The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:21 pm

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
My top 10 favourite people of African American descent 
Site Moderator

do you guys like playboi carti

Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:20 am

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
☻Danny☻ wrote:
Daytona was pretty slick! Gotta love Pusha's old school esque flow and delivery. The Games We Play, Come Back Baby and What Would Meek Do? are my personal faves. Infrared is a pretty neat diss track too (later Drake)

What are your thoughts on Kanye's new productions Deph (and also Scott once you've listened to the others)?

Sorry for late reply. Glad you liked Daytona! The beef was such a little blessing, Drake put up a good fight but he got f*** murdered, and I'm glad Pusha's getting this exposure to younger listeners that he deserves. Man is a legend and he's still got it.

Also I get X's appeal and it sucks someone died so young but gotta say I hated his music.

I'm absolutely loving Ye and getting really good mileage out of it so far. Yikes, Wouldn't Leave, Ghost Town (personal favorites), No Mistakes, and to an extent, I Thought About Killing You I enjoy quite a bit. All Mine is pretty annoying tbh and one of my least favorite tracks he's ever done. The "chop up the SOUL" Kanye was quite present this project, but it's also one of his most personal. No high concepts this time, just an album about his relationships and his feelings. That being said, I can't say I'm too big on how short it is. He touches on all some interesting themes but there's more exploration I wanted to see, so I'd have to put it in the bottom tiers of his discography.

Kids See Ghosts is gorgeous. Coming from someone who doesn't really care for Cudi, I thought he was in rare form here. I found just about every track enjoyable in some way or another, but favorites would be Feel the Love (GRATATAT), 4th Dimension, Cudi Montage, and the title track. Seriously such cool touches and samples going on everywhere, exactly what I'd expect from a kind of psychedelic Ye album. Also Cudi actually sings and his humming is implemented well throughout.

Daytona is tight tight tight. 21 minutes of no nonsense old-school gangsta rap over some COLD beats. Pusha is easily one of my favorite rappers but god damn the dude just doesn't let up. Well worth the wait. Favorite tracks would be If You Know You Know, Games We Play, Come Back Baby, Santeria (beat switch near the end is amazing), What Would Meek Do, and Infrared. Too bad he'll take another 2-3 years to put out a project.

Nasir is kind of neat. I like some tracks but I'm pretty disappointed. Nas has no bite here, and while his flow and lyrics are pretty decent, the dude isn't bringing his A-game. Kanye's production sounds neat and it really wins me over on a lot of tracks but I really don't see the chemistry here between the two that makes KSG such an engaging listen. I absolutely adore everything (the track), admittedly because of the Ye and Dream duet, not so much the weird as f*** vaccination stance Nas is rapping about? Other favorites would be Adam and Eve, Cops Shot the Kid, and maybe White Label I'd have to go through them again honestly.

It's very close but I'd have to say Kids See Ghosts > Daytona > Ye > Nasir

I'd also like to say that 070 Shake is an interesting, enjoyable new artist.

Scott wrote:
i thought kids see ghosts was alright. agree with reborn being the best track. that’s the only new Kanye thing I’ve listened to so far

Can definitely recommend Daytona

esper wrote:

I hear his new album is pretty good, but I don't know if I want 50+ minutes of Carti honestly. Any tracks you recommend off it so I can trim the fat?

Last edited by Dephius on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:56 am

Oh and as long as we're talking music:

Slacking this year on new releases but school is kind of rough. Got a lot more free time now though if anyone has any extraordinary albums they'd recommend I'll prob get to em eventually.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:00 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Dephius wrote:
Also I get X's appeal and it sucks someone died so young but gotta say I hated his music.

Same tbh, I only remember liking like two of his songs, and those were ones where he broke away from his usual style
Dephius wrote:
It's very close but I'd have to say Kids See Ghosts > Daytona > Ye > Nasir

That would be exactly my order as well. Specifically, Kids See Ghosts = 10, Daytona = 9, Ye = 8, Nasir = 6.5

Also is that thing where you use them tables (like the one you did above) a website? Or is it Microsoft Excel (either way I need to a platform to keep track of the stuff I've listened to)?
esper wrote:
Haven't listened to him yet; I have ALOT of catching up to do in terms of the modern rap scene (at least 2 years worth).
If there's a good introductory album to the guy you can recommend I'll gladly give it a listen

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:19 pm

It's just an excel spreadsheet I made for 2017 and am re-purposing, I can send the format if you'd like

Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:31 pm

That'd be nice, thank you

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:11 pm

MGN Username: cleanzgamer
Currently Playing: with a knife
Waifu: Escabeche
ik this thread is dead but can i say i f*** HATED K.O.D.

atm is literally the most boring "banger" i've ever heard
only like 2-4 tracks (on a 10 track album excluding the intro and interlude) are ON TOPIC
all the track that ARE on topic are boring asf
the track that AREN'T are EVEN WORSE because they're basically FILLER
1985 is probably the best track and its a 3.5/5 at best for me
i do have to say tho his intro is a GODSEND on this album (it still isnt a track to me)

K.O.D. is definitely a 3/10 to me

my pfp if anyone asks:https://i.redd.it/hvm4xpjy1vf11.jpgyeah im a lazy normie whatever

Add me on Discord! If you want! I'm not really that active! @[BP] Krismic#4733

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:42 pm

MGN Username: cleanzgamer
Currently Playing: with a knife
Waifu: Escabeche
also, i know i just ranted about j cole but what are your thoughts on denzel curry's taboo?

my pfp if anyone asks:https://i.redd.it/hvm4xpjy1vf11.jpgyeah im a lazy normie whatever

Add me on Discord! If you want! I'm not really that active! @[BP] Krismic#4733

Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:43 pm

J. Cole is kinda dull I agree. I think he's a decent lyricist, just that his voice isn't very distinctive

Haven't listened to Taboo yet, will do once exam prep is done and dusted

Pochiman wrote:

Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:53 pm

ThatOne wrote:
ik this thread is dead but can i say i f*** HATED K.O.D.

atm is literally the most boring "banger" i've ever heard
only like 2-4 tracks (on a 10 track album excluding the intro and interlude) are ON TOPIC
all the track that ARE on topic are boring asf
the track that AREN'T are EVEN WORSE because they're basically FILLER
1985 is probably the best track and its a 3.5/5 at best for me
i do have to say tho his intro is a GODSEND on this album (it still isnt a track to me)

K.O.D. is definitely a 3/10 to me

MOTIVATE (MOTIVATE)
MOTIVATE (MOTIVATE)
MOTIVATE (MOTIVATE)
GET MONEY

It's been a few months since I heard it but I dunno I didn't think it was bad, just okay. 2-3 tracks still in rotation. J. Cole has this annoying holier-than-thou attitude that makes it a bit difficult for me to get behind his music but I think he's a solid producer and serviceable rapper (generally).

☻Danny☻ wrote:
J. Cole is kinda dull I agree. I think he's a decent lyricist, just that his voice isn't very distinctive

Haven't listened to Taboo yet, will do once exam prep is done and dusted

Taboo is gold. Easily in my top 5 rap albums of the year. It has one or two issues with it's concept (3 acts if you didn't already know) but the versatility he shows on that album really give it character.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:12 pm

Waifu: I'm married
serviceable lol dephius i am disappoint

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:46 am
YIM WWW
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2