the development they need. Wario's power can be traced back to pretty much one player, and even he doesn't get tournament results (not for being bad tho, I don't think Doof enters stuff). While the same could be said for characters like ZSS and MK, who do not have high representation, the representation they have had shows them as strong characters. Tails is in a similar boat, having very low representation but good results.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:25 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Wario is probably somewhere in B tier, honestly, but because of a lack of representation, finding the line between Doof being awesome and Wario being uber-jank broken is tough.

Ninja'd by a lawyer.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:28 pm

I'm surprised Samus ended up in C-tier

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:31 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Mr.Z wrote:
Taylor Nicty wrote:

This also goes out to Bomberman players. A tier list is a window into the meta of the time, there are numerous characters on here with untapped potential that can bring the character higher. However, we have to wait until that character receives the development they need. Wario's power can be traced back to pretty much one player, and even he doesn't get tournament results (not for being bad tho, I don't think Doof enters stuff). While the same could be said for characters like ZSS and MK, who do not have high representation, the representation they have had shows them as strong characters. Tails is in a similar boat, having very low representation but good results.

And I guess you can but me in that boat with Chibi. There have been many complaints about how Chibi is OP and whatnot (mostly the complaints are about his Uair and Grab range) but really, it's the salt talking. And the same goes for Megaman with his Projectiles and Dsmash. Most people don't know how to deal with those kind of moves, which leads to their opinion of that certain move or character being OP.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:53 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
feel like falcon should be B tier - he has like 2 favourable matchups
every character in the S tier (and most of the A tier) have favourable matchups against him

also I feel that if marth is S tier, then Fox should be too. they seem on the same level.

apart from that this is a good representation of the current meta imo

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:14 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Miracle--7
Waifu: Not a weeb so N/A
Mr.Z wrote:
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Mr.Z wrote:
Taylor Nicty wrote:

And I guess you can but me in that boat with Chibi. There have been many complaints about how Chibi is OP and whatnot (mostly the complaints are about his Uair and Grab range) but really, it's the salt talking. And the same goes for Megaman with his Projectiles and Dsmash. Most people don't know how to deal with those kind of moves, which leads to their opinion of that certain move or character being OP.

But Mega Man (aside from the recovery) is an all around amazing character. iirc one BR member had said if Mega Man had a Sonic like recovery like in smash 4 he would be S tier. Plus playing people who spam bricks, crash bomber, dash attack, and utilt makes me so salty. But the same could be said for Naruto. At the moment people put Naruto in such a high tier because they have likely played people who have spammed his "broken moves" when like you just said "People dont know how to deal with those kind of moves, which leads to their opinion of that certain character being over-powered.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJN2bI ... U4T8VXpgvA
My Youtube channel :D

Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:15 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
In terms of total results, I would agree Zamus is 2nd. Based off total results, Zamus should probably be 1st. But nothing in her design and effectiveness of her playstyle would really put her at 2nd. Or top-5.

I don't entirely agree with other things, but understand why those things are majority view.
Highest Votes wrote:
8 - Black Mage - - - - 3

9 - Yoshi - - - - - - - - 2

10 - Zelda - - - - - - - 1
Come on, guy! Those wild, outlandish voted positions. . .

Skailler wrote:
Check out the box under the list. There you can see that Naruto vas voted 6.6 in average, whilst Fox average is 8.2.
I don't know if it should work like that. That is a (1.6) difference. Based off that type of calculation, Meta Knight should be in his own tier with a (2.1) difference between his spot and Zamus. The vote is more just the majority agreement on the character's tier position.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:16 pm
 [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next