The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:33 pm

[ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 25  Next
Mario 

Currently Playing: Melee, PM, SSF2
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Dsmash is really fast for a kill move, usmash is decent at killing and is great for catching landings out of an initial dash, and fsmash has a generously-sized sweetspot.

In this current demo for sure. His kill moves are great. Last demo it was hard. I did testing against another Mario in both demo's in the middle of FD with bad no DI.
My results
9a down smash: 125%
9b down smash: 95% (Holy crap)
9a up smash: 105%
9b up smash: 92% (Nice)
9a f smash: 120%
9b f smash: 98%
9a fair after down throw: 92%
9b fair after down throw: 130%
You trade a weaker fair for all your smash killing 20-30% earlier. I'll take it.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:01 pm
BR Member

Why is downsmash so freakin scary

Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:04 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
It actually isn't that bad. I realize this more as I use him. Proper DI could can survive to 110%. Even higher with better DI. That's reasonable for the range it has. Its knockback also mirrors Dr. Mario's Dsmash in Melee. It's very similar.

But it's hard as hell to even land the move in this game on good players. The move is so short ranged and predictable when it will be used. Honestly, if you get hit by it, you did something wrong in your spacing.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Last edited by Z A L O on Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:38 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Dsmash is really fast for a kill move, usmash is decent at killing and is great for catching landings out of an initial dash, and fsmash has a generously-sized sweetspot.

Dsmash is ridiculously strong, too bad it's range is so small.
Usmash has so much priority too, it's like one of the best anti-airs in the game.
I wouldn't fsmash is like PM or Sm4sh good, but it's still pretty strong for something so short in range.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:41 pm

Zalozis wrote:
It actually isn't that bad. I realize this more as I use him. Proper DI could can survive to 110%. Even higher with better DI. That's reasonable for the range it has. Its knockback also mirrors Dr. Mario's Dsmash in Melee. It's very similar.

But it's hard as hell to even land the move in this game on good players. The move is so short ranged and predictable when it will be used. Honestly, if you get hit by it, you did something wrong in your spacing.

He reminds me a lot of doc in this game. Minus the strong fair of course. Still Mario has a much easier time killing in this compared to Melee, Brawl, and 4. I think he's high or mid high in this game. Obviously range and recovery are issues but when he gets in :O.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:55 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
TheViceversa96 wrote:
Zalozis wrote:

He reminds me a lot of doc in this game. Minus the strong fair of course. Still Mario has a much easier time killing in this compared to Melee, Brawl, and 4. I think he's high or mid high in this game. Obviously range and recovery are issues but when he gets in :O.

His fair is actually strong as well and stronger than it was last demo.

I prefer Mario this way because from what I read up about him and used in the main games, Mario has strong comboing ability, but lacks strong finishers. His combos are not as good as last demo due to the nerf in hitstun, but he is still awesome and great at edge guarding as well. I'm trying to get better with Mario by practicing with him as much as I can.

@Zalo
Or they confirmed it with a fireball or read a roll. :mrgreen:

Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:40 pm

ZERO_OR wrote:
TheViceversa96 wrote:
Zalozis wrote:

I prefer Mario this way because from what I read up about him and used in the main games, Mario has strong comboing ability, but lacks strong finishers. His combos are not as good as last demo due to the nerf in hitstun, but he is still awesome and great at edge guarding as well. I'm trying to get better with Mario by practicing with him as much as I can.

@Zalo

Last demo fair kill from 90-110% off down throw. This demo it kill at 130-150 off of down throw. Look at the results I did above.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:28 am

double post oops

Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:29 am

TheViceversa96 wrote:
ZERO_OR wrote:
TheViceversa96 wrote:
Zalozis wrote:

@Zalo

Last demo fair kill from 90-110% off down throw. This demo it kill at 130-150 off of down throw. Look at the results I did above.

I missed that, but it doesn't really work like it does in PM?

What did you perform this on human or CPU?

Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:28 pm

ZERO_OR wrote:
TheViceversa96 wrote:
ZERO_OR wrote:
TheViceversa96 wrote:
Zalozis wrote:

@Zalo

Both were tested in the middle of FD against another Mario with no DI.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:52 pm

TheViceversa96 wrote:
ZERO_OR wrote:
TheViceversa96 wrote:
ZERO_OR wrote:
TheViceversa96 wrote:
Zalozis wrote:

@Zalo

Both were tested in the middle of FD against another Mario with no DI.

Player or CPU?

Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:07 pm
BR Member

CPU is gonna DI into the stage. While the AI isnt good for testing strategies and such, you can test how soon something kills perfectly fine.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:37 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
One day, I hope mcleodgaming makes Mario taller... He's too short.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:16 pm

ShadowMario2600 wrote:
One day, I hope mcleodgaming makes Mario taller... He's too short.

Ummm that's how Mario is in the main smash games and even in his own series.

His smaller size also means a smaller hurtbox.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:50 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
He's definitely a little too short. You can definitely feel his range suffer a bit from it too. He's shorter than Sonic, Wario, Mega Man here; when he's at a more similar idling height as them in the official smash games.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:53 pm
 [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 25  Next