The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:29 pm

[ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24  Next
Kirby 
BR Member

Dash attack is great until your opponent learns how many hits it deals. Once that point id met, they can punish it hard on shield/whiff.

RANDOM KIRBY TIPS THAT YOU PROBABLY FIGURED OUT FOR YOURSELF

Stone is actually a pretty useful tool for edge guarding certain recoveries. Once you learn when to use it and the timing, it will become both an effective and low risk edgeguarding tool. The invincibility and the falling hitbox is what makes it so good for this, making you able to strike through those really fast shoryuken type recoveries (Mario, Marth, etc.) or those with a usually really annoying upward hitbox (Ichigo, Chibi Robo, etc.) It is not always the best option (in fact its kinda situational) but just something you should really consider.

Inhale is a good if risky option for edge guarding, and on a good read can gimp many character's recoveries. For example, if you're fighting a Zelda keep in mind that you can Inhale her out of teleport's start up, which can lead to either a Kirbycide or simply carrying her to far to reliably recover if she breaks out. Yes there is a such thing as "too far" but damn if it isn't hard to get to that point. Yoshi also HATES being inhaled, in the process you will bypass his super armor double jump, eat his double jump, and carry him too low to recover. You can actually do the something similar against DK by inhaling Spinning Kong off stage. Make him regret killing you at 20%.

Like any other character, you can press A during an air dodge to catch items. The difference here is that being as floaty as Kirby gives you a pretty big field to do this with, so if you get it mastered right it can be a huge help in the Peach (and to a lesser extent Link) matchup.

For you players coming from other games, Star Shot is not a valid bailing option from a Kirbycide right now. The move is bugged and they will inevitably end up far above you, and god help you if they break out while you are trying to spit.

Grounded Hammer is basically a faster, disjointed Falcon Punch. Throwing one out at random (or baiting a whiff) is risky yet extremely rewarding. It also hits characters hanging from the ledge too. Used sparingly, this can end up being a semi-reliable and extremely potent kill option.

LEARN TO TAUNT CANCEL. While other characters can do this its only for quick little taunts, but Kirby has a practicaly use for it: he can get rid of an unwanted copy ability without being a sitting duck. Its very situational but it can be a life saver.

Don't spam final cutter. This might work on your friends but its not gonna work on high level players. That and no one will like you.

ALWAYS copy Link and Samus. You are going to need it to counteract their camping abilities. Besides, you can use those moves better than they can.

Kirby is a valid option in Falcon Punch battles.

Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:01 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
This character is pretty raw-ass. But he's not completely useless. I was beginning to think he was worst than Chibo-Robo. Overall, I think Kirby is a lesser, slower Jiggz, but he has consistent kill options and (somewhat) consistent juggles.

Final Cutter is also a good move to catch someone off guard and is surprisingly safe on whiff. But it doesn't leave Kirby in a good position if it completely misses.

It's funny though. I think I've been winning moe consistent matches with Kirby than Mario and Zelda. But I think it maybe that many have yet to learn how to fight him. Doof played awesomely today. He beat me good in the first match. Wario can out-prioritize a lot of Kirby's aerials easily. (GGs.)

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:53 pm
BR Member

Kirby really isnt raw a** tho. I just want his buggy get up stuff fixed (and inhale's mechanics)

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:47 pm

MGN Username: Wizzkidwas
Currently Playing: SSF2, Brawl....Sonic Heroes and Eternal Sonata
Where do i begin with my little puffball?
U-Tilt isn't broken or disjointed which is sad
Kirby's smashes are actually good ko moves
Hammer in Midair is good for it's decent startup
Hammer on ground is useful for edgeguarding slower recoveries (spinning kong and some 'helicopter' recoveries) as well as a punish for laggy moves
F-air combos into itself, same with u-air juggling
GOD LIKE RECOVERY (although predictable)
Stone is good for surprise attacks, but would only recommend for edgeguarding (remember that you can be grabbed out of stone)
Speaking of grabs, Kirby's pummel is fantastic, it's fast and can rack up extra percent, D-throw combos into U-air and F-air and sometimes D-air which can sometimes lead into a regrab (smash 4 woo)
D-throw has chain grab potential
COPY PEOPLE WITH PROJECTILES! It will help as Kirby doesn't have a reliable projectile, so copying Link, Samus, Chibi Robo, etc. really helps
Finally, B-air
That wall of pain is good enough to rival Jigglypuff

Almost done learning: :zelda: :sheik:
Learning: Rest of cast
My dream is to become good with every character in every smash game
(Brawl i only need to be good with Yoshi, Olimar and Sanic)

Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:14 am

MGN Username: Smash_Player
Currently Playing: SSF2 on weekends :/
I would like to request if you can add all of these megaman's Special moves. kirby seems like having onle one of his Special moves even if he has chosen crashman's, metalman's moves. I would love to see if kirby changes his special move according to megaman's current move.

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:35 pm

MGN Username: SoldierSunday
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
YouTube Video:

Heres a quick match of my kirby, i may pick this char up again lol

" You know what neither Melee nor Brawl have ? Controller input history in training mode." - 228zip, 2013

Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:56 pm

MGN Username: Wizzkidwas
Currently Playing: SSF2, Brawl....Sonic Heroes and Eternal Sonata
This thread seems to be dead soooooo
KIRBY
Kirby's air attacks all have little to no landing lag with F-air having the most, but barely any, so all of them can be good leads in grabs/follow ups when short hopped
KIRBYCIDING Inhale, F-throw, B-throw and even U-throw if you dash grab and immediately use it, ONLY USE IF YOU ARE ON THE SAME STOCK AS OPPONENT BUT ON WAY HIGHER PERCENT
Kirby's roll is THE furthest in the game, use it wisely, for surprise approaches and stuff
If someone grabs the ledge as soon as you use final cutter, you can spike them and steal the ledge

Almost done learning: :zelda: :sheik:
Learning: Rest of cast
My dream is to become good with every character in every smash game
(Brawl i only need to be good with Yoshi, Olimar and Sanic)

Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:15 am

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
Wizzkidwas wrote:
If someone grabs the ledge as soon as you use final cutter, you can spike them and steal the ledge

Or they have ledge invincibility and you lose a stock in a very avoidable manner.

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:28 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Wizzkidwas wrote:
Kirby's roll is THE furthest in the game

Actually, Samus´s Morph Ball Roll gives you the most distance, but its way slower in exchange.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:38 am

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
Gosick wrote:
Or they have ledge invincibility and you lose a stock in a very avoidable manner.

WORTH

but yeah if the foe is not dumb this can really cost you a stupid stock.

Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:26 am
BR Member

Lost so many stocks from that.

But it is very much worth.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:48 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
Has anyone done a thing on Kirbyciding options?
If not, here's my own little Kirbycide tricks. And yes, surprisingly I know what I'm talking about.

Kirrbycide has three options:
My view on each one.

F-Throw:
This is more reliable than Neutral B, and your opponent can't break out. You always win, however the setup for this is a lot harder than most of his Kirbycides, as it pretty much requires your opponent to have got up from the ledge. I believe if the opponent doesn't DI, then he can chain throw with this.

B-Throw:
Tied with F-Throw for reliability. Lots of people have noted that I play a "Chudat" style, and if you get up from the ledge and the opponent is carelessly rushing you down, a shield grab will guarantee a stock. It can follow into BAir when not Kirbyciding, but I believe the "leap" might be bigger.

Neutral-B:
Unreliable. Neutral B pops opponents above you meaning that some characters can get an easy meteor before you recover. Similarly, you usually end up below them if you spit them out. The best characters to use this on are those with bad recoveries, but even then, it's risky.

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:23 pm
BR Member

Off stage edgeguarding with inhale is actually pretty dope, especially seeing as how grab physics work in this game you don't get jumps back after being thrown/breaking out of a grab, inhale included.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:45 pm

MGN Username: WRXJoey
Currently Playing: osu!
Waifu: yes
DucKi wrote:
Off stage edgeguarding with inhale is actually pretty dope, especially seeing as how grab physics work in this game you don't get jumps back after being thrown/breaking out of a grab, inhale included.

:O

Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:31 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
DucKi wrote:

That's actually not a bad idea.
Well, the only problem is that if they break out and can meteor yo, that is a probeem, but this would be good against Fox.

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:24 pm
 [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24  Next