The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:28 pm

[ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
JB's Sprite gallery 

I've been looking for a hook reference everywhere, thanks.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:37 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
No problem pal.

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:38 pm

Currently Playing: Boi, ffxiv and dbz fighterz.
Waifu: am lonely
Steven wrote:
I think it's pretty cool how his hands bop to both sides.

I think more feet work could be involved though; check Dudley in Street Fighter for example;

[ Image ]

Just look at how lively the animation is, as opposed to your Mac idle.

"You have no dignity!"

dudley is the best street fighter

sorry, I only listen to freshest jams from the youngest leans

Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:39 pm
Site Moderator

rexos wrote:
"You have no dignity!"

dudley is the best street fighter

"Gutter trash"

Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:47 pm

If you plan to do good ol' Little Mac as an expansion, do you mind if I team up with you?

I love bein' in the expansions business, and I had a project of starting a list of plausible "official" expansion, Mac being one of them.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:08 pm

Sure thing.

Edit: For Mac's play style, I think it would be fitting if all of his attacks were punches, except for his grab which would be a "hug." I already have ideas for how his star punch mechanic would be implemented and also one other special move.

Here's how I would prefer for his Star Punch special move to work. It'd work sort of like Wario's fart move. After a certain amount of time, let's say... 15 seconds, the next attack Little Mac lands gains him a star which you can then use by pressing neutral special. However, if Little Mac takes a certain amount of damage after gaining a star, let's say... 20%, he loses a star. Every time he gains a new star the damage rule resets. It would take at least 45 seconds without any interruption to gain 3 stars, which would result in one of the most powerful attacks in the game. In a 1 minute match it would only be possible to land a single 3 Star Punch, in a 2 minute match, you could only land 2. However in a 3 minute match it'd be possible to land 4 total 3 Star Punches considering 45 secs x 4 = 180 secs = 3 minutes.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:42 pm

JB-the-Hunter wrote:
Sure thing.

Edit: For Mac's play style, I think it would be fitting if all of his attacks were punches, except for his grab which would be a "hug." I already have ideas for how his star punch mechanic would be implemented and also one other special move.

Here's how I would prefer for his Star Punch special move to work. It'd work sort of like Wario's fart move. After a certain amount of time, let's say... 15 seconds, the next attack Little Mac lands gains him a star which you can then use by pressing neutral special. However, if Little Mac takes a certain amount of damage after gaining a star, let's say... 20%, he loses a star. Every time he gains a new star the damage rule resets. It would take at least 45 seconds without any interruption to gain 3 stars, which would result in one of the most powerful attacks in the game. In a 1 minute match it would only be possible to land a single 3 Star Punch, in a 2 minute match, you could only land 2. However in a 3 minute match it'd be possible to land 4 total 3 Star Punches considering 45 secs x 4 = 180 secs = 3 minutes.
[ Image ]

Interesting mechanics. I have a moveset for him that I did for fun, lemme link to it...

http://ssf2expansions.motionforum.net/t ... read#84223

Here, it's the tab called Little Mac.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:25 pm

Kiddragon wrote:
JB-the-Hunter wrote:
Sure thing.

[ Image ]

Interesting mechanics. I have a moveset for him that I did for fun, lemme link to it...

http://ssf2expansions.motionforum.net/t ... read#84223

Here, it's the tab called Little Mac.

Looks good. My ideas aren't exactly the same, but they are similar in general. I'll try to merge them together and see what I can come up with.

Your playstyle description is absolutely spot on though. Exactly what Mac baby should play like.

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:36 pm

What is your moveset idea?

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Kiddragon wrote:
What is your moveset idea?

Well I already talked about the Star Punch, I feel like that needs to be his neutral special. Using it as a recovery move lessens the impact IMO. That's got to be his go to special/mechanic. Your side special sounds good to me. I'd merge the counter and dizzy move into one. When you press down special Mac dodges/steps back and if you press the special button again he steps forward and knocks the opponent upside the head. If you press the attack button after Mac steps back he punches the opponent in their "weak spot" instead, causing a lot of damage but no knockback. For the up special Max leaps up in the air then comes back down with an overhead punch. His Final Smash is the hardest thing for me to think of. Yours sounds good.

Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:56 am

Sprited a couple of of my favorite Sugar Rush karts. More to come including the actual racers, more karts, and even OC's.
ImageImage

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:45 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Ooh nice. I saw a tutorial on isometric circles once, I'll see if I can find it, it would probably help quite a bit with the wheels.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:10 pm

cool.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Hey guys I haven't posted here in a while but I'm currently working on more Marvel sprites and will post them here soon.

Wed May 08, 2013 3:32 pm
Site Moderator

I was already starting to wonder where you went. Good to have you back!

Wed May 08, 2013 3:54 pm
 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next