The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:58 am

[ 2 posts ] 
Justice-Chaos Smashes Into The Back Room! (Application) 

Name (aka Handle):
Justice-Chaos
How old are you?:
Which characters do you play in SSF2? Why do you play these characters? (Note: do not list characters that are not currently in the game):
Main Chibi Robo secondary is C.Falcon
:chibirobo: Chibi Robo, in my opinion, is one of the best characters in the game (as of SSF2 v09b). He is a mixed character with a lot of mix ups that can put your opponent in tough spot, sometime even having no choice put to lose a stock. He has amazing air game with his neutral air have great coverage and can combo into some other moves effortlessly. While is on the ground game can be lack luster his grab is one of the best in the game, and once again can combo into that amazing air game.
:goku: I love playing with goku for one mechanic, he is a high risk high reward character. Goku is another mixed fighter, having great ground game (better than Chibi Robo in my opinion) and can matchup with the high level character in the air as well (But not better than Chibi Robo in my opinion). Goku can also fly for a short period of time allowing him to better recover than some other characters, and can also help him in his combo game. The lest thing I want to mention here is his high risk but high reward move, kaioken. The kaioken is one of my favorite things to do with this character when me and my opponent are in that last push to take the other out, ad this can either boost me or kill me, it is such a amazing feeling when you win with the kaioken, as you know that you undoubtedly could've lost that match.
How much experience do you have with official Smash titles? (SSB64, Melee, Brawl. Include in this answer which characters you play/played.):
I have played every smash title and the characters I played in all of them were
SSB64: :fox: Melee: :mario: , :marth: Brawl.: :fox: :mario: Smash 4: :fox: :sonic:
Have you ever attended any Smash tournaments? If so, give some details about the tournament (number of participants, which games, etc). How well did you place?
I play smash 4 locally usually placing high in the rankings, once winning a 50 player smash tournament.
When did you start playing SSF2?
I started playing SSF2 in 2011, casually and started to practice more seriously back in 2014.
What is your favorite stage in SSF2? Explain.
My favorite stage, while not the most unique answer, has to be Final Destination. It is just a clean cut stage and nothing between you and your foe.
Who, in your opinion, should be placed first on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a higher level than all others?
I honestly don't feel that there is any character that should be first in the tier list. Every character can be played differently, it is up to who is playing that character to find out hoe to adapt and control that match, Looking at the tier list Chibi Robo is C+ (as of November 2015) but I've beaten Marth players and I've beaten Lloyd players. So, I don' think there is any character that can definitively placed at the top.
Who, in your opinion, should be placed last on the SSF2 tier list? Under competitive settings why would this character perform on a lower level than all others?
As I stated above, I think it is up to the player to take the character they believe they can win with an be able to adapt and strive when needed. with that being said, I don't think there is any character that can be definitively put last in the tier list.
If you could make only one change to SSF2 as it currently is, what would it be and why?
I honestly don't see anything I would want to change. though that could be because I play so much anything other people would see as changeable is probably normal to me. smh
What is your view on items in competitive play?
no, No,nO, NO! The only reason items should be in competitive play is if it comes with the moveset of a character i.e Pac-Man in smash 4.
Do you have or can you download Skype? You don't need a mic or webcam.
Yes,I already have a Skype account.
Why do you want to join the Smash Flash Back Room? What will you contribute? Why are you an exceptional applicant? Be as detailed as possible.
I want to join the Smash Flash Back Room because I want to be able to come together with other like-minded people and share our experiences with each other, and I can contribute all my smash knowledge of chibi, and other characters to the other players to help their play (Cause from what I've seen ot many people play Chibi Robo online).
Additional information (Include in this section anything relevant to your application. This could include links to videos of yourself playing.)

Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:29 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Use the following stagelist to answer questions below if neccessary.

Starters:

* Battlefield
* Final Destination/Nintendo 3DS
* Yoshi´s Story
* Smashville
* Dreamland

Counterpicks:

* Tower of Salvation
* Castle Siege
* Sky Sanctuary Zone
* Mirror Chamber

1.) You stated that :chibirobo: is one of the best characters in the game in your opinion. How does this differantiation between "better" and "worse" characters go with your following statement that there shouldnt be a character ranked first/last on a potential tier list respectively?

2.) What do you think is Chibi-Robo´s best/ stage in the current metagame? Take layout, size, offstage area etc. into consideration.

3.) Imagine you are in an online tournament, facing a :captainfalcon: player in a Bo3 set. You have done well so far with :chibirobo: during the previous sets and decide to use him as a result. Assuming you may strike first, which player would strike which stages and why do you think that way?

4.) Explain the :chibirobo: vs. :captainfalcon: MU. Analyze both characters´ options in the neutral game, combo game, offstage play etc. Finish with a ratio of the matchup (for example 55/45 if you think that Chibi has a slight advantage, or 30-70 if you believe Falcon wins by a long shot (this isnt neccessarily the correct answer to my question as a headsup)).

Be detailed in your responses.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:45 am
 [ 2 posts ]