The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:29 pm

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 25  Next
Sheik 
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
Lunary wrote:
To change Sheik's color , just press Grab or Shield button.

Only Grab. Shield also switches.

Fri May 08, 2015 5:32 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
using midair needles to extend combos, or get extra % mid combo is like, Kreygasm

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Fri May 08, 2015 5:36 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Gosick wrote:
using midair needles to extend combos, or get extra % mid combo is like, Kreygasm

Yeah I am testing out different things with Needles. Playing with Sheik is just so fun and interesting.

Fri May 08, 2015 5:54 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: w/ emotions
Waifu: joey
Sheik's needles are one of Sheik's best tools, and arguably one of the best projectiles in this game because its great versatility and different uses. It can be used to zone, camp, approach, and interrupt the enemy's attacks and approaches. Its can be used in tech-chases, and its good hitstun is awesome for continuing combos/chains. Needle-resets are always nice, and can be followed up with easy KO options like dash attack/dtilt/ftilt -> fair -> edgeguard.

Tue May 12, 2015 8:03 pm

MGN Username: Jon
Currently Playing: peach, ichigo, marth
So was messing around in training mode and this happened: http://gyazo.com/5122ccaee26768c37a8d4b806f74b4dc

she can chaingrab fox! I was able to do it 6-7 times consecutively before I think fox could get out of it. Most probably know this already but for those that don't, here ya go.

Sat May 16, 2015 8:41 pm

SupremeDragoon wrote:
So was messing around in training mode and this happened: http://gyazo.com/5122ccaee26768c37a8d4b806f74b4dc

she can chaingrab fox! I was able to do it 6-7 times consecutively before I think fox could get out of it. Most probably know this already but for those that don't, here ya go.

I already knew about this because I already do this online and offline, they can escape it after the third throw.

Sat May 16, 2015 9:34 pm
BR Member

What I learned from barely beating Reimu in dittos: Sliding UpTilt is your friend.

Sun May 17, 2015 12:40 am

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
Does nair have insane priority or does Sheik not have a hurtbox on her legs during it? Dat s*** goes through everthang

Sun May 17, 2015 1:31 am

WRXJoey wrote:
Does nair have insane priority or does Sheik not have a hurtbox on her legs during it? Dat s#%$& goes through everthang

Yeah it does, but I try to out space as much as I can like use another attack or grab the lag.

Sun May 17, 2015 10:30 am
BR Member

So out of boredom, I decided to test which characters Sheik can jab-reset using grounded Needle Storm. Heres the list:
DK
Link
Kirby
Samus
Pikachu
Sonic
Peach
Wario
Bomberman
Black mage
Jigglypuff
Tails
Yoshi
Lloyd
Chibi Robo
Sora

Surprisingly enough, a pretty big chunk of the cast

Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:58 am

MGN Username: SickHakma
Currently Playing: Game
:sheik: or :zelda: better MU for :link:?

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:46 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Sheik IMO. Good combos, the mobility to get around projectiles, quick kills due to a meh horizontal recovery, and good close-range options against Link.

Jeez, you really hate this Link player, don't you?

General Link tips:

Link's moves are generally laggy. Your main goal is to bait Link into using a laggy move, then punish heavily because Link is one of the easiest characters to combo. You want to be just outside of dtilt range: enough to punish moves like dtilt, dsmash, utilt, ftilt, fair, and dair, while still being close enough to rush Link down after they try a projectile. Dash-dancing also works: have one end of the dash-dance be outside dtilt range, and one inside. Once Link uses a move, strike!

Offstage, respect Spin Attack's disjoint. If they go high, wait until the move ends then hit them (with fair as Sheik or bair as Zelda). If they try to sweetspot the ledge, you could either just let them grab ledge and try to hit them coming up from the edge (low risk, low reward, but might be very good if your friend doesn't mix up ledge options and always getup attacks or does a ledgehop fair or something), or insta-grab ledge (run to the ledge, hit down right before you fall so you skid over, and optionally turn around as you fall, which is super useful to practice) and either just hog ledge (time a roll so you're invincible the entire time and don't get hit) or, if they get on stage, ledgehop and hit them with an aerial (reverse fair if you're Sheik or bair if you're not feeling confident in your spacing, perhaps dair for Zelda? Ask a Zelda person about that).

When you're recovering, just beware of projectiles and dtilt.

Ways to deal with normal Link spam:

If they dair every time when they're coming down from above you, just shield it (or spot dodge for extra flair), and either grab or some other move into big punish.

If they spam Spin Attack, you shouldn't have to change your game plan: you should be outside its range anyways (right?), so just sit there, wait for the move to end, and then run in and punish.

If you can't get in because of projectile camping, your task is a bit harder. You can try to powershield a Boomerang (risky but rewarding), just shield the outward hitbox and run in and avoid the Boomerang's return hitbox (either by jumping, shielding, or getting behind Link), or try to run after the Boomerang as it returns and then get in the range you want.

EDIT: You can also outprioritize it. I know Sheik's nair does, and I'm sure you can find other quick moves that do it as well.

tl;dr Get right outside sword range, punish hard, and respect Spin Attack.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:32 pm

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Sheik IMO. Good combos, the mobility to get around projectiles, quick kills due to a meh horizontal recovery, and good close-range options against Link.

General Link tips:

Link's moves are generally laggy. Your main goal is to bait Link into using a laggy move, then punish heavily because Link is one of the easiest characters to combo. You want to be just outside of dtilt range: enough to punish moves like dtilt, dsmash, utilt, ftilt, fair, and dair, while still being close enough to rush Link down after they try a projectile. Dash-dancing also works: have one end of the dash-dance be outside dtilt range, and one inside. Once Link uses a move, strike!

Offstage, respect Spin Attack's disjoint. If they go high, wait until the move ends then hit them (with fair as Sheik or bair as Zelda). If they try to sweetspot the ledge, you could either just let them grab ledge and try to hit them coming up from the edge (low risk, low reward, but might be very good if your friend doesn't mix up ledge options and always getup attacks or does a ledgehop fair or something), or insta-grab ledge (run to the ledge, hit down right before you fall so you skid over, and optionally turn around as you fall, which is super useful to practice) and either just hog ledge (time a roll so you're invincible the entire time and don't get hit) or, if they get on stage, ledgehop and hit them with an aerial (reverse fair if you're Sheik or bair if you're not feeling confident in your spacing, perhaps dair for Zelda? Ask a Zelda person about that).

If they dair every time when they're coming down from above you, just shield it (or spot dodge for extra flair), and either grab or some other move into big punish.

If they spam Spin Attack, you shouldn't have to change your game plan: you should be outside its range anyways (right?), so just sit there, wait for the move to end, and then run in and punish.

If you can't get in because of projectile camping, your task is a bit harder. You can try to powershield a Boomerang (risky but rewarding), just shield the outward hitbox and run in and avoid the Boomerang's return hitbox (either by jumping, shielding, or getting behind Link), or try to run after the Boomerang as it returns and then get in the range you want.

EDIT: You can also outprioritize it. I know Sheik's nair does, and I'm sure you can find other quick moves that do it as well.

THANK YOU MAYBE NOW I CAN KICK HIS LITTLE BRAGGING a**

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:56 pm

Airtaters wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

General Link tips:

THANK YOU MAYBE NOW I CAN KICK HIS LITTLE BRAGGING a**

Who is the Link player you have been facing?

Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:39 pm

Oh its just some annoying friend of mine who uses Link in an annoying campy way and then when he wins hes like "IMMA TELL EVERYBODY U LOST LLOLo"
Ive been obsessed with beating him over the fact that its Summer vacation and he bragged saying that "Im going to count my wins during the summer over you and tell everybody lmao".

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:59 am
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 25  Next