The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 2:14 am

[ 2456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 164  Next
SSF2 Online Matches 

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
GG to sparty88's Mario and sorry for the little AFK.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:51 am

MGN Username: sparty88
Lunary wrote:
GG to sparty88's Mario and sorry for the little AFK.

Haha GG man! Nice Marth. No biggie on the afk. Thought you were messing with me lol.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:15 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
GG Tac3

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:22 am
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
Good Games Arsenec. Even though it was yor first day, you played like a top level player. You seriously have one of the best sheiks I've played ever (and Reimu too). I would not miss out on a chance to play you again.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:52 am

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
GG to ZZ|Z , Reimu , Jammy (REVERSE BAIR KNEE OMFG I DON'T EVEN) and Kitster for those wonderful sets. I learned so much.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:30 pm

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
omg I don't know who TheBlockIsHot34 is, but I love you
honestly have never had as much fun playing you as I have with any other player ever.
really hope I could have some way to contact you so we can just play and stuff and start a little crew or something
join the forums too if you aren't already here :0

Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:20 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
TacThree wrote:
honestly have never had as much fun playing you as I have with any other player ever.
really hope I could have some way to contact you so we can just play and stuff and start a little crew or something

I've never heard of him. Who did he play?

Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:34 pm

Sorabotics wrote:
TacThree wrote:

He had really nice sheik, but he played every character well enough to win.
can't remember who would win more, but it was close to 50/50. I think he might've won more though

EDIT: played like... 24+ games with him.

Last edited by TacThree on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Great games, man. Awesome connection too. You're definitely one of the best people I've played online so far, we have to play again sometime.

Any tips? Anything helps, but especially for Fox. I've been playing him a lot recently and think I've improved, but the way you play him is on a different level (like with the way you use Shine). Also would appreciate any advice you have for Sheik, Falcon, and whoever else we both played as.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:46 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
TheBlockisHot34 wrote:
Great games, man. Awesome connection too. You're definitely one of the best people I've played online so far, we have to play again sometime.

Any tips? Anything helps, but especially for Fox. I've been playing him a lot recently and think I've improved, but the way you play him is on a different level (like with the way you use Shine). Also would appreciate any advice you have for Sheik, Falcon, and whoever else we both played as.

Shoutouts to you too. Your naruto is actually enjoyable to play against. Not that many good narutos out there.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBM
TacThree wrote:
Sorabotics wrote:
TacThree wrote:

He had really nice sheik, but he played every character well enough to win.
can't remember who would win more, but it was close to 50/50. I think he might've won more though

EDIT: played like... 24+ games with him.

blockishot is one of my boys and a super good sparring partner

Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:51 pm

TheBlockisHot34 wrote:

my god, you're actually here
you can PM me on the forums whenever you want to play, or just add me on skype (skype info is underneath my profile picture lol)

For fox I'd say what you should refrain from doing is charging smash attacks for guarding the ledge (especially against characters like Jigglypuff who can just wait out the charge time and punish afterwards). basically, you should just try to combo into smash attacks since it's fairly easy to do with Fox. His smashes are strong, so they convert to kills a large majority of the time. also always try to be moving around. movement in general i a huge positive for passively threatening your opponent, and since fox is fast he can easily catch people off guard with a short-hop aerial out of a dash dance. I can't stress enough how important movement is.
the more you have movement down, the more comfortable you will be throwing shines into the mix.
can't really explain why I use shine and lasers (it's mostly just to fill the gap for when I'm not pressing any buttons lol)
and remember, the better you get, the better you swag out on people and win while also having loads of fun (a mentality I like to have whenever I play)

tbh, I think your sheik is way better than mine. you F-tilt way more than me and can actually combo them together and know when they do/don't combo.

Falcon is the character I love playing the most because he's just super fast an fun in general. movement is sooooo important with him it's insane. So, just getting comfortable enough to move like crazy will definitely add to your improvement. once that's down, I think you'll know what aerials and moves can combo into each other. You seem like you have a load of potential to just play super well an figure things out on your own that you'll probably not need to ask people "hey what moves can combo into what moves?" it'll just flow in over time naturally.

theceddybear wrote:
blockishot is one of my boys and a super good sparring partner

you, sir, have got yourself a good sparring partner. would definitely like to partner up with y'all some time for some games and whatnot

Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:05 pm

tW|InZane wrote:
TheBlockisHot34 wrote:

Shoutouts to you too. Your naruto is actually enjoyable to play against. Not that many good narutos out there.

Appreciate it, man. I agree, it sucks that most of the Narutos I play online have no skill and just spam s-spec and smash attacks, and as a result the character gets a lot of hate. Hopefully he doesn't get nerfed too bad.

Tac3 - Thanks for the tips. Definitely gonna keep that in mind when playing as Fox. When I was playing as Sheik, I felt like I was relying too much on using F-tilt (though it is IMO one of Sheik's most reliable moves) whereas you seemed to be doing a lot of different things.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:15 pm

MGN Username: rhythmcesar
Currently Playing: SSF2
Anyone up for some Christmas Eve matches?

MGN:rhythmcesar

8D

Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:34 am

Waifu: Yume
Bad games to 'Envy' you play Fox on Smashville so that you can cover the stage in seconds and spam dash attack to ko range. I wouldn't consider it a tactic, nor would I consider it 'skill'

Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:35 am
 [ 2456 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109 ... 164  Next