The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 2:30 am

[ 2456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 164  Next
SSF2 Online Matches 
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
sparty88 wrote:
Sora, we haven't played in ages. Safe to say my Peach practice is nonexistent. Let's change that soon.

Sure, perhaps tomorrow?

Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:56 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Miracle--7
Waifu: Not a weeb so N/A
R.I.P To this poor soul and his teammate ;~;

YouTube Video:

Attachments:
xZcHi10.png
xZcHi10.png [ 26.52 KiB | Viewed 955 times ]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJN2bI ... U4T8VXpgvA
My Youtube channel :D
Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:07 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
I would retire if that ever happened to me. Who's the poor Zhu in this one?

Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:56 pm

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
It might happened, gtta get ready for that crew battle, when was it again? This Friday? What time?

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:18 am

RemPrower wrote:
It might happened, gtta get ready for that crew battle, when was it again? This Friday? What time?

Wait, are you in TripleWreck too???

edit - GGs to knight223/3ds1234 last night! Sorry if that's you in my sig :o Not sure if you ever went Wario, though.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:47 am

MGN Username: knight223
Currently Playing: SSF2, Brave Frontier, Unison Leauge
sparty88 wrote:
RemPrower wrote:

edit - GGs to knight223/3ds1234 last night! Sorry if that's you in my sig :o Not sure if you ever went Wario, though.

Nah I don't play Wario but thanks to you I know what I need fix

Characters I barley use: Marth

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:50 pm

3ds1234 wrote:
sparty88 wrote:
RemPrower wrote:

Nah I don't play Wario but thanks to you I know what I need fix

I'm in both F2U and tripleWRECK. F2U at this time does not participate in competition. Furthermore, I wanted to be like PPStyle, where I was part of more than one crew. I will not join more than two though. I am part of each crew for different reasons. If these crews battle each other, I will recuse myself from the competition.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:07 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
GG's to Sparty. Nice set of matches.

Seriously, man. It's not lag why you're losing. Lag is actually giving more of an advantage to your rushdown style, over my style of trying to be precise and cover multiple options. The thing is, you go for very frontal, all-or-nothing, offensive approach when you want to punish my attacks. And because of lag, most times, I cannot react as accordingly to your punish as I want to, especially when you use all characters faster than Zelda. Once I realize the lag is basically going to give you momentum to catch up on the stock count, I just start abusing safe mid-range options.

In the Zelda vs. Fox case on DreamLand, you see me throw-out Fsmash with Zelda and it whiffs. You, being 3-4 character lengths outside my range, immediately want to punish (so badly), you just go for dash-attack or SH Nair. In your mind, those are the best punish options; and they are! Because those moves of Fox's are the fastest, safest if they whiff, and give a follow-up to combo if they hit. But because I've played you so much at this point, know that, pretty much, 100% of the time, when you want to punish me from mid-range, you go for those two options; so I just mash-up another Fsmash or Usmash, for it covers both options and I know you're going run into it. I also know, once conditioned, you'll try to change up the time of your punish a bit. But you almost never change from those same two options stated before. That's why I abuse the lingering hit-boxes of Zelda's smashes. And really, in the Zelda vs. Fox match-up, if I try go for any other options, you're mostly going to hit me with Nair/Dash-Attack. In most cases, those moves are too fast for Zelda to counter-attack against. With that high risk, I might as well go for the same Fsmash mash, since you keep going for the same Nair/Dash-Attack punish, every time. That's one thing you have to learn to adapt to our match-up. Learn the different ways too punish a single move. You could've did a dash air-dodge, to get pass my Fsmash, so you land behind me and could punish my backside. Or just Laser-cancel for some safe damage. I also was under a platform, so you could have did a quick jump onto the platform above me, then immediately drop down Bair behind me. Fox is quick enough to make that punish before Zelda's Fsmash ends.

Those are tips, but there really just for the one area I found you suggesting in the most. With Zelda, at least, I like to rely on her safest options most times. The ones that have no cost to me if they fail. Takes little risk, but capitalize on true openings in an opponent's defenses/mistakes.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:26 pm

GGs Zalo. Man has it been a while since I've played your Zelda.

We had a bad connection today, and I'm well aware that it affects both players. It's different with Fox, though. That last game, at least near the end, I literally couldn't do anything once you got a hit. I couldn't tech anything, so you were basically on top of me while I was bashing my keyboard. I really think you should play some Fox under those circumstances before saying the lag is helping me compared to anyone playing Zelda. I think that's sort of crazy. The simple truth is that when I'm missing inputs, it leads to a whole lot more damage than on your end, and that takes a mental toll as much as a % one throughout the match. I wouldn't use lag as an excuse when you beat my Mario or trounced my Sheik. Those are just really tough MUs that I haven't had much practice with. Nor would I say lag aided me when I beat you with Marth, who is similar to Zelda in some ways. Fox is sort of an outlier for me, and maybe it's just mental. But my approach is night and day in a good connection vs a bad one. So while I acknowledge everything that you wrote there and truly appreciate the input, I wouldn't read too much into what I was trying to do based on a connection like that. It was really bad. Not like a slowed down connection where you can still confirm stuff, but a jumpy one where I don't know exactly where my next move is going to take me. Do I play a little overzealous with Fox? Absolutely. But that is accentuated when I'm flubbing more than usual. John over :xd:. Let's play again soon. I'll try to put your advice into practice.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:58 pm

Jesus Rem your Tails is the best I've ever played. I didn't know Tails could move that fast. My hate for Tails forever grows every time I go against one.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:35 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Miracle--7
Waifu: Not a weeb so N/A
sparty88 wrote:
I would retire if that ever happened to me. Who's the poor Zhu in this one?

idk who the dude who got womboed was but his partner was Dactylion I think :3

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJN2bI ... U4T8VXpgvA
My Youtube channel :D

Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:11 pm

MGN Username: Huey
Currently Playing: Smash 4. Waiting for Beta. They better code in Bidou...
Sorry for all the sds Zalo, I'm still getting used to controller. It's an Xbox controller so it's especially weird.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:09 pm

3ds1234 wrote:
Jesus Rem your Tails is the best I've ever played. I didn't know Tails could move that fast. My hate for Tails forever grows every time I go against one.

I'm typically better than that, but we were at WarioWare. My ability there is tremendously poor, and I'm forced to use limited attacks because of what I claim is a scrunched up place.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:51 am

RemPrower wrote:
3ds1234 wrote:

I'm typically better than that, but we were at WarioWare. My ability there is tremendously poor, and I'm forced to use limited attacks because of what I claim is a scrunched up place.

Probably explains why I was able to get 2 stocks off of you

Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:39 am

That could still have happened. I have many 2-3 stock matches, but I probably have less than 10 legitimate 4stocks out of the 900 online replays I have saved.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:44 pm
 [ 2456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 164  Next