The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 9:30 pm

[ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 46  Next
"Expansion" Character Moveset Speculation 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Probably the new patch of SSF2 Beta.
Cookies wrote:
I never played Klonoa, so I cant say too much about her.

I was considering making quick and sloppy lineart animations of each of the moves before I posted the moveset, so it would be easier to tell how they work for people who've not played any Klonoa games (which is fair enough, it's not an overly well-known series), but I decided that that would take too long.

Even so, I thought I described them well enough that you'd be able to maybe picture them and how they would function in game (specifically the stun, lag and knockback). If you're having trouble picturing any moves in particular, I could try and make some animations for those.

I wasn't really looking for feedback on the moves compared to the source material, I know that well enough (I played Klonoa Heroes to completion partially for this), I just wanted to know if the character altogether sounds fairly coherent. Like, if that moveset was in SSF2, does it sound like a character you'd play?
Also, just for the record, it's a he.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:49 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Made some changes to my Hydreigon Moveset:

* New Jab
*Grabs and Throws added

Regarding the Klonoa moveset... I can see him working. Having to recover against him sounds like a nightmare considering that he can steal your jumps (this might be too strong tho), command grab you into a meteor or just flat out meteor you. I have no idea how these enemies he spawns look like, but who cares.

NAir seems to have a blind spot if the shurken is circling around Klonoa cuz it technically would be in front or in his back half the time. Is this intended?

The rest of this looks really good, nicely done! I cant really say if Id main that guy (I tend to switch this very often), but I would give him a try. Nicely done!

Whens review for my Hydreigon moveset

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Last edited by TSF|Cookies on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:49 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Probably the new patch of SSF2 Beta.
Cookies wrote:
Regarding the Klonoa moveset... I can see him working. Having to recover against him sounds like a nightmare considering that he can steal your jumps (this might be too strong tho), command grab you into a meteor or just flat out meteor you. I have no idea how these enemies he spawns look like, but who cares.

NAir seems to have a blind spot if the shurken is circling around Klonoa cuz it technically would be in front or in his back half the time. Is this intended?

The rest of this looks really good, nicely done! I cant really say if Id main that guy (I tend to switch this very often), but I would give him a try. Nicely done!

The neutral special only fires a short distance directly in front (about the same range as a normal grab, I guess) with a very small vertical hitbox (meaning it'd have to hit very directly) so it'd be pretty hard to use off-stage reliably, but for the sake of balance, I'd say that the double-jump down-throw from that move would have to be fairly weak, so that it can't kill at low percentages, and would mostly likely require you to follow it up to actually get a kill from it.

And with the Teton-throw taking away jumps, that projectile would fly perfectly horizontally and be very slow (a little slower than Samus' neutral special), making it easy to dodge if you're not already in a very awkward position. Especially since attempting to get up close and using it off-stage would result in Klonoa losing his own recovery and probably dying in the process. It'd probably also make sense for it to have a decent startup, so you can prepare for it.

For the enemies, you can basically see what they look like in the reference image box on the moveset, but they're not overly important anyway.

And on the neutral air, the spin on the shuriken would be pretty fast and close range, but I guess technically it'd be possible to hit through it if you timed it right. It would have no protection from above or below, though.

Personally, one of my favourite moves is the dash attack, since it has so many uses.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:46 am

MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
spid3y916 wrote:
mage wrote:
Indeed, when will the 1st page be updated though >.<

I know, right? Whoever's running this thread is lazy. (I'll try to update it within the week. Updating is a bit time consuming.)

@spid3y916 Here are my movesets for the front page whenever you get around to updating that XD

PMD Grovyle: viewtopic.php?f=96&t=39656&start=275

Ninten: viewtopic.php?f=96&t=39656&start=296

Blade: viewtopic.php?f=96&t=39656&start=413

Just making it a little easier :)

Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:43 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Anyone wanna review my Daisy moveset? I promise to review anyone's previous or next character in return! :p

Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:29 pm
YIM

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
Shine-chan wrote:
Anyone wanna review my Daisy moveset? I promise to review anyone's previous or next character in return! :p

I suppose ill review it with klona today as well, though i'll post my own spec ideas as well for daisy, also someone post after this today so i won't double post >.<.

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:00 pm

ok mage

Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:18 pm
YIM

MGN Username: RagnorokX
Currently Playing: ssf2, ssb4
Shine, how many times do you have to change your avatar?

Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:14 pm

Don't worry about it

Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:18 pm
YIM

MGN Username: RagnorokX
Currently Playing: ssf2, ssb4
Ok I won't.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:27 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: spid3y916
Currently Playing: SSF2
(Me an hour ago) Alright. Time to update that OP. What was the last character? Inkling, was it? What page was that? 15 Okay and now what page are we on now? 31 @%#&ing kidding me.
---------------------------------
Okay everything is updated. If you want, test the links on the OP and see if I didn't make any mistakes. I do need to remind everyone about the sourcing game and "Nintendo platform" rule. That's the reason why some movesets weren't added to the OP like OC Blade among others. Did you know that Sword Art Online doesn't have a Nintendo game? They have all been on Playstation and moblie platforms. That means Kirito and co. failed the golden SSF2 rule. That some neat to know.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:37 pm

MGN Username: Yoshiblaze
Currently Playing: Pokemon Ultra Sun, Kid Icarus: Uprising
spid3y916 wrote:
(Me an hour ago) Alright. Time to update that OP. What was the last character? Inkling, was it? What page was that? 15 Okay and now what page are we on now? 31 @%#&ing kidding me.
Okay everything is updated. If you want, test the links on the OP and see if I didn't make any mistakes. I do need to remind everyone about the sourcing game and "Nintendo platform" rule. That's the reason why some movesets weren't added to the OP like OC Blade among others. Did you know that Sword Art Online doesn't have a Nintendo game? They have all been on Playstation and moblie platforms. That means Kirito and co. failed the golden SSF2 rule. That some neat to know.

Sweet! Oh about Grovyle two things:

1. This Grovyle is specifically from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

2. That was my first revisi- actually, you can just keep that :)

Yeah that was all

(On a side note, I really need to get around to that Bandanna Waddle Dee moveset XD)

Sm4sh Main: :pit:
Brawl Main: :kirby:
Melee Main: Image
Fav Video Game Character: :yoshi:

Thunder Edge Staff Member: Head Tournament Organizer (when Thunder Edge existed)

Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:45 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: spid3y916
Currently Playing: SSF2
Got that updated.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:52 pm

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
And i made 10 of those new ones X_X
Also check out the pokemon topic, cause that video i linked, i am so making that a character, not even a question.
Also Forgot to add phoenix wright's grab and throws X_X Will go to make soon as well.
Okay time for reviews
Klonoa - Nameco character, always welcomed here, i love his pac man hat.
Normals - Like the disjoint and d-tilt, ears as weapons are fun. Also a reflecting dash attack is very useful.
Aerials - Basic aerials, loving the ears and shuriken, great combo starter and damager.
Smash Attack - Swords always provide advangtages, and the wind saber looks great. Ears again, fear the ears, spikeball d-smash would be nice since i doubt megaman will be keeping his sadly.
N-Spec grappling spec is nice, while i don't use grappling characters this move is nicely made.
S-Spec - Good tool for closing in foes.
U-Spec - Very interesting tool indeed, making it almost unpredictable and allowing mutiple ways of appoarching or damaging.
D-Spec - Nice move reminds me of kirbys hammer until smash 4.

Daisy review
Normals - Lots of fist pummeling with jabbing and f-tilt, i saw her of more of a kicking person but you're using the dress version so it works.
Smash - Attacks - Personally i like the u and d smash but she doesn't need her f-smash to be a clone, have it be something else, maybe a lunging kick.
Aerials - I like them they seem solid so i have not much to say.
Grab and Throws - They fit daisy well tbh, not much else to say.
Specials - I won't lie, i don't like the u-spec or most of the sports based moveset tbh. Tennis Racket seems more like a s-spec then basket ball whihc feels like a d-spec.
I think her at least her up-spec could be improved. here are 2 specials i had in mind i would like to see a daisy have. [Super mario land powerups yay]

U-Spec - Honestly it can be anything but i think she could have a more aggresive move. heres one i have. Wonder Flower - Daisy jumps high even in air and delivers a power tennis racket hit below with pedals spawning behind the racket, and sending a meteor tennis ball at high speeds below.

N-Spec - Superball - Daisy launches a metal looking ball that bounces but doesnt have gravity allowing it to bounce anywhere.

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:26 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
spid3y916 wrote:

Too many movesets... And almost no reviews. Meh.

Btw, Hydreigon is from Black/White Version, not X/Y.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:41 am
 [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 46  Next