The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:48 pm

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Lloyd Irving 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Discuss Lloyd specific game-play here.

Mon May 29, 2017 1:42 pm

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
My main finally gets updated.
He's finally not a Marth-like character.
rip can't play because internet is s*** :(

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Mon May 29, 2017 8:00 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Suli Hyuga
And so it begins #FeelsGoodMan

So far it's taking me a while to adjust. His Side B feels like it has A LOT of recovery frames and you can't really dictate how it will come out. Lloyd always seems to go upwards, even when the actual move ends. That kind of means that you could end up only getting a few hits on your opponent and then you're free to punish because you're in recovery with no follow ups.

There might be some tech to cancel out the animation but so far I have nothing.

That being said I really am feeling the whole 'on-stage monster' playstyle Lloyd has now. He feels a lot more clearly defined and I hope people get involved in developing his meta, even if first impressions may not be very good.

My YouTube page! Subscribe! (Currently on hiatus)
My twitter!

Tue May 30, 2017 2:01 am

Currently Playing: UNIST
ngl i'm really not feelin this guy but i played him for a whole five minutes and i played with a keyboard. there's some stuff in those 5 minutes that really stood out to me tho and i'm like the best ssf2 player (aka mew2king) so uh here's a bunch of facts that you literally can't argue

i found jab has a pretty wack hitbox?? that blind spot feels kinda huge

not really feelin tiger blade. feels inconsistent

speaking of inconsistent tempest is pretty hilarious. found myself repeatedly failing to land the last hit.

does beast kill like ever??? landed it at 130, didn't kill waddle dee

nair feels kinda wack, feels like a bootleg cloud uair

his legs during his up smash repeatedly pushed opponents away from the hitbox, that was pretty hilarious tbqh

am i missing something??? this character feels wack

edit: nevermind, plugged in a controller, character works properly now

Tue May 30, 2017 8:47 am
YIM

MGN Username: ByeOrDie
Is it me or does his SideB not connect very well?

Tue May 30, 2017 10:39 pm

Hello.

I've been playing this game for only a few hours, choosing to play only Lloyd as he is one of my favorite characters from my favorite series.

Overall, I find him to be a lot of fun! He's extremely quick and can play both very safe and apply a lot of pressure using his super quick neutral B and aerials. His back air in particular is really good for landing kills - otherwise, it's hard to kill as Lloyd with any other move (at least from what I can tell with my limited experience). Like Kurokagami said either, nair feels a lot like Cloud's up air in Smash 4; it's a really good juggling tool. His tilts are also very good and it looks like they can be used to start and extend combos, gotta experiment with those more. Foward tilt is very strong btw.
-Tempest (side B) is a pretty decent recovery option. Although it's super quick, it has a lot of landing lag. My personal gripe with Lloyd's side B is that it puts him into free-fall when used offstage. There seems to be two versions of it, also: one that sends Lloyd far and horizontally and one that doesn't send Lloyd as far, and more vertically. I don't yet fully understand how to execute one or the other.
-I don't find myself using Tiger Blade (up B) a whole lot as it has short vertical height and it's kind of hard to land.
-Rising Falcon (down B)... I thought this was a bad move at first because it seems pretty punishable, but then I discovered you can actually use a second jump after using this move, even if you've exhausted your second jump prior to using Rising Falcon. I've come to the conclusion that Lloyd's offstage game is actually pretty good.
-Lloyd's dash attack is pretty laggy and doesn't travel very far. It does have a good amount of knockback, though.
-Lloyd's down throw is really good for followups like fair or regrabs. If the opponent jumps after being down throw, you can punish that too. I generally use forward throw and back throw to get the opponents offstage, although back throw can kill at high % near the ledge. I'm not sure if up throw is good for followups just yet, it has a lot of knockback.
-Beast (forward smash) is pretty slow and doesn't have great knockback. It has a pretty sizable hitbox and I like using it to push opponents away/get them offstage. Best used sparingly from my experience.
-Up smash is very quick and can be used to secure kills at high %. It doesn't last for very long and seems to have a small hitbox.
-Down smash is actually really good, it's a multihit with a pretty big hitbox and decent knockback.
-Finally, Sword Rain (Lloyd's jab) is really good to follow up with after a forward air or something. It's a pretty quick and good grounded move in general. I, uhh, actually kind of found something broken about Sword Rain:

Looks like you can keep on jabbing the opponent for as long as you want, and all you have to do is hold 'up' while jabbing.

Last edited by Vulpae on Wed May 31, 2017 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 31, 2017 5:14 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
^Lmao poor JosukeKun

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Wed May 31, 2017 5:23 am

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
Is SDI not a thing in Beta?

Wed May 31, 2017 2:18 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
It is. You can escape in about 3-4 hits just by holding away, faster if you mash

Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:24 am

Are you sure? I attempted to SDI when my friend tried it on me and it didn't work very well.
I should probably note that the "infinite" works best at point blank.

edit: never mind you're right. you still take a lot of %, but it's possible to SDI out of it.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:54 am

MGN Username: FluffyRuff
I something I miss using from Llyod in 9b.

His down tilt (which ever the ground quake thing is) was also a really cool move I wish was kept.

Tbh I kinda hope it would come back, but that's just me.

Practicing: :yoshi:

Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:22 pm

^ That's his Down Special, and it's one of the worst and annoying moves, who would want that?

I finally got my hands on Beta.
His moveset is so new it took me a while to get used to it.
So my thoughts about Lloyd:
He's still an onstage guy, and I like that. Tiger Blade is no different, although input lag sometimes happen and that's a problem in Beta; Tempest is a great kill move, and adds a lot to combos, however it's still dangerous to do this offstage so it might take a while for me to get used to it; Demon Fang's changes are minor but it adds a lot to combos, it can also connect to Tempest, which is nice; Rising/Diving Falcon is really good for edgeguarding, holding it on the ground takes you higher, and it doesn't drill anymore but other than that it's really no different from 0.9b.

F-Tilt is fast to come out and can connect to Sonic Rush (dash attack); U-Tilt has little difference compared to 0.9b, so I can't say anything about it; Jab is no different aside from adding Sword Rush, it's great for edge guarding; D-Tilt does a diagonal knockback so it's kinda great for connecting to F-Air.

F-Air is really no different compared to 0.9b, so nothing again; U-Air have no difference aside from animation so no talk about it again; B-Air is really different, this time it's a much better kill move than the one in 0.9b and can/can be connect/connected to/by a lot of moves; N-Air has great combo potential as well with a large hurtbox, it can connect to most of Lloyd's aerials; D-Air is pretty weird because the first hits put's the opponent downwards while the last hit brings them upwards, it's not really great for comboing although good for edgeguarding.

Side Smash is no different from 0.9b; Up Smash is also no different from 0.9b; Down Smash changed though, instead of Sword Rain it's now his D-Spec from 0.9b, though this time it doesn't bring your opponent to you (Yay! or Nooo! to some people), it's not great for killing but it connects to alot of Lloyd's move at an early percent.

Other things: I REALLY see how much love and effort they put into Lloyd! If he's facing to the right he will use the red one (haven't played alot of Tales of _____ games so I don't know what it's called) for Dash Attack, F-Air, F-Tilt, second part of Jab (Sword Rain), N-Spec (Demon Fang), and he will use the blue one for D-Tilt, U-Air, first part of Jab and Down-Smash; and vice versa in the left

Thanks devs for putting effort into Lloyd!

*sniff*

Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:59 pm

MGN Username: MGoku9
Currently Playing: SSF2, Crash Tag Team Racing, Dragon Ball Budokai 2
His dash attack is actually Sonic Thrust, and his third jab is Sword Rain.
I rly like the new Lloyd and his Down-B. Can't wait to never see him again in Online tho.

I am the base for Event #11: Laagggggg

== SSF2 ==
Flash Card #10

RIP Forums. Hope you're having a good day, though! Unless you main Marth /s.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:27 pm

Gregory Goku wrote:
and his third jab is Sword Rain.

I did say Sword Rain is the second part of the Jab, first part is the two hits.
Gregory Goku wrote:
I rly like the new Lloyd and his Down-B. Can't wait to never see him again in Online tho.

I will not miss those Down-B > Up-B > N-Air > Repeat Lloyds

*sniff*

Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:57 pm

Piggybacking here, I also am in love with the stylistic choice of Lloyd's sprite showing use of the Vorpal Sword from one angle in his attack animations and the Flamberge from the other angle. He really feels true to how he plays in Symphonia.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:26 am
 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next