The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 11:01 am

[ 425 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
Wario 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Discuss Wario specific gameplay here.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:18 am

MGN Username: Mariosforehead
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2, Halo, Classic Nintendo Games, or Fallout New Vegas/Skyrim
Alright when I tried out Wario he does feel alot faster and smoother compared to his last version. I haven't seen any other noticeable tweaks so far.

MGN: mariosforehead
Forehead will consume you!
SSF2 Mains: Mario, Bomberman, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Wario
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Mariosforehead1

Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:41 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, LOZ:PH, Pokemon Showdown!.
I agree, but more ideas should be passed on. (As well as previous techniques that still work)

ImageImage

Link!

Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:37 am
YIM

Currently Playing: Mario and Luigi: Dream Team; SSF2; Mega Man II, Project M
Is it just me, or does Waft take longer to charge in this demo? I waited about a minute between two Wafts and it didn't seem to be charged yet.

SSF2 Online Hitlist: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lU38_PwQ3UcEGLNfA8wdNNj6CSWZNl75Y09n1wL4pGg

Check out my twitter: https://twitter.com/CodeBlueSmash

Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:03 pm

Currently Playing: L4D2, SSF2
Side-B is probably my new most hated move in the entire game.
The fact that the CPu smams this 24/7 doesn't help

No DI - A SSF2 v0.9a Combo Video :
YouTube Video:

FALCON...PUUUUNCH

MGN username : Shady75

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:09 am

Shady75 wrote:

This
His side B has improved ridiculously

Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:06 pm

CodeBlue wrote:
Is it just me, or does Waft take longer to charge in this demo? I waited about a minute between two Wafts and it didn't seem to be charged yet.

The Wario Waft has always taken 90 seconds i.e., a minute and a half to charge.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:25 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
CodeBlue wrote:

Probably to encourage use of the half charged Waft...
Wario's fully charged Waft was ridiculous in power, you could get a stock for every minute you waited to use it....

I was probably for the best anyway.

Shady75 wrote:

Not true, just perfect shield it.
Leaves Wario open for years.

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:37 pm

MGN Username: Yellowkirbyguy
Currently Playing: Super Smash bros 3ds.
Seems to me that Wario got more buffs than Nerf's

Positives
~Faster D-air
~Faster S-pec, travels slightly further (haven't really tested this out too much, but it covers almost the whole length of battlefield if you jump whilst using it)
~Still awesome aerial mobility
~Most combo's from 0.9a still work
~F-Smash is now absolutely a killer.
~U-smash connects more easily
~Chomp (N-spec) Now has a hit box (Think Subspace Emmissary using Chomp on enemies such as Goomba's)
~I'm not sure but it feels like Wario's been resized a tad bigger, which makes grabbing somewhat easier.
~His Roll is like Epic to watch (even though the animation is the same as his tech but i don't care lol)
~Is it just me or is Wario's Roll faster and travels further?
EDIT~ U-spec is a lot faster as well.
EDIT~ Ground canceling an Aerial S-spec is more faster than before.

Negatives
~Remember the time back in v0.8 where Wario had the massive jump from an airborn s-spec? Yeah well, in 0.9a it was reduced to a pitiful little hop. Now.... Yeahh, now it's like, half of that little hop.
~Oh and you get shielded during a grounded S-spec, you'll be wishing that you were inside of Yoshi's egg rather than the amount of punishment you could receive.
~D-smash doesn't have as much hitstun anymore, so you can''t combo it into a Jab then grab. Instead it automatically "downs" the opponent allowing a possible instant tech.
~D-tilt doesn't move you slightly forward meaning you can't really connect multiple d-tilts in a row anymore.
EDIT~ If you travel offstage with the grounded S-spec, good luck getting back to the stage
EDIT~ Wario's U-tilt now has bigger knock back scaling, no more u-tilt only combos at 50%!

Wario is a really fun character to use. With his stomach now actually being a potential killer, i can't see a reason to stop playing as him.

~Edit If you hit the wall with an aerial S-spec, you'll bounce off it a little. This can be used for something, i dunno what for though, it's more reliable if you use it on a stage like Tower of Salvation and Warioware where the stage's edges continue all the way down till the K.O boundary so you know you're going to bounce off the wall and "maybe" recover a little better. If you're good at using the move and can predict where you'll travel, you can skillfully use it to stop a ledgehogger. However, with ledge canceling in effect, i don't think it would be such a great idea, especially against a good back/forward aerial like Marth, Chibi Robo Kirby etc. (And with such an easy to predict move from afar... yeah.)
Oh and correct me if i'm wrong about this but S-spec does not sweetspot the ledge. It's "bouncing" off the wall which cancels the move and makes you grab the ledge.

Chopper wrote:
And then there was Trainer James. Little Jim was the only one in the bike gang...who had to use training wheels.

School's getting a bit more important, so i'll be on less frequently due to this.

3ds Friend code~ 4210-4750-3059
Pm me if you've added me so i can add ya back please

Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:25 am

How powerful is Wario's SideSpec? I find it hard to fight against.

ImageImage

Link!

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:00 pm
YIM

Currently Playing: ...SuperSmashFlash2?
Wario-Man is much better now too

Yellokirbyguy wrote:
~I'm not sure but it feels like Wario's been resized a tad bigger, which makes grabbing somewhat easier.
Yes, Wario was one of the handful of characters this demo that got a size increase, since they were becoming unnaturally short in comparison to what they should be.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:10 pm

Shocker14 wrote:

Wario's S-spec might throw you off because how fast it comes out. It has almost the same staring lag speed as his dash attack, the only problem is that S-spec isn't as predictable mid range (because Wario doesn't have to dash)

A grounded S-spec is usually the hardest to deal with since it can surprise you by jumping if you try and jump out of the way my best advice against human players is to learn the pattern of how they use S-spec. Do they use it to finish their combo's? Do they use it on slight occasions when you'd least expect it? Or is he just outright spamming it? Adapt to the players usage of S-spec and when you do, Shield it, nothing slows down a Wario's pace than getting shielded during his Shoulder Bash giving you plenty of room to punish. You could also try and bait an S-spec and dodge it at the right time so the Wario falls off the edge, but this would be unlikely on any Wario main such as myself

As for an Aerial S-spec, this move is really a one way trip to where ever, if a Wario uses this offstage, you know that he's going for the ledge, shut him down with a ledgegrab at the right time or use a decently sized attack (E.G Donkey kong's F-air/D-air ) Or a strong projectile (E.G Din's fire)

But if he's on stage, Wario can use this move to space himself with virtually no ending lag as Wario can ground cancel it, he might use it to close the distance on you, predict a Shield roll or even run away from you. Chances are, a Wario will use this when you're in a tight spot and you are planning to switch sides with him (As in, you're on the ledge hopping to gain control of the middle of the stage) if this is the case, he'll jump and S-spec away from you, which can lead to two things

1(Melee only character) You now have time to predict his next move or Dash dance yourself to make him think you're starting up an attack or something or if you feel aggressive, go for it, just be careful of B-air.

2(Character with projectile) You may fire at will, this will make the Wario try to out prioritise it with a few aerials and try and get closer to you as he has no projectiles to begin with. If you think he might throw another aerial, bait him into it and punish him be careful of his N-air that has another hit on the ending lag so you'll need to shield if he does use this. Also watch out for B-air, that cancels most small projectiles and is a multi-hit attack so you'll need to shield a bit longer.

Hope this helps (Any other Wario main feels like giving a few pointers or correcting on what i said is welcome)

Chopper wrote:
And then there was Trainer James. Little Jim was the only one in the bike gang...who had to use training wheels.

School's getting a bit more important, so i'll be on less frequently due to this.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:12 am

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Shocker14 wrote:

It's pretty powerful if a lvl 9 CPU spams it 100% with nothing but disrespect.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:19 am
YIM

Let me explain my problems are.

I was playing on Warioware, Inc, and the only option I had against a Wario (I was playing as Link) was to get below him, and juggle, then try to throw him off with an aerial, by dodging the SideSpec.

Most of my options were put of the window. I couldn't hero's bow, or boomerang, or launch a down aerial (Which is really fun move by the way) and I couldn't launch a direct ground attack. I mean, if I was playing as meta knight at the time, I could dimensional cape, but that isn't really a choice. Just an escape plan.

ImageImage

Link!

Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:17 am
YIM

Shocker14 wrote:
Let me explain my problems are.

I was playing on Warioware, Inc, and the only option I had against a Wario (I was playing as Link) was to get below him, and juggle, then try to throw him off with an aerial, by dodging the SideSpec.

Most of my options were put of the window. I couldn't hero's bow, or boomerang, or launch a down aerial (Which is really fun move by the way) and I couldn't launch a direct ground attack. I mean, if I was playing as meta knight at the time, I could dimensional cape, but that isn't really a choice. Just an escape plan.

Ahh WarioWare, I (And some others) think this is Wario's best stage funnily enough.

EDIT! If you did successfully pull of your scenario of juggle then send away with an aerial, your edgeguarding weapon of choice is bombs. followed by boomerangs (remember to throw them behind you and jump over them so Wario has a chance to get sent further away from the stage

Link has a juggle with U-tilt and that's pretty much the only way to reliably juggle using Link, U-air is Link's upawards poke which can hit from a long melee distance. Currently, i'm not too familiar with Wario's gameplay on WarioWare but i do know that if you get above him, you must drop to his level because his aerials are quite overwhelming especially on such a small stage.

Okay, so assuming that Human Wario want's to use an S-spec (Because that is your problem right?) On a stage like WarioWare, which is a small stage with 4 platfroms, 2 lower platforms and 2 higher platforms. Wario's grounded S-spec would be almost a "do or die" move, so i think that most of the time, the Wario would be diagonally above you by one platform (So if you're on the left, he'll be on the right and up 1 platform), because that would be the easiest way to ensure a hit (if he lands on the ground from the platform he can still jump and attack) So if he is diagonally across like this, it's pretty easy to predict so you can just shield it.

With an Aerial version, the same situation occurs but this time, he'll get no landing lag and be ready for another attack. So you gota plan out how you want to face him.

I suggest to use bombs if he's diagonally across you, and time them well so that Wario's S-spec would collide with the bomb rather than you.

Also remember to use Z-air (Your hookshot) this is a great long range attack that can be ground canceled for no ending lag. Also this can be used to pressure Wario into getting more closer to you with more easier moves that you could predict.

Arrows and Boomerangs shouldn't be thrown unless you are the same level and opposite to him, this way Wario should only be able to approach via jumping up or coming from below (This varies from what platform you are on).

(The following is for a normal game with Link against Wario)
Remember an Aerial Wario will try and start a combo with his Forward and Neutral Aerials, N-airs at low percent, and F-airs at low to high percent.
A ground Wario usually plops you up with a D-tilt which is fast so be careful.

Wario also out Prioritises 2 out of 3 of Link's projectiles most of witch can be done with F-airs like i said before, if you can bait him into a sure miss aerial, you can punish him.

Again hope this helps and that i actually explained on what you were after.

Chopper wrote:

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:51 am
 [ 425 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next