The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:06 am

[ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Smash Flash Back Room 0.9b Tier List #2 

Would love to hear some of the reasoning behind Naruto's drop.

Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:48 pm

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
Savy, eh? wrote:
Cruisin wrote:
Savy, eh? wrote:
Wario doesn't lose super hard to that many characters. His issue is that his worst matchups are against the best characters.

Wario v Kirby is horrible for Wario.
I'm not certain that I've ever played this particular matchup, but I have a hard time buying that Kirby - Wario is terrible. That seems like one matchup in which camping for farts is actually rather viable, for one thing. Guess I'll have to try it out at some point.

It's kinda hard to camp out Kirby if you're not on a big stage with a platform or 2. Added to the fact that Kirby is small and his hitboxes are not fun for Wario, especially Inhale/Chomp, Kirby could sense Shoulder escapes and catch him. Or Wario could just cower and give up stage control due to hitboxes/priority. This is a similar case for Wario vs Jiggs, but instead of worrying about special grabs, the aerial hitboxes, Jiggs' small size and floatiness are even worse for Wario.

Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:41 am

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
May I ask some things?

I've never really been able to play :pikachu: all that well, so how come he's so high on the list?

I think :jigglypuff: should be a bit lower, how come Jigglypuff is as high the way she is?

Why is :sora: so bad?

Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:26 pm

gEmssbguy13 wrote:

Has one of the worst MU spreads, bad approaches, terrible grab, one of the easiest recoveries to gimp, light, and bad killpower.

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:29 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
Cruisin wrote:
gEmssbguy13 wrote:

Has one of the worst MU spreads, bad approaches, terrible grab, one of the easiest recoveries to gimp, light, and bad killpower.

Wtf how is Sora the worst character, he has the best aproach, the best grab in existance, and an amazing recovery. He has great kill power too come on people just research makes perfect *Kappa*

Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:32 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
Free-kachu has a priority/speed combination that is incredibly difficult to deal with. Dair is nutty. His Thunder spike destroys a ton of recoveries. His down smash is almost as brutal as Peach's in melee. I forget which one of his throws chains into up smash, but that's a thing. His recovery is super difficult to punish. If you ever call out his up B with Marth's dair, or really any dair spike, it's pretty much the most satisfying feeling in the game. He's just a pest. I think ZSS has the best MU because of her range and then maybe Fox because of Fox stuff. Also maybe Lloyd because he's probably the freest character in the game.

Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:41 pm

sparty88 wrote:
I think ZSS has the best MU because of her range and then maybe Fox because of Fox stuff. Also maybe Lloyd because he's probably the freest character in the game.

I can agree with ZSS having the best MU spread in the game, but not really Fox and Lloyd. I think DK is the most free in the game, but I doubt he has the best MU spread, although he does good against MK, (possibly 50-50).

Why are anime characters in SSF2

Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:53 pm

MGN Username: colm016
Kirby is definitely worthy of something than bottom tier he has the best recovery in game can spike characters with his up special his f-grab and b-grab are instant kills if in the right place

Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:45 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
colm016 wrote:
Kirby is definitely worthy of something than bottom tier he has the best recovery in game can spike characters with his up special his f-grab and b-grab are instant kills if in the right place

Meta Knight has the best recovery, his UpB is super easy to avoid, and I've never met a good player who has fallen for the Fthrow/Bthrow suicide trick.

Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:47 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
So sad that Peach is still considered low tier...guess that makes me a low-tier hero tho :P

Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:25 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I think Peach is so low because this meta is so swordsman-centric, and Peach struggles so much against the high-tier swordsmen that, even if she does really well against a lot of characters, her competitive viability is seriously impacted.

I think watching BM, Sora, and Peach for meta development and/or PR will prove fruitful.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:55 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
I think Peach is so low because this meta is so swordsman-centric, and Peach struggles so much against the high-tier swordsmen that, even if she does really well against a lot of characters, her competitive viability is seriously impacted.

I think watching BM, Sora, and Peach for meta development and/or PR will prove fruitful.

That's true, the sword users are really strong, and if they dont have range they have speed, good projectiles, or broken tilts...

Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:03 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I actually wonder why MK is still top-tier. He probably has more even match-ups, with potential losing ones, against low-tiers than any other Top-tier. He's not bad, but it feels like Zamus and Lloyd should at least be above him.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:04 am
SSF2 Developer

I'm guessing Zamus and Lloyd would have a higher summed-up Match-Up, but MetaKnight's even-ness probably helps him. He also has more solid performance against High-Tier threats than the other 2 IMO.

Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:40 am

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
you saw nothing

Last edited by WRXJoey on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:59 am
 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next