The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 8:09 pm

[ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 46  Next
"Expansion" Character Moveset Speculation 

MGN Username: gamingmage
Currently Playing: ao2
When did birdo have purses and selfies, i haven't been playing all the mario games, but is this really what birdo is nowadays?

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)
Mains: :blackmage: :ichigo:
Secondaries: :sora: :chibirobo:
Awesome Images in Sig and avatar made by Ssf2 Dev Steven :)

Click to expand thumbnail
kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:02 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Swagger Birdo? I can already taste the extended salt :wee:

Movesetwise it looks really good and I can see her working with this, altough imagining Birdo doing a Sefie and having a cellphone is kinda odd... Then again, she doesnt have too much source material. All I remember is her small battle in Superstar Saga... Ahem. Sorry my review is so short, but I know next to none about Birdo :sweat:

My promised Maxwell moveset has to wait never let little kids at your PC so I figured I might as well do another one as a switch-in. Its a Pokémon yet again, and its the Dragon of Nightmares:

HYDREIGON

(no palettes cuz Im a scrub)

Hydreigon is a Dragon|Dark Type from the Unova region, and many new players saw it the first time in the fight against Ghetsis where it usually raped the team of an unsuspecting player. Hydreigon is pain in the a** in the main series due to its huge movepool, great offense, good speed and decent defense, making it an overall tough opponent. Hydreigon also plays an important role in the lastest Pokémon Mystery Dungeon title, but I wont go any further to avoid spoilers. In Smash, Hydreigon is a fast, aggressive fighter that possesses a great mobility, great pressure options, high combo potential, disjoints, good kill power and a projectile. However, he is quite suspectible to combos and somewhat lacks recovery. Some of his moves are also quite laggy, leaving the Dragon open for counterattacks.

General Stuff:

Size: DKs size (only via hovering), but not nearly as wide.
Entrance: Gets out of a Luxury Ball and hovers a bit over the ground.
Weight: 100, same as Mario.
Falling speed: Similar to :captainfalcon:
Ground speed: Walk speed is the fastest in the game. Dashing speed falls 3rd behind the Captain.
Air speed: Pretty high, but lacks mobility in exchange.

Moveset:

Jab: Tri Attack - Hydreigon fires beams with its three heads: Fire in the main head, Thunder in the right one and Ice for the left head. The three beams then unite to form a multicolored (ok, only red, blue, yellow) triangle-shaped projectile (think SSB4 MM Lemons). Can be used up to three times in a row. Every hit has an added effect to it chosen by RNG. Ice temporarily freezes the opponent in a solid ice cube, Thunder paralyzes them for massive hitstun and Fire leaves a burn on the victim. Burned foes take 1% per second for the next 10 seconds. Getting hit with a water attack will heal the burn instantly. Frozen foes cannot be burned, and getting the fire effect on a frozen foe thaws them instantly with no brun or damage dealt. Damage for the projectile itself is 4% regardless of effect.

FTilt: Double Hit - Delivers two headbutts with the heads at its arms. Awesome combo setup. Cant kill. 4% per hit, 8% in total.

UTilt: Headbutt - Guess what this is :P Great juggler. Can combo into itself at low % and is an excellent kill setup at higher damage. 9% per hit.

DTilt: Aqua Tail - Does a whip with the tail. Hits low on the ground and meteors. Has water effects and a splash sound on hit. Great range. 8% per hit.

Dash Attack: Tackle - The most basic move of them all. Hydreigon charges forward, negating his momentum afterwards and sending foes behind it. Kills at 170%. 7% per hit.

FSmash: Dragon Rush - Hydreigon boosts forward (about 1/8 of FD if uncharged, 1/5 if fully charged) and strikes opponents that are dumb enough to stand in the way. Low startup, and relatively small endlag endlag. Good combo finisher. Hydreigon covers almost the whole ledge with this move. 13%-21% per hit.

USmash: Elemantal Fang - Hydreigon does three upwards bites with its three heads. The first hit (left head) is Ice Fang, the second one is Thunder Fang (right head) and the last bite (which head is left?) is Fire Fang. Ice Fang and Thunder Fang stun the foe, Fire Fang does the actual KB. Imagine Pikachus USmash if it was multihit and with Fox USmash startup. It is possible to escape the final hit with low damage, but this gets nigh impossible with more %. Ice Fang and Thunder Fang deal 4% each regardless of charge, and Fire Fangs damage output is between 10-19%. Insane kill power, but the endlag is just as high. Dont whiff this or it WILL hurt. Great OoS option as well.

DSmash: Earth Power - Creates two pillars of fire next to it, one per side each. Has a set distance from Hydreigon, and the pillars grow both horizontally and vertically with charge. Yet another potent kill move, taking out foes reliably at the 105% mark. Can be absorbed and pocketed. Releasing a pillar from the pocket will cause it to fire up from inside the new user. Pillars are multihit and deal 13-22% per hit.

Nair: Acrobatics - Hydreigon spins mid-air multiple times and hits its foes. Basically Fox´s Nair. 9% per hit, 3% if sourspotted.

Fair: Steel Head Wing - The Dragon hits forward with one of its "armheads". Great range and is a really good combo tool, can be used to start and extend strings. 9% per hit. Kills reliably at 450%. (Fair OP plz nerf)

Bair: Dragon Tail - A swift tailstrike and disjoint. The move covers Hydreigons whole backside, but has noticalbe endlag on it. Gets stronger the closer the hitting part of the tail is to the trunk. This means that hitting with the tip of the tail is rather weak. 15% if at the trunk, 9% in the middle and 4% at the tip. Trunk hit is great for killing foes. Great combo finisher. RAR makes this scary. Kills at about 100%.

UAir: Head Smash - Hydreigon performs yet another headbutt to hit foes above him. This move has a bit startup, but hits REALLY hard in exchange. Strongest UAir in the game. 16% per hit, but deals 8% recoil damage if it succeeds. Use with caution.

Dair: Iron Tail - Hydreigon slams its tail downwards with brute force. Is slow in startup, but is a fully fledged spike. Can KO grounded foes at about 120%. Quite laggy afterwards.

Neutral B: Dragon Pulse - Hydreigon fires a small beam forwards. This move is great for finishing combos as it takes out foes at the 90% mark if close to the blast zone. Insanely fast, but using this offstage is risky due to its relatively high endlag. Does 10% per hit. Does not stale. Beam covers 1/6 of FD.

Side B: Surf - Didnt expect this one, did ya? Comparable to the Piplup Pokéball in Brawl. Hydreigon surfs forward on a big wave of water, carrying goes with him until the wave crashes, leaving the Dragon helpless. Multihit, last hit has decent horizontal kill power if used on the ground (netting the kill at 125%), meteors midair. Covers 1/4 of FD and is not affected by gravity. 1% per hit, 6% for the last hit.

Up B: Fly - Prolly the most obvious recovery for a Dragon. The hydra spreads its wings and starts flying at slow speed. Comparable to R.O.B.s recovery. Hydreigon can fly for 1.5 seconds at max without touching the ground or grabbing ledge. Has no hitbox on it, but can be act out of. However, this cancels the flight. Hydreigon enters special fall after this, but can grab ledge while rising. Very telegraphed recovery and easily punished. Goes about as far as Surf.

Down B: Dark Pulse - Hydreigon flaps its wings to create a shockwave of dark energy. Fast, but lacks range. Can be used to end combos with moderate kill power. Especially effective if you take foes offstage and hit them with this move. Can be used mid-air. 10% per hit.

Grab: Bite - Hydreigon, well, bites forwards in an attempt to grab his foe. Seriously, what did you expect after that name? Brawl Charizards Grab with a reskin.

Pummel: Crunch - Mercilessy crushes the foe under its jaw. Hella slow, but 5% damage is definetly outstanding.

FThrow: Superpower - A flurry of "punches" with the heads on the Hydras arms knocks the victim away. 9%. Cant really kill until 200%. However, great for setting up edgeguards or throwing foes out of their recovery range.
BThrow: Stone Edge - Hydreigon summons pointy rocks from the ground and shoots them at his victim. Multihit. 2% per rock, eight rocks in total. Great kill throw at 125%+.
UThrow: Heatwave - A flap of the wings causes massive heat to cover the foe. 6% and set KB for combo setups. Leaves the foe covered in soot similar to :ness: entrance until the move ends and the soot flies off and disappears.
DThrow: Dragon Breath - You know how this move looks like, am I rite? Hydreigon covers his foes in blue fire, causing them to lay on the floor flat kinda like MMs old DThrow. Great for setting up techchases. If used at the very edge, this move is a strong meteor. Techable, but foes will always get send to Hydreigons front first. 6% per use.

Final Smash: Draco Meteor - Hydreigon flies to the middle of the screen and summons meteors crashing onto the stage. Meteors are as big as a fully charged :blackmage: Meteo and go through terrain. Lasts 20 seconds. 25% per hit.

Taunt 1: Hydreigon screeches and does a backflip.
Taunt 2: The three heads start munching thin air. 1% hitbox on it that kills at Sudden Death Percents and is a weak semi-spike.
Taunt 3: Hydreigon slams onto the ground, crating a shockwave with no hitbox.

Winning Animation: Crashlands and fires a Dragon Pulse at the screen.
Fanfare: Wild Pokémon Captured! from B/W 1.
Loses: Stomps the ground in frustration.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Last edited by TSF|Cookies on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:18 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
I'm surprised Tri Attack wasn't included on this moveset.
Maybe have it as the jab?

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:22 pm

MGN Username: RagnorokX
Currently Playing: ssf2, ssb4
BIRDO! I'll have to call 911 if you twerk people to the ground you know!

Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:43 pm

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
Hm, I think Sonic's F-Smash should be Sonic Flare...

Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:23 pm

-_- this isn't the custom moveset speculation, also what is a sonic flare? If you are going to post a moveset here make more then one move, and this is a speculation for expansion characters, go to the sonic thread to talk about your "Sonic Flares"

Discord ID: #6110 (If you want to question something about me more quickly then on the forums, or if you have beef with me)

kb wrote:
Seriously, stop &$^#ing harassing me. I'm not some Terrible Evil Overlord Of The Forums you have to vanquish or anything like that.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:27 pm

Obey Mage as he is right.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:29 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Probably the new patch of SSF2 Beta.
I'm assuming nobody talked about my Klonoa moveset because they've never played one of their games, but I mostly want to know if the moves sound like they'd work together, or if I'm just dumb.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:07 pm

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
Klonoa?

Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:10 pm

Refurin wrote:
I'm assuming nobody talked about my Klonoa moveset because they've never played one of their games, but I mostly want to know if the moves sound like they'd work together, or if I'm just dumb.

I never played his games, but i know he is namco. I'll get around to reviewing his moveset this week i suppose.

kb wrote:

Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:15 pm

I'm working on movesets for all of the eeveelutions here:http://smashboards.com/threads/eeveelutions.417365/. It would be better if you left comments on smashboards, but if you don't have an account, just respond here.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:25 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
RagnorokX wrote:
I'm working on movesets for all of the eeveelutions here:http://smashboards.com/threads/eeveelutions.417365/. It would be better if you left comments on smashboards, but if you don't have an account, just respond here.

viewtopic.php?f=96&t=39656&start=285
lol feel free to borrow any ideas

Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:32 pm
YIM

LOL thanks. Now to work on another project.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:54 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Yoshi'sWoolyWorld wrote:
I'm surprised Tri Attack wasn't included on this moveset.
Maybe have it as the jab?

I have no idea how Id implement that. Similar to the elemental fangs?

Refurin wrote:

I never played Klonoa, so I cant say too much about her.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:46 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Re-Revamping Daisy's moveset based on Godot's review. Mainly I revamped her smash attacks, aerials, specials, palettes, and added Misc. #Daisy4SSF2
Any identical or similar aspects of Peach are based off of Peach's Beta incarnation.
"Hi I'm Daisy!"
Palette Swaps: show

Princess Daisy arrives on the SSF2 Scene as an independent fighter! Fighting alongside Luigi after being benched under Peach's shadow. Daisy is a tomboy, and a sportier version of Peach. Her special moves are based off of the various sports spin-offs in the Mario Universe. Such as Power Tennis, Hoops 3-on-3, Super Strikers, and Olympic Games!

Daisy's one of the most vocal characters in SSF2. Using an array of her energetic voice clips from Mario Kart 8! During her taunts, winning screen, and she even shouts some phrases mid-battle.
YouTube Video:

Daisy can not float! Daisy shares Peach's giant jump height and has an above average air speed and is also much faster on the ground than her pink counterpart. She's essentially a mix of Peach and Captain Falcon. Being able to combo from all over the stage, having an effective air and ground game.

Stats
Weight: 90
Height: Tall
Dash Speed: Fast
Air Speed: Above Average
Shorthop Height: Half of initial jump
Initial Jump Height: Average
Double Jump: High(same as Peach's except Daisy rises faster into to the air and can't DJC.)

Standard Attacks
Jab1: Left Hook
Damage: 3%
Knockback: Low
Range: Short
Description: A good ol' left hook.

Jab2: Right Uppercut
Damage: 4%
Knockback: Medium
Description: A good ol' uppercut to complete the one-two punch combo. Due to being an uppercut it sends opponents at a verticle angle making it superb for starting combos on the fly.

Forward Tilt: Spinning Backfist
Damage: 11%
Range: Medium
Description: Daisy spins around and delivers a quick backfist. Despite it's lackluster range it's pretty fast.

Up Tilt: Crown Bash
Damage: 12%
Description: Basically the same as Peach's Melee Up Tilt. Daisy hops in place while delivering a headbutt. A good tool for extending air combos. It's also very fast.

Down Tilt: Low Kick
Damage: 9%
Description: Similar to Zelda's dtilt, Daisy kicks the ground infront of her. It doesn't meteor smash opponents, only pops them into the air. A short ranged but fast tilt. Decent for poking and can lead to followups!

Dash Attack: Base Steal
Damage: 10% majority hitbox, 7% late
Range: Long
Description: Similar to Mario's dash attack. Daisy slides across the ground as if she were playing baseball. Has a lingering hitbox that pops opponents into the air.

Smash Attacks
Side Smash: Fore!
Damage: 12% uncharged, 18% fully charged
Knockback: High
Description: Similar to Peach's Side Smash except Daisy exclusively uses the golf club. In dedication to Mario Golf Tour. Daisy's golf club shares the same traits as Peach's Golf club.

Up Smash: Crown Thrust
Damage: 16% sweetspot/21% fully charged, 8% sourspot/13% fully charged
Knockback: High, Low
Range: Long vertically
Description: Very similar looking to Peach's Up Smash.
Daisy grabs her crown, whilst twirling in place she thrusts her crown upwards. Daisy's Up Smash has a distinct sweet and sourspot. The sweetspot is located on the crown while the rest of the hitbox is sour. Has a smidge taller hitbox than Peach's Usmash.

Down Smash: Whirling Dress
Damage: 13% uncharged, 19% fully charged
Description: Similar looking to Peach's down smash, except Daisy only spins her dress once rather than causing a multi-hit effect. It also sends opponents at a diagnol angle, ironic to Peach's down smash. Can kill diagnolly/off the top around 135%.

Aerials
Neutral Air: Twirl
Description: Similar looking to Peach's neutral air. Except it only has one hitbox, the hitbox also terminates much faster than Peach's. It's still an amazing combo tool.

Forward Air: Double Dress Kick
Damage: 12%, 6% per hit.
Description: Daisy spins midair twice, kicking her legs with each spin. Due to wearing a dress Daisy can't lift her legs too high causing Daisy's forward air to hit at a lower angle. Good for comboing, approaching, zoning, etc.

Back Air: Crown Slash
Damage: 13%
Description: Daisy spins backwards while taking off her crown. She quickly slashes her crown behind her. Unlike Peach's Forward Air Daisy's Back Air doesn't cover an arc, giving it a slim horizontal hitbox. A strong finisher, can KO around 120%.

Up Air: Crown Headbutt
Damage: 11%
Description: Similar to DK's Uair Daisy co.cks her head back and delivers a hefty aerial headbutt. Good for juggling the opponent and overall comboing.

Down Air: Elegant Stomp
Damage: 14% early, 7% late,
Knockback: High, Low
Description: Daisy elegantly lifts her dress just above her shins. Delivering a powerful stomp with her right heel. If hit early it will meteor smash the opponent, if hit late it has very weak downwards knockback. The hitbox only covers Daisy from the waist down.

Specials
Neutral Special: Strikers Charge
Damage: 5% uncharged, 15% fully charged.
Knockback: Low-High
Description: A soccerball appears at Daisy's feet. She winds her leg backwards getting ready to kick the soccerball. A chargeable projectile. When Daisy kicks an uncharged soccerball it travels at an average speed rolling along the ground. Fully charged it becomes covered in fire after Daisy kicks it and travels decently fast and rises a bit into the air. It's hitboxes are relatively smaller than most chargeable neutral specials.

Down Special: Return
Damage: 10%
Description: Daisy takes out a tennis racket and swings it underhand. It reflects projectiles, and boosts the power of projectiles by 1.3×. It can also be used offensively to wack opponents away. Has slightly more shield knockback than average moves.

Up Special: Acrobatic Flip
Damage: 12% early, 9% late
Knockback: Medium, Low
Attack Range: Long
Recovery Range: Medium
Description: Similar to ZSS's SSB4 Flip Jump.
Daisy does a series of front flips to rise midair. Daisy can control the trajectory of her jump by holding backwards to travel in a taller arc or forwards for more horizontal distance at the cost of vertical height. Once Daisy reaches the apex of her jump she can cancel Acrobatic Flip into an aerial, airdodge, special, etc. Acrobatic Flip has invincibility frames on the start of the move.
If the Daisy player uses up special again or holds it throughout the jump Daisy will deliver a dropkick. The dropkick has long range as Daisy thrusts her legs forward. Can KO offstage, but beware as it has long recovery and landing lag.

Side Special: Slam Dunk
Damage: 15%
Daisy will do a short leap into the air while holding a basketball and come flying downwards slam dunk ut. This move has a meteor smash effect.
On a succesful hit a small yellow explosion resembeling a basketball net will emit from the contant. Daisy then leaps backwards away from the opponent. The basketball falls to the bottom blastline.
Slam Dunk when used midair and offstage or if Daisy jump over a ledge, will cause Daisy to SD if she doesn't land on a surface.

Grab & Throws
Grab: Grapple
Range: Average
Description: Daisy uses both her hands to grab onto the opponent.

Pummel: Gut Punch
Damage: 3%
Description: A slower pummel, but deals a solid 3%.

Forward Throw: Princess Punch
Damage: 13%
Description: Daisy delivers a fierce uppercut to her opponent. Can kill off the top or corner blast line above 130%.

Back Throw: Suplex
Damage: 12%
Description: Daisy wraps her arms around the opponent and bend over backwards to slam them into the ground  Can't really kill but can possibly throw an opponent out of their recovery range at high percents.

Up Throw: Gut Poke
Description: Daisy throws her opponent overhDro and jabs them in tbe stomach. Basically the same as Peach's up throw.

Down Throw: Elbow Drop
Damage: 10%
Description: Daisy throws her opponent on the ground and elbow slams them. A mediocre throw for combos and tech-chasing.

Final Smash
Flower Power
Damage: 20% per explosion
Description: Daisy jumps to the center of the stage of hovers midair. She creates a gauntlet of flower petals. She then conjures spheres of flowers, she holds them infront of her and punches them with mighty force. The spheres explode in contact with the stage or an opponent. The Daisy player can aim the flower spheres.

Misc.
Entrance: Daisy drives onto the stage in a go kart. She hops out while saying "Hi I'm Daisy!"

Taunt1: Daisy does a little cheer and yells "Yahoo!"

Taunt2: Daisy jumps for joy and shouts "I LOVE IT!"

Taunt3: Daisy gently sniffs a daisy.

Winning Screen: Daisy does a victory pose and shouts "Aha-Awesome!"

Last edited by Shine-chan on Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:54 am
YIM
 [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 46  Next