The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:10 pm

[ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 46  Next
"Expansion" Character Moveset Speculation 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Probably the new patch of SSF2 Beta.
mage wrote:
nice overall review

Thanks for the reviews on the moveset, mage and Cookies, I'll go back and add some more details to it at some point, and hopefully continue making and touching up the sprites for it.

I'll review some other people's movesets soon, probably. It's only fair. They'll most likely just be on a functional level, because I don't know that much about most of the characters people have made movesets for.
I haven't played many Mario games or basically any Pokemon.

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:56 am

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
Someone break the tie on my poll please >.<

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

Click to expand thumbnail
kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:13 pm

MGN Username: RespectThePixel
Currently Playing: Smash Wii U, every Touhou game ever
Waifu: Alice Margatroid
Ay, this thread hasn't had too many posts in a while, but I made a new moveset. This time for my favorite Pokemon, Blaziken! I'm surprised no one's done this guy yet.

Blaziken Kicks it Off!

Palettes: show

Source Game: Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (GBA, 2002)

Blaziken is a dual-type Fire/Fighting Pokemon. As his Attack stat is higher than his Special Attack stat, Blaziken uses fast physical attacks for combos and kills.

SUPER HUGE GIMMICK THING:
You know how Lucario has his aura mechanic, right? Gets stronger the more damage he has. Well, Blaziken has the ability SPEED BOOST. This means he gets FASTER the more damage he has (Yes, I know you don't have to take damage for Speed Boost to activate in Pokemon games, but since when has Lucario had any sort of aura mechanic in Pokemon? That's what I thought). Blaziken's walk speed, run speed, initial dash speed, air speed, and frame data on certain attacks are affected by Speed Boost. Blaziken's jump height and falling speed is unaffected. Speed Boost maxes out at 150%. Speed Boost is indicated by how much fire is on his wrists.

Design: Blaziken is designed after its male form in SSF2. Male Blaziken has longer hair and a longer crest on his head than a female Blaziken. Thus, I refer to Blaziken as a "he" in this post.

Stats -
Weight: 95
Height: Tall (about the same as Captain Falcon)
Walk Speed: At 0% - 3.9, about the same as Peach. At 150% - 7.5, almost as fast as Fox
Initial Dash Speed: At 0% - Very slow. At 150% - Very fast
Dash Speed: At 0% - 8.7, as slow as Zelda. At 150% - 15.1, almost as fast as Sonic
Air Speed: At 0% - Very slow, about as low as Kirby. At 150% - Very fast, almost as fast as Jigglypuff
Short Hop: Low. Unaffected by Speed Boost.
Full Hop: 25, very high. Unaffected by Speed Boost.
Midair Jump: 24, very high. Unaffected by Speed Boost.
Fall Speed: 16.5, almost as fast as Falcon. Unaffected by Speed Boost.
Crouch Height: About the same as Captain Falcon

Standard Attacks -

Jab: Scratch, Scratch and Hone Claws
Damage: 2%, 3%, 2% infinite
Knockback: Very Low
Range: Short
Description: Jab1 and 2 are basic Scratch attacks. Then Blaziken uses Hone Claws and repeatedly scratches multiple times. Infinite jab.

Forward Tilt: Rolling Kick
Damage: 14%
Knockback: High
Range: Medium
Description: Roundhouse kick with good kill power.

Up Tilt: Slash
Damage: 12%
Knockback: Medium
Range: Low
Description: Blaziken slashes upward. Just enough knockback to where it does good damage, and decent Speed Boost will allow you to follow up near the top blast zones.

Down Tilt: Low Kick
Damage: 11%
Description: Blaziken does a low kick. Meteor smashes at the ledge.

Dash Attack: Quick Attack
Damage: 9%
Knockback: Low
Range: Low
Description: Does a knee attack, which looks similar to his official artwork. Despite the name, has rather slow startup and endlag with low Speed Boost. However, with high Speed Boost, this move has little to none of either.

Smash Attacks -

Forward Smash: Fire Punch
Damage: 18% - 28%
Description: Blaziken performs a strong, fiery punch. Your average Forward Smash, decent range, great knockback, startup and endlag are nothing special.

Up Smash: Jump Kick
Damage: 22% - 33%
Knockback: Very High
Description: Blaziken jumps, and on the way down delivers a notoriously powerful axe kick. This attack has high startup, however. Blaziken will bounce off if he hits an opponent or their shield. Otherwise, this attack has quite the landing lag as well. Speed Boost will reduce the landing lag but not the startup.

Down Smash: Double Kick
Damage: 6%, 12% - 9%, 16%
Description: Blaziken kicks downward on both sides of him. The first hit links into the second, because Double Kick always attacks twice.

Aerials -

Neutral Air: Double Kick
Damage: 5%, 6%
Knockback: Medium-Low
Description: Blaziken kicks twice quickly. Similar to Captain Falcon's Nair.

Forward Air: Crush Claw
Damage: 10%
Knockback: Medium-High
Description: Blaziken slashes in front of him. Looks similar to Bowser's Fair. Has a sweetspot at the end of the attack that meteor smashes and does fire damage.

Back Air: Mega Kick
Damage: 13%
Range: High
Description: Blaziken kicks behind him with great force. Looks similar to Fox's Melee Bair. A fast kill move.

Up Air: Flame Wheel
Knockback: Medium-Low
Description: Blaziken does an upwards fiery flip kick. Great for juggling. Similar to Captain Falcon's Uair.

Down Air: Aerial Ace
Knockback: Medium-High
Description: Stall-then-fall. Blaziken falls and slashes downward very quickly. Meteor smashes during the first few frames. Has a sweetspot on the fire on his wrists that kills.

Specials -

Neutral Special: Blaze Kick
Damage: 18%
Description: Blaziken charges and kicks forward in a fiery explosion. Similar to a Falcon Punch, but slower startup and weaker. Sounds terrible, right? Well, this attack's speed is determined by your Speed Boost. By default, this attack has a TON of startup and just isn't worth going for. However, depending on your Speed Boost, this attack can have a minimum of 5 frames of startup, making it by far your best finisher with good Speed Boost.

Side Special: Brick Break
Damage: 9 - 16%
Description: Blaziken karate chops forward with enough force to do a ton of damage to shields. Can be charged. A near fully-charged Brick Break will completely break shields. When used in the air, Blaziken will plummet downwards.

Up Special: Sky Uppercut
Damage: 2% per hit, 12% total
Description: Blaziken uppercuts to the sky. A multi-hit attack that does fire damage. Can kill pretty early and a good out-of-shield option.

Down Special: Flame Charge
Damage: 5%
Description: Blaziken charges up and dashes forward covered in flames. Successfully landing this move will result in low damage and knockback dealt, however, you will gain about 7% worth of Speed Boost. This does not raise the maximum capacity of Speed Boost.

Grabs and Throws -

Grab: Blazing Grab
Range: Medium-Low
Description: Blaziken grabs the opponent with both hands. 20th best grab range in the game, which is less than average.

Pummel: Blazing Knee
Damage: 2%-1%
Description: Blaziken knees the opponent and does fire damage. A rather fast pummel.

Forward Throw: Vital Throw
Description: Blaziken throws his opponent on the ground. His most viable kill throw, killing at the edge around 120%.

Back Throw: Mega Kick
Description: Blaziken kicks the opponent behind him. Doesn't really kill but can set up an edgeguard position pretty well.

Up Throw: Slash
Description: Blaziken slashes the opponent upward. Decent for some combos.

Down Throw: Incinerate
Damage: 6%
Description: Blaziken throws the opponent down on the ground, and burns them with a short burst of fire from his hand. Decent for setting up combos.

Final Smash -

Mega Blaziken
Type: Semi-Final Form
Description: Blaziken Mega Evolves into Mega Blaziken. Mega Blaziken's stats are equal to a full Speed Boost Blaziken. Mega Blaziken can use 4 moves, and all can be performed with either the Attack or Special button. Mega Blaziken is just as vulnerable to attacks as Blaziken is, referencing the fact that Blaziken's defenses barely change when he Mega Evolves.

Neutral Special: Blaze Kick
Damage: 28%
Description: Similar to a full Speed Boost Blaze Kick, but much higher damage and knockback, and has more fire effects. The only one of Mega Blaziken's attacks that has no damage recoil.

Side Special: Flare Blitz
Damage: 30%
Description: Similar to Charizard's Flare Blitz in Smash 4, but does more damage and is faster. Mega Blaziken takes 20% damage when using the move.

Up Special: High Jump Kick
Damage: 25%
Description: Mega Blaziken jumps up very high and delivers a powerful axe kick on the way down. Mega Blaziken takes 10% damage if he lands on the ground. However, if he hits the opponent or shield, they take heavy damage and horizontal knockback and Mega Blaziken bounces off of them.

Down Special: Brave Bird
Damage: 8% per hit, 48% total
Range: Very High
Description: Mega Blaziken flips and attacks with his beak, all the while spinning around as if he's flying. Similar to Meta Knight's Shuttle Loop in terms of recovery trajectory. A multi-hit move that has devastating damage if all hits connect. However, Mega Blaziken takes 4% damage per hit connected. Mega Blaziken will not go into free fall after this attack.

Misc. -

Idle: Blaziken holds his arms out in a fighting stance, similar to his X and Y idle.

Idle Pose: Blaziken clenches his fists and checks his wrists.

Entrance: Blaziken jumps out of a thrown Poke Ball and flips onto the stage, and begins his idle.

Taunt: Blaziken holds his hand out and says "Ken!"

Vertical Taunt: Blaziken jumps, flips and lands facing opposite of the screen, while his wrists burn.

Side Taunt: Blaziken crosses his arms and growls while his wrists burn.

Victory Pose: Blaziken performs a Blaze Kick and holds a Tae Kwon Do-like pose.

Victory Theme: Same as all other Pokemon characters' victory themes.

Last edited by Scrimmy on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:26 pm

MGN Username: RagnorokX
Currently Playing: ssf2, ssb4
Okay, here is my two cents on this. Their is a major flaw with his gimmick: Like lucario, Blaziken is a bad character at 0%, but a good character at 150%. THis means that you get REWARDED for getting hit up until 150%. This is a bad thing in such a fast paced enviroment. And 5 frames on full speed boost blaze kick? Just way too strong. I would suggest changing the gimmick, but as far as i can tell, the only bad thing about his moveset besides this is the FS. Thats my opinion.

Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:18 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Speed Boost is a quirky mechanic for sure. Althought here are my thoughts
•Maybe Blaziken should have a naturally average jump height that isn't affected by Speed Boost. Blaziken speeding around the stage at high % is one thing, rewarding him for surviving and allowing him to do crazy Rushdown combos. But hitting him offstage at high % and knowing if the hit doesn't kill him that he'll make it back for free because off his giant speed boost boosted jump height.

•You should make Blaziken's Fsmash a flaming kick. Ik he has neutral special but it would just fit more.

•His up smash should be FirePunch instead. Makes more sense that he'd do a simple uppercut rather than a complex jump kick for just a smash attack.

•Maybe replace Sky Uppercut with High Jump Kick? It could be like a reverse of Luigi's Fire Jump Punch. Blaziken is vulnerable on the startup but rises high into the air. When he reaches the apex of the jump he delivers a super strong kick and is covered in super armor for the hitbox frames. But he then comes crashing down.

Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:46 pm
YIM

Shine-chan wrote:
Speed Boost is a quirky mechanic for sure. Althought here are my thoughts
•Maybe Blaziken should have a naturally average jump height that isn't affected by Speed Boost. Blaziken speeding around the stage at high % is one thing, rewarding him for surviving and allowing him to do crazy Rushdown combos. But hitting him offstage at high % and knowing if the hit doesn't kill him that he'll make it back for free because off his giant speed boost boosted jump height.

•You should make Blaziken's Fsmash a flaming kick. Ik he has neutral special but it would just fit more.

•His up smash should be FirePunch instead. Makes more sense that he'd do a simple uppercut rather than a complex jump kick for just a smash attack.

•Maybe replace Sky Uppercut with High Jump Kick? It could be like a reverse of Luigi's Fire Jump Punch. Blaziken is vulnerable on the startup but rises high into the air. When he reaches the apex of the jump he delivers a super strong kick and is covered in super armor for the hitbox frames. But he then comes crashing down.

I like these ideas. Now that I think about it, Blaziken having super huge jumps would make him a bit overpowered. Yeah, Fire Punch as an Fsmash doesn't make all too much sense. But I like having Jump Kick for his up smash personally. I do like the idea of his Up B being High Jump Kick, but I'm a little biased because Sky Uppercut is one of my favorite moves lol. :P

Keep in mind though that Blaziken is a naturally high jumper thanks to his leg strength, so he'd still have a decent recovery, just now it would be more consistent.

Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:38 pm

I guess no one pays attention to me, in PE and out....

Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:58 pm

MGN Username: blackking1700
I actually made this one over a year ago, but never got around to posting it.

Leon Powalski from Star Fox
Moveset: show
This Moveset basically makes Leon a Simi-Clone of Snake

Basic Combo-

Right Swing
does basic damage.

Low Kick
does the same damage as the first hit, and should hit the opponent into the air.

High Kick
does a little more damage than the first two hits, and has medium knockback

Side Smash- Tactical Rifle
Leon pulls out a Tactical Rifle and shoots the opponent. Does low to medium damage and knockback depending on how far away the opponent is. Has a reload mechanic like Snakes Tranquillizer Gun in PM, but has 5 rounds instead of 3.

Down Smash- Pitfall
Leon buries a Pit in the ground, similar to Snakes down smash, the longer the charge the harder to get out of. does low damage.

Up Smash- Grenade Launcher
Pulls out the same Tactical Rifle and fires a grenade upward. does medium damage and has medium range and knockback, can damage Leon if caught in the explosion. Can aim if "A" is held. Has end lag where Leon reloads the Grenade.

Forward Tilt-
Leon swings his tongue forward. Low damage and range similar to Yoshi's N-spec. Low knockback.

Down Tilt-
Leon trips the opponent with his tongue. Low damage and low range.

Crawling Dtilt-
Fires a shot from his Tactical Rifle while laying on his stomach. Does low to medium damage and knockback depending on how far away the opponent is.

Up Tilt-
Leon whips his tongue upward. Low-medium range and low damage and knockback.

Neutral Special- Red Laser Sights
if held on the opponent for a long enough time, a flashing red dot should appear on the opponent. After a certain amount of time has elapsed, a cruiser will fly across the screen and blast the designated target. Cant be reflected and is guaranteed to hit, does heavy shield damage. Laser has medium range and can be aimed. The blast does medium damage and knockback.

Side Special- Tactical Tool Bag
throws a different grenade every time, can only throw one grenade at a time.
1-Normal Grenade, similar to Snakes Grenade
2-Smoke Grenade(smoke begins to fill that area of the stage)
3-Stun Grenade(stuns nearby opponents)
4-Throwing Knife(does Impale damage and can cancel attacks)
5-EMP Grenade(similar to the Stun Grenade, but destroys projectiles, has a bigger blast ranger and has less stun and knockback)
6-Sticky Grenade(sticks to the opponent and after a designated time blows up)

Down Special- Reflector Wave
reflects projectiles like normal, but continues to fall while using in mid-air. the Reflector Wave is 3 waves streaming downward, sorta like a force field. Hitting the opponent with the first wave does low damage and knockback; the second wave does no damage and stuns; and the third wave does low damage and knockback; but if the other 2 waves hit before the third, the third wave does medium damage and high knockback. Hitting with the third wave while in mid-air, Leon will bounce off of opponents.

Up Special-
similar to Snakes up special but can fire bullets from his Tactical Rifle While flying in the designated direction.

Neutral Air- Field Knife
swings the knife behind him first, then in front of him. Does medium damage and knockback.

Forward Air- Pounce
Leon launches himself forward with his Field Knife, has low-medium range and is a multi-hit move. the last hit should spike.

Back Air-
pulls out his Tactical Rifle and shoots behind him, moving him forward(similar to robot's back air). Does low to medium damage and knockback depending on how far away the opponent is.

Down Air-
pulls out his Tactical Rifle and shoots under him causing a spike, the attack also moves Leon upward some. The spike is weaker the farther away the opponent. Does low to medium damage and knockback depending on how far away the opponent is.

Up Air-
pulls out his Tactical Rifle and fires upward moving him downward some. Does low to medium damage and knockback depending on how far away the opponent is.

Grab-
Leon grabs the opponent with his tongue(similar to Yoshi's)

Pummel-
Leon holds the opponent with his tongue while pummeling the opponent with both his fists

Forward Throw-
pushes off the opponent, jumps in the air and extends both legs launching the opponent forward

Back Throw-
hurls the opponent backwards(similar to Snakes)

Down Throw-
Leon lays the opponent down and places a Sticky grenade on the opponent

Up Throw-
Leon slams the opponent down twice with his tongue then throws the opponent upward

Taunt 1-
Leon sharpens his Field Knife while doing a sinister laugh

Taunt 2-
Leon turns invisible and his eyes start to glow

Taunt 3-
Leon uses this taunt to quickly skip the grenade he's about to throw

NOTE: When using Your Back, Up, or Down air without any ammo in the rifle, Leon should still swing the gun but wont shoot(this will remove the force given while firing the weapon).

NOTE: Leon cannot shoot his Rifle during his up special if he's out of ammo.

NOTE: All attacks using the Tactical Rifle have end lag(excluding his up special).

NOTE: Leon turns invisible while dodge rolling, wall crawling and crawling.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:19 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Palutena Sprite and Palettes: show
Sprite by Lisnovski
Which palette's your favorite?

Source Game: Kid Icarus
Universe: Kid Icarus

Description: Palutena is the Goddess of Light, she originally appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl but wasn't playable until SSB4. In her playable appearance she is a very weak and slow fighter hampered by heavy endlag. Her default special moveset in SSB4 is quirky and weird to use competitively.
SSF2 makes use of Palutena's range, gives her more speed in currently slow attacks, a better grab, and uses her better custom special moves with a twist here and there. She also has a few new attacks and traits exclusive to SSF2!

Stats
Weight: 115
Height: Tall
Walk Speed: Slow
Initial Dash: Fast
Dash Speed: Below Average
Palutenas Dash in SSF2: show
She leisurely runs rather than hovering across the ground.

Air Speed: Slow
Short Hop: Average
Full Hop: High
Midair Jump: High
Fall Speed: Average

Palutena Unique Traits: show
•Attacks using Palutena's Shield(Dash Attack & Back Air) have super armor on the hitboxes, but not on Palutena's hurtbox. This allows those attacks to muscle through projectiles. Similar to their unique armor properties in SSB4.

•Moves with transcendent priority are:
Utilt, Forward Smash, Up Smash, Up Air, and Explosive Flame.

•All of Palutena's aerials can be land cancelled normally except Nair which has 6 frames of landing lag.

Standard Attacks
Jab1: Staff Jab
Damage: 2%
Knockback: Very Low
Description: Similar to her SSB4 jab, Palutena quickly thrusts her staff infront of her. A good ranged jab that has low endlag, allowing Palutena to follow up with a tilt or a grab.

Jab2: Light Blast
Damage: 1% per tick
Knockback: None, Rapid Jab
Description: After Jab1 Palutena follows up with a blast from her staff. The player can hold the attack button to continuously rapid jab.

Jab3: Light Burst
Damage: 3%
Description: After Jab2 Palutena will followup with a hefty blast from her staff.

Forward Tilt: Staff Swing
Range: Long
Description: An attack unique to SSF2. Palutena twirls in place while swinging her staff infront of her. Similar to the many roundhouse kick Ftilts in the game, except since Palutena uses her staff it provides a long disjoint. Good for spacing in the neutral. A much faster and more consistent Ftilt than in SSB4.

Up Tilt: Staff Twirl
Damage: 14%, all hits connect.
Description: Identical to her SSB4 Utilt. Palutena leans backwards while kneeling down and twirls her staff overhead. Has good vertical range and decent horizontal. It's main use is challenging and beating aerial assaults. A somewhat commital tilt. Has transcendent priority. Can KO at high percents. (140%+)

Down Tilt: Staff Sweep
Description: Identical to her SSB4 Dtilt, while crouching Palutena twirls her staff at the ground infront of her. Faster than her ftilt at the cost of some range and damage.

Dash Attack: Shield Bash
Description: Similar to her SSB4 Dash Attack. Palutena charges forward while dashing to deliver a tackle with her shield. Palutena's Shield has super armor on the hitbox. Allowing it to beat out other attacks and cancel out almost all projectiles. Palutena can still be hit out of the move as only her shield has super armor. Dash Attack has much less lag than its SSB4 counterpart, but still has noticeable endlag. Can KO at very high percents. (150%+)

Smash Attacks
Forward Smash: Angelic Gust
Damage: 15% inner hitbox, 11% wing tips
Fully Charged Damage: 23% inner hitbox, 19% wing tips
Knockback: High, produces a strong windbox
Description: Identical to Palutena's SSB4 Side Smash. Palutena creates angel wings behind her and delivers a mighty gust. The inner hitbox closer to Palutena is much more powerful than the hitbox located on the tips of her wings. The windbox on this attack has also been strengthed to make it less punishable on whiff. Has alot of endlag. The inner hitbox can KO at relatively low percents. (85%) The outter hitbox KO's at high percents however. (130%)

Up Smash: Heaven Beam
Damage: 14% base, 12% shaft, 10% tip
Fully Charged Damage: 22% base, 20% shaft, 18% tip
Knockback: High(base/middle), Medium(tip)
Range: Very Long
Description: Identical to Palutena's Up Smash in SSB4. Palutena creates a pillar of light infront of her. Very Long vertical range. Doesn't directly cover Palutena. There are three hitboxes located along the pillar. One on the base that's the strongest, one in the middle that has average KO potential, and one on the tip that doesn't KO until high percents. They KO around 110%, 120%, and 130% respectively.

Down Smash: Angelic Guard
Fully Charged Damage: 21%
Knockback: Medium, produces a windbox
Description: Identical to Palutena's Down Smash in SSB4. Palutena creates angel wings behind her and slams both of them onto the ground simultaneously. A mediocre smash attack. The windbox is stronger than SSB4's but isn't as strong as Forward Smash's. Unlike Palutena's other smashes Down Smash has a single consistent hitbox. Can KO at high percents. (135%)

Aerials(all of her aerials are similar to SSB4)
Neutral Air: Staff Whirl
Damage: 10%(2% per hit, 5 hits)
Range: Short (covers Palutena)
Description: Palutena spins her staff ontop of herself. Unlike most multi-hit aerials in SSF2 Palutena's Neutral Air has extremely strong trapping, like in SSB4. This allows Palutena's Nair to suck in opponents on hit. Palutena's Nair has such strong trapping it can carry opponents with her midair. With it's low knockback Palutena can combo into seemingly any of her other aerials depending on the opponent's knockback position. Unlike most aerials in SSF2 Palutena's Nair doesn't auto land cancel until after the hitboxes terminate.

Forward Air: Light Kick
Damage: 8%
Description: Similar to Zelda's Fair/Bair but without the sweetspot. Palutena's Fair is an amazing poking, zoning, and combo tool. It can be used to transition from air to ground combos with ease. Can lead into a plethora of follow-ups and it's uses are even more plentiful when combined with Lightweight.

Back Air: Shield Strike
Description: Palutena thrusts her shield behind her. Like Dash Attack Back Air has super armor on the shield hitbox. Allowing it to beat out projectiles and most aerials. A strong attack that's great for spacing and killing on the ledge or offstage. Usually KO's around 120% on the ledge but is one of Palutena's strongest offstage KO moves.

Up Air: Angel Beat
Damage: 14%, 2% per hit, 6% final hit, 5 hits.
Description: Palutena creates her symbol behind her along with a burst of radiant light. This attack has multi-hits that link into the last hit. Usually KOs around 110% mid stage but can KO even earlier near the upper blast line due to Palutena's high jumps.

Down Air: Quick Sweep
Description: Palutena swings her leg under her. Will always spike the opponent on hit. Though it can be tricky to hit with as the hitboxes don't stay out long at all. The spike is also fairly weak in comparison to other spikes but can still reliably KO or put opponents in awkward positions. Dair is Palutena's fastest aerial, coming out in frame 2. It's also amazing for combos.

Specials
Neutral Special: Explosive Flame
Damage: 12%, 2% per hit, 6 hits
Description: Palutena casts a spell from her staff and a sphere of flames appears a set distance infront of her. The flame sphere is a multihit attack with transcendent priority. Similar to Samus' Missles Palutena can land cancel the casting animation after the sphere of fire comes out. Giving Palutena an extremely unique zoning and combo tool. Though Palutena is vulnerable if the opponent is in the dead zone between the sphere and Palutena. Explosive Flame also deals little shield damage and can't poke shields.

Side Special: Super Speed
Damage: 7%
Description: Palutena charges forward at super speed, covering herself with a hitbox. Palutena can jump out of Super Speed at any time. This allows her to combo the Super Speed collision hit into any aerial depending on DI. Combined with Nair Palutena can carry opponents across the stage. When combined with Palutena's midair jump Super Speed will do a short hop midair and charge forward. After using Super Speed Palutena has to wait 3 seconds before she can use it again.

Up Special: Warp
Description: Similar to Mewtwo's Teleport from Melee/SSB4. Using Warp will cause Palutena to vanish almost instantly and reappear in a direction of the players choice. There are no hitboxes to keep Palutena safe but it has very little lag.

Down Special: Lightweight
Description: When used Palutena's mobility is increased tremendously. Making her the 2nd fastest character in the game after Sonic. Her air speed and jump height are also effected. This gives Palutena access to lengthier combos, 0-death combos, and ability to rush down the opponent, but the player has to be careful as Lightweight also decreases Palutena's weight to 80 making her easier to launch and KO. Lightweight lasts for 8 seconds, after which Palutena regains her weight and her dash speed is drastically slowed. Her air speed and jump height are reverted to normal. This after effect lasts for 5 seconds. Palutena also has to wait and additional 3 seconds before she can use Lightweight again.

Grab & Throws
Grab: Heavenly Hold
Description: Palutena reaches forward to grab her opponent. Her grab endlag is heavily decreased from SSB4. (Where it has a ridiculous amount of endlag for no reason.) Giving her normal grab data compared to the rest of the cast.

Pummel: Spellpound
Damage: 2%
Description: Palutena zaps her opponent with magic from her staff.

Forward Throw: Goddess's Touch
Description: Palutena throws her opponent forward. Sends the opponent at a semi-spike angle allowing Palutena to create tech-chase situations.

Back Throw: Heavenly Kick
Description: Palutena lifts the opponent upwards and can-can kicks them behind her. Can KO at high percents. (140%)

Up Throw: Godess'send
Description: Similar to Fox's Up Throw. Palutena throws her opponent upwards into the sky. Can chaingrab fast fallers, can set up a techchase on plateforms at low percents, and can kill confirm into Palutena's Uair but is DI-able.

Down Throw:  Punishment
Description: Palutena slams the opponent into the ground, popping them up into the air. This is Palutena's BnB combo throw identical to it's SSB4 counterpart. Palutena can follow up Dthrow with any aerial depending on the opponent's DI. Althought Nair will usually catch the opponent.

Final Smash: Black Hole & Mega Laser
Damage: 40%
Range: Very Long
Description: Palutena does a sacred dance and flies offstage whilst leaving a Black Hole. The Black Hole pulls in opponents, after around 2 seconds Palutena will follow up with a Mega Laser. Has very high knockback and KO's around 70%.

Misc.
Taunt1: Palutena will stand her staff up and do a poledance on it while playfully laughing.

Taunt2: Palutena nonchalantly flips her hair and says "Ready when you are."

Taunt3: Palutena creates her symbol behind her while lifting her staff into the air. Creating a bright light from the crystal orb. She exclaims "You can't hide from the light!"

Last edited by Shine-chan on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:47 am
YIM
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
Poliwrath Storms into a Smash

The people's champion

Not pictured; red alt, politoed alt

Poliwrath is a small but heavy fighter whose main focus is close quarters combat. Poliwrath's fighting style mainly revolves around martial arts, but its water attacks make it cut to the bone. He does a lot of splash damage. The tide can change quickly however, if Poliwrath's Hydration Meter falls to critical levels. Poliwrath must control the flow of the match by preforming a storm of offensive in tandem with backing off to get an Aqua Ring out. Don't drain your resources or you'll end up sweating. Water pun.

special moveset: show
Neutral Special: Ice Punch Poliwrath charges up to deliver a chilly punch. In terms of delay it is similair to Falcon Punch, but Poliwrath can improve its lag when the Hydration Meter is fuller. It freezes opponents, but the duration of the freeze depends on Poliwrath's meter.
Side Special: Surf Poliwrath creates a wave beneath him to surf forward, knocking people out of the way. He can cancel out of the move by pressing attack to preform Dive which is a diving slide that propels Poliwrath forward (and also allows him to duck under projectiles if neccesary). Although good for mobility, it drains meter quickly.
Up Special: Aqua Jet Poliwrath preforms an uppercut which causes a stream of water to knock him upward. Especially potent on the ground, but a predictable, risky move in the air. When the Hydration Meter is fuller, he can travel further and the move has less endlag
Down Special: Aqua Ring Poliwrath has a special 'Hydration Meter'. The Hydration Meter is similair to Guilty Gear's Sin's Calorie Appetite meter; if the meter is low, Poliwrath will be slower and his attacks will have more endlag. Additionally, the range of his specials will be more limited. When the Hydration Meter is fuller, attacks and speed will gradually increase (depending on if the meter is 25%, 50% 75% or 100% full. As you might imagine, at 100% Poliwrath is more lethal. Poliwrath starts a match with the meter at 50%.

However, the Hydration Meter will gradually decrease as Poliwrath does attacks, so Poliwrath needs to take time and fill it up during the match. Poliwrath can do this via his Down Special, Aqua Ring. Aqua Ring summons a ring of water around Poliwrath that gradually fills the Hydration Meter as long as it's up. After the initial start-up, Poliwrath can freely move around with the ring around him, and it will continue to fill up the Hydration Meter 'till it's full. If Poliwrath is damaged with the aqua ring out, it will dissappear and you'll be unable to summon it for a while. Be careful.

smash attacks: show
Side Smash: Aqua Pulse Poliwrath claps his hands together forcefully, causing a splash of water when he claps
Down Smash: Splash Poliwrath punches the ground, causing a splash
Up Smash: Brick Break Poliwrath karate chops above him in an arc

final smash: show
Giga Impact
Poliwrath quickly surfs forward, if the attack connects, he will grab the opponent. Poliwrath will then shoot up with a geyser of water and preform a powerful, dramatic piledriver resulting in an instant KO. Upon impact, Poliwrath will cause a lot of splash damage to nearby fighters.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:08 am

RagnorokX wrote:
Okay, here is my two cents on this. Their is a major flaw with his gimmick: Like lucario, Blaziken is a bad character at 0%, but a good character at 150%. THis means that you get REWARDED for getting hit up until 150%. This is a bad thing in such a fast paced enviroment. And 5 frames on full speed boost blaze kick? Just way too strong. I would suggest changing the gimmick, but as far as i can tell, the only bad thing about his moveset besides this is the FS. Thats my opinion.

Sorry for not replying earlier, I've been busy.

I don't think I'm going to change the gimmick other than what Shine suggested. Also, keep in mind that SSF2 runs at 30FPS so 5 frames = 10 frames. I'll admit, the moveset was originally made for SSB4, but I decided to post it here anyway. Overall the gimmick does make more sense in SSB4 than SSF2.

RagnorokX wrote:
Like lucario ... This is a bad thing in such a fast paced enviroment.

Well yeah, I made Blaziken functionally similar to Lucario. Also, are you saying Lucario doesn't belong in SSF2? Not that I agree nor disagree with you, but I'd like to know.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:55 am

Lucario would easily belong with a dampened aura affect, but at the point he is not good character until he takes damage, which makes things redundant.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:53 pm

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
to be honest, i think if lucario got in, they should abandon aura altogether, or do what project m did, minus the attack cancelling.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:58 pm

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
Crow Robot wrote:
to be honest, i think if lucario got in, they should abandon aura altogether, or do what project m did, minus the attack cancelling.

No I rather have more aura then project m Akumcario. Imo they shouldn't add lucario if they don't add the aura mech.

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

Click to expand thumbnail
kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:40 pm

maybe, but lucario would need a better gimmick than attack cancelling

Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:55 pm
 [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 46  Next