The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:58 am

Forum rules

IMPORTANT

This Forum is for Flash related questions ONLY! Do not ask questions about spriting, Game Maker, Photoshop, or anything else not related to Flash.

[ 13 posts ] 
help me !!!! 

Currently Playing: Smash Bro.s Brawl, Final fantansy Crisis core, Sonic adventure 2 battle, fire emblem shadow dragon, kingdom hearts 2
hello, could some one specifically tell me how i can make a flash game like ssf2 i have to admit though im a total noob at this soo plz dont make funn of me if i dont understand.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:54 pm

You could try looking up flash tutorials in google.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Currently Playing: Smash Bro.s Brawl, Final fantansy Crisis core, Sonic adventure 2 battle, fire emblem shadow dragon, kingdom hearts 2
:cry: ive tryed that and my pateince is running thin do u have tutorials? :smile:

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Please keep in mind that it is a very gut wrenching proccess and can take several years of experience. Patience is the key to success and if you don't keep your cool you won't go very far, so please start simple and work your way up. Lastly, trust me when I say this, you will NEVER get a nicer response then this.
http://www.emanueleferonato.com/2007/07 ... sh-step-1/
If you skip so much of a WORD you will fail, you must be diligent and persistent, and don't expect anyone to do it for you.

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:04 pm

thanks a lot :D

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:09 pm

No problem, and good luck with your game =]

Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Wish You Were Here wrote:
Please keep in mind that it is a very gut wrenching proccess and can take several years of experience. Patience is the key to success and if you don't keep your cool you won't go very far, so please start simple and work your way up. Lastly, trust me when I say this, you will NEVER get a nicer response then this.
http://www.emanueleferonato.com/2007/07 ... sh-step-1/
If you skip so much of a WORD you will fail, you must be diligent and persistent, and don't expect anyone to do it for you.

Emanuele Feronato!!!

If you are new to making games, there are many game engines and libraries.
You could try Flixel or FlashPunk for flash games, and 001 action/RPG maker, Game Maker, Eclipse Origins or RPG Maker for more specific kinds of games.
I don't know if Mugen is hard to use, but well, it is made for fighting games.

Of course if you have no idea how this stuff works, it will take time, but if I were you I'd use Flixel, it is made for beginners. There are plenty of videos for most of these programs, tutorials, and sites for information/questions.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:22 pm

good idea thz :)

Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:04 pm

crisiscore wrote:
hello, could some one specifically tell me how i can make a flash game like ssf2 i have to admit though im a total noob at this soo plz dont make funn of me if i dont understand.

You need to learn the basics. Do what Green said. Try to learn and get used to the interface and scripting of Game maker and other programs. Then try to learn C++ and/or Java (I highly recommend C++). When you're done with those, then try to learn ActionScript. If you got all those down, you can finally code in a SSF2 game i suppose

And remember, patience is key... So don't rush down these steps too quickly... Read and understand each interface clearly... No skimming down the lines

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:57 am

Michael M wrote:
You need to learn the basics. Do what Green said. Try to learn and get used to the interface and scripting of Game maker and other programs. Then try to learn C++ and/or Java (I highly recommend C++). When you're done with those, then try to learn ActionScript. If you got all those down, you can finally code in a SSF2 game i suppose

And remember, patience is key... So don't rush down these steps too quickly... Read and understand each interface clearly... No skimming down the lines

Yeah, make simple games first, try to create versions of old games (arcade games), and keep reading tutorials and stuff about how to code and to use those programs, then start experimenting with something new, after you have made some games and played them, and played with new features you hadn't used before, you'll get more experienced and will be able to make more complex games.

Unfortunately, it is not magic and it takes some time to learn, because some people have great ideas but cannot make them real.
If there was magic, some good games/cartoons/movies/whatever would be created... (but many bad ones too!).

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Guys... what are you doing? This guy asked specifically how to make a game like SSF2 - I gave him the best possible tutorial. He doesn't need to have a 3 year plan, and i'm p. sure hes long gone off this site by now anyways.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Wish You Were Here wrote:
Guys... what are you doing? This guy asked specifically how to make a game like SSF2 - I gave him the best possible tutorial. He doesn't need to have a 3 year plan, and i'm p. sure hes long gone off this site by now anyways.

It is a good tuto indeed, but eventually he will want to make something else.
"A game like SSF2" is a vague question, it could be a Smash game, a fighting game in general, or simply a good game (inb4SSFsuckzorslol).

We were just giving him some advice, so he will be... hm... a happier game developer, ... ?
We tried to reexplain and reinforce what you said, to assure he will get it.

Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:04 pm

G0L3M‼ wrote:
good luck with your game =]
thanks

Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:11 am
 [ 13 posts ]