The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:06 pm

[ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
Sonic 

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Sonic's fast movement wise and has a good bait and punish game but one problem I've been having is his sluggish frame data. Almost all of his moves feel way to slow with the exception of his jab and nair.

Also am I using it wrong or is The Light Speed attack useless? It's a niche recovery option at best and obsolete for punishing as Dsmash and Fsmash can do it way better while being less risky. It can't even counter edgeguarding as a well timed homing attack can do it better.

I'd love it if this was replaced by something useful like Sonic Wave from Sonic Battle. Like Bowser, giving Sonic a projectile would help him be a lot better. It would have some startup and ending lag and would launch Sonic back and upwards slightly. The ground version would run along the ground while the aerial version would fall diagonally downwards and forwards.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:31 am

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
Sonario wrote:
Sonic's fast movement wise and has a good bait and punish game but one problem I've been having is his sluggish frame data. Almost all of his moves feel way to slow with the exception of his jab and nair.

Also am I using it wrong or is The Light Speed attack useless? It's a niche recovery option at best and obsolete for punishing as Dsmash and Fsmash can do it way better while being less risky. It can't even counter edgeguarding as a well timed homing attack can do it better.

I'd love it if this was replaced by something useful like Sonic Wave from Sonic Battle. Like Bowser, giving Sonic a projectile would help him be a lot better. It would have some startup and ending lag and would launch Sonic back and upwards slightly. The ground version would run along the ground while the aerial version would fall diagonally downwards and forwards.

The Sonic Wave would be nice but you have to ask how this would compliment his speedy type of gameplay.

Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:58 am

MaskedShadow wrote:
Sonario wrote:

The Sonic Wave would be nice but you have to ask how this would compliment his speedy type of gameplay.

As a safe option for long distances, racking up damage, setting enemies up to swoop in with the speed you mentioned to start combos, setting up uair as a finisher or fair as a finisher near ledges, creating some breathing room, interrupting tech chases, mindgames by using the backwards momentum etc.

It'd certainly be more useful than the light dash.

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:04 am

Sonario wrote:
MaskedShadow wrote:
Sonario wrote:

As a safe option for long distances, racking up damage, setting enemies up to swoop in with the speed you mentioned to start combos, setting up uair as a finisher or fair as a finisher near ledges, creating some breathing room, interrupting tech chases, mindgames by using the backwards momentum etc.

o_o Now that I think about it, that WOULD be pretty useful. But wouldn't it nerf his recovery?

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:32 am

MaskedShadow wrote:
Sonario wrote:
MaskedShadow wrote:
Sonario wrote:

o_o Now that I think about it, that WOULD be pretty useful. But wouldn't it nerf his recovery?

Sonic already has a good recovery in the form of Spring Jump that doesn't leave him helpless and a homing attack to intercept edgeguarders. Heck you can even do the aerial spindash to recover horizontally if you have decent height.

The light dash is a very impractical and lacking recovery option comparatively speaking. It even leaves you helpless and has bad endlag!

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:55 am

Sonario wrote:
MaskedShadow wrote:
Sonario wrote:
MaskedShadow wrote:
Sonario wrote:

Sonic already has a good recovery in the form of Spring Jump that doesn't leave him helpless and a homing attack to intercept edgeguarders. Heck you can even do the aerial spindash to recover horizontally if you have decent height.

The light dash is a very impractical and lacking recovery option comparatively speaking. It even leaves you helpless and has bad endlag!

Facts...

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:56 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Well whatever it is, the replacement better not be a second Spindash...

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:15 pm

☻Danny☻ wrote:
Well whatever it is, the replacement better not be a second Spindash...

I doubt there's gonna be a replacement anyway. It's just a suggestion I made considering the little usefulness of the Light Speed Attack. Then again, it's up to the devs what they do. Might as well hope for Sonic Wave anyway.

Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:07 am

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
Yeah, either Sonic Wave or that Sonic Wind-esque attack from Lost World 3DS.

Better yet, make it chargeable-either the 3DS attack or the Battle one. Would be pretty cool.

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:58 am

TheBeep wrote:
Yeah, either Sonic Wave or that Sonic Wind-esque attack from Lost World 3DS.

Better yet, make it chargeable-either the 3DS attack or the Battle one. Would be pretty cool.

Naw, making it chargable would either make it OP at full charge or weak at low charge. Giving it the same startup and endlag as his current Side-B and having the projectile send people into the tumble state (Like Tails' Ftilt) diagonally up and forward but dealing somewhat low damage (6% maybe?) so it wouldn't be TOO good for racking up damage (frame data helps in this regard too) would be balanced for the functions I mentioned above.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:07 am

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
Day 11090:

Still upset at how small Sonic's Down-B hitbox is, how slow it travels from TWO charges and not one, making it even more predictable than it already was
Still upset at how U-air is harder to connect with both hits due to the weakening of the first hit, effectively neutering Sonic's kill power
Still upset at how Sonic's fair is so easy to meteor cancel and has relatively low kb growth

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:

Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:53 pm

MGN Username: Anyoneintheworld
Currently Playing: SSF2, Garou: MoftW
Waifu: White Mage
Since D-air can meteor smash now, can we get his old F-air back?

Tap jump bois raise your hands \ :sandbag: /

Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:15 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
MaskedShadow wrote:
I think his combo game has improved a lot compared to the last version. Any thoughts?

I feel the same way you do MaskedShadow. Did you know that Sonic is one of my four secondary mains?

YouTube Video:

Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:43 pm

MGN Username: Knuckles for SSF2
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
I actually think Sonic is the worst due to spin dash not working at all. Removing spindash as a tool basically kills sonic even with his improved combo due to homing attack also being nerfed.

Ultimate Secondaries: Toon Link, R.O.B. Richter, Roy, King K Rool, Lucas

Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:09 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
BandanaDeeMain wrote:
I actually think Sonic is the worst due to spin dash not working at all. Removing spindash as a tool basically kills sonic even with his improved combo due to homing attack also being nerfed.

How is that possible? If you use Homing Attack, you can pull off some good combos. I think the BAD thing about Sonic is his recovery. It's pretty low reliable, since other fighters can easily punish you. Like Nario says: "A weakened version of a one hit KO, IS A ONE HIT KO."

Mains: :kirby: :rayman: :blackmage:
Secondaries: :sonic: :mario: :captainfalcon: :simon:

YouTube Video:

Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:42 pm
 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next