The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:26 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Damian went ahead and started to fight his battle so Dom did the same. Now with the opportunity to try his powers out without breaking anything, he could go all out. Now to figure out how this worked. He put his hand in a fist and started to concentrate on it. Unsure what to do next, he quickly threw a punch. Somewhat unsurprisingly, a gust of wind shot out from his fist, traveling in the direction he punched. Excited, Dom was ready to attack. He threw three quick jabs at the ghost from a distance, shooting air blasts at him. While they distracted the opponent, Dom dashed forward to close the distance.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Waifu: I'm married
The knight who would be facing Lotus seemed very displeased at the idea of fighting a tiger. "This... This is absurd." He mumbled beneath his breath, throwing away the shortsword he was planning to use and picking up the huge hammer. Tentatively he took a step forward and swung at the familiar.

Damian's unpracticed hand swung at the knight, who easily deflected it with his shield. "Grip the axe a little further toward the head. If you focus your body's weight and strength on the tip, like throwing a punch, you can pierce iron without a hitch. Done correctly, you'll crack my shield in half." Even though he was coaching the student, they were still sparring, so the knight thrust his shortsword towards Damian's midsection.

Phora flew straight through the chains, oblivious to any trap, and raked her left claws across Fiona's right arm. Alice grimaced; it wasn't a deep wound but it looked painful and bloody. The pixie looked at the blood on her hand. "Eww." She said, wiping the substance on her victim's shirt. "People blood tastes like pennies you know." With this sagely wisdom, she increased her altitude until she hovered above the chains. Her strategy was surprisingly sensible; if she could keep wounding them, Gregory would be forced to move away from Tsubaki's protection to stop the bleeding, but she lacked the foresight to account for the student's own plans. In her mind, they were already beaten.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:35 pm
YIM WWW

oh

we can retconn it either way it's up to you two

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:36 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
right when the ghost swung a hammer at Dot, Lotus knocked his legs out from under him. After that Dot landed on top of the ghost. Dot grabbed the hammer in her mouth and began to shake it attempting to pull it out of it's hands.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:57 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
"Whatever." Johnathan said, mocking Evelyn's tone. Knowing her, he had to hope she didn't take him seriously when he said that. "Sounds like a plan." His voice returned it's normal state, emotionless. Quickly deciding which sigils would be best, a single billhook materialized in his right hand. He drew a sigil on the wall, and found himself holding a long rectangular prism. He then drew another sigil on top of that. He watched as it transformed into a long iron spear, which looked pretty similar to another one from his past endeavors in that apartment building a few weeks ago. He had improved a bit with Muto, but nothing is perfect. "I'm going to assume this is what you wanted me to do," He had just realized he hadn't made much of anything else besides this spear, "How much spiritual energy does this have?" He didn't expect it to be a lot, but something was better than nothing.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:45 pm

MGN Username: Nixter
Currently Playing: Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Carter snapped into a stance, ready to do whatever Evelyn told Carter to, "I'm ready when you guys are, just give me the green light."

Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
As the knight thrust his sword toward Damian, he reacted quickly and pulled himself to the left, dodging the sword and saving his skin. At this point, he took the knights advice and got a better grip of the axe focusing the power on the tip. Now that the knight pulled back his sword, Damian hoped for an easy hit and swung the axe, aiming for the chest yet again.

Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:09 pm
Site Admin

Evelyn hovered over Johnny with her legs crossed as she watched him work with his sigils producing the rough spear, and then he showed it to her. "Good" she said, mildly pleased "Now Carter, I'll need you to use your crystal to enact digestion on the spear. Ghosts are attracted to energy, and since digestion bestows heat energy into objects, we can use this as some sort of antenna to attract spiritual phenomena." she was really grasping for straws now. "While I've never exactly tried it before, I'm pretty sure I can have my wisps orbit the spear, so that when any sort of spirit is drawn towards the...antenna...they'll be pummelled into submission...or something. I honestly don't know." she said with a sideways glance towards the group that had come down into the s****, "I'm used to just kinda beating stuff up." she said with a shrug.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:56 am

ooc: omg auto hit

"..." The ghost knight didn't even bother to struggle with a full-sized tiger smothering him. "... You pass." He said simply before disappearing.

Alice felt a bit bad for the knight. She should have at least warned him that there would be a wild animal running about. "Well, that was fast," She commented. "Why don't you rest while the others finish?"

Dominic's air blasts pelted his opponent's shield, pushing him back further and further. Still the ghost didn't bother to retaliate, giving the student the chance to take the initiative.

The ax was swung with much greater vigor this time. Damian's attack was blocked by the shield which was covering his left side, but large cracks began to erupt along it's surface. "Impressive," The knight said as he threw away the tool. "It's essentially useless now." With less weight the spirit was able to counter quickly. This time it was the student who was being put on the spot dodging sword blows. "Come on now, at this rate you'll be a better dancer than a fighter. Let's see that lightning of yours. Imagine it flying from your fingertips."

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:30 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

After his relaxing nap in the library, Maximilian pulled himself from out of his stupor and decided that he would try his luck and look for some of his 'comrades' in the room he was taken to when he first met them. Hurrying through the halls at a fairly decent pace it wasn't long before Maximilian barged into the 'club area' and realized that perhaps there was something scheduled for today he might have forgotten, though his train of thought was immediately broken but the sound of not so far off talking. Maximilian followed the voices until he happened upon the training area where he attempted to slide in undetected and watch his allies train.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:32 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
(ooc:I'm sorry.)
Lotus walked over to the sideline and began to watch the others battle. She wanted to battle something else. Dot let out a little roar before fading out of existance.This worried her she began to look around the room from her spot for her tiger.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:42 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
((Ichigo, you're a lifesaver.))

“Hey Maxi, old pal.” August smirked from the shadows at the bottom of the staircase as Maximilian passed by him, clearly trying avoid drawing attention to himself. August had elected to shirk the babysitting duties assigned him by his uptight senior, choosing instead to loiter around in the s****. The other students had passed him by, the leaders preoccupied with their younger charges, the new recruits too busy being blind followers to pay attention to much else.

It was just as well, for August was presented now with the perfect opportunity to torment his new roomate, yet another thing that he had neglected over the past couple weeks. The youth was a reserved boy. Seemingly content with observing those around him, he shunned direct involvement with anything. The two had exchanged few words beyond the occasional “good morning”. It occurred to August then that there truly was no better way to get to know a person than putting them in an uncomfortable situation. Certainly no way was more fun.

The young Król draped his arm around Maximilian’s shoulders, guiding him towards the group of students engaged in battle with members the school’s own circus freak show.
“Max, you should have come earlier, man,” August said, as they continued walking. “It’s such a riot here.” He raised his head, shouted in the direction of the ruckus; “Yo, Alice! Ol’ Max here volunteers for the next exercise!”

Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
The blasts packed more of a punch than Dom thought they would to his surprise, but with his opponent guarding behind a shield, they didn't do as much as he hoped. Now that he was nice and close, Dom's inner breakdancer started to come loose. He quickly dropped on his hands, bringing his body to an almost horizontal position. He brought his legs together and kicked them out towards the knight's chest. Unintentionally, a gust of wind shot out from his legs with the kick, adding to the attack.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:36 pm
Site Moderator

Maximilian wasn't fond of being called Max, nor was he fond of being volunteered to do anything. Nevertheless the boy refrained from objecting or pushing himself away from August.

"Does that mean I have to fight something?" Maximilian asked as a long yawn escaped his mouth. "I'm no good in a fight, and to boot I'm fairly untalented when it comes to using my power." removing August's arm from around him he thought about cooking up more excuses to make himself seem pathetic but Maximilian decided that it would be within his best interests to avoid completely painting himself as the physical equivalent of an infant.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Damian was pleased, the shield had cracked and the spirit threw it away knowing it would be useless. There was one drawback though, the spirit would be quicker now with less weight and so Damian was at a small disadvantage now. As he realized this, he stepped back and got some distance between them. The knight kept persuading him to use his lightning ability even telling him how. Realizing that he could hopefully end this with one try, he cleared his mind imagining nothing but the fact that he was one with lightning, he envisioned it flowing across his arm and bursting out at his fingertips. Immediately after, he felt a tingling in his arm, then his hand felt as if it were shocked by a doorknob, next thing he knew, lightning burst from his hand in one undefined direction. Unfortunately, his eyes remained closed after he cast the lightning bolt so he hoped he had actually hit his target.

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:53 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 98  Next