The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:49 pm

[ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 27  Next
Black Mage 
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Wait, won't they just attack you out of charging? If they use a projectile or attack from the air, you can't punish them and have to eat a hit.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:47 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
meteor has a hitbox that you have to outprioritize and very few attacks do

Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:15 am

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Wait, won't they just attack you out of charging? If they use a projectile or attack from the air, you can't punish them and have to eat a hit.

Mess with their head a bit. Most people are pressured when someone comes at them at a 45 degree angle, so they activate it most of the time. Try picking a floaty against BM and see how it turns out.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:59 pm

MGN Username: Taliesin
Currently Playing: Final fantasy 13. Dragon quest 9
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

The great thing about Meteor is that Not many projectiles Out-Prioritize it, If your using it in the air, It acts like a wall, Attackers can get in close range because the meteor will damage them. If you get hit from behind I guess you could cancel into his neutral air, not to damage more to keep opponents away while you get your bearings, so to speak.

Image Image SSF2 Mains : Ness, Blackmage, Zelda,
SSF2hopefuls: I don't know how about Black mage from Final Fantasy OH WAIT.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:14 am
BR Member

Ralts wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

The great thing about Meteor is that Not many projectiles Out-Prioritize it, If your using it in the air, It acts like a wall, Attackers can get in close range because the meteor will damage them. If you get hit from behind I guess you could cancel into his neutral air, not to damage more to keep opponents away while you get your bearings, so to speak.

I meant the dsmash. Most characters are fast enough so unless you're really far away, charging a dsmash leaves you open for attack. Meteor's really hard to challenge.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:03 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Ralts wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

I meant the dsmash. Most characters are fast enough so unless you're really far away, charging a dsmash leaves you open for attack. Meteor's really hard to challenge.

I had suggested that as an approaching method, such as against Link, Samus, Naruto(will not destroy Uspec clone-mine)
True, it is difficult to charge a smash, but uncharged is good for camping. It can hit Link out of Dair every time.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:31 pm

MGN Username: Taliesin
Currently Playing: Final fantasy 13. Dragon quest 9
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Ralts wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

Oh sorry, By his D-smash you mean blizzard right? If your opponent starts approaching you then letting it go without fully charging it can set up a nice air,combo (Blizzard is great for launching your opponent upwards and defenseless at the same time). Its really hard to get the D-smash Fully charged unless you have a fully charged F-smash (Thundaga) out in front of you. A lot of the Blackmages Smashes have to be set up with thundaga. If you can't charge his F-Smash though, Scare your opponent off with meteor or if their too close, Haste. That should leave enough time to set up a fully charged D-Smash

Image Image SSF2 Mains : Ness, Blackmage, Zelda,
SSF2hopefuls: I don't know how about Black mage from Final Fantasy OH WAIT.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:34 pm
BR Member

It seems like a waste of time to charge a move that everyone will see coming from a mile away in lieu of edgeguarding or attempting followups off of hits. BM is such a great edgeguarder that 99 times out of 100 I'd rather go for a meteor, stop, dair, haste, etc., near the ledge than charge something up on the ground.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:50 pm

MGN Username: Huey
Currently Playing: Smash 4. Waiting for Beta. They better code in Bidou...
Does anyone use fully charged u-smash? It's really good for that unexpected ko

Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:01 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Huey wrote:

I suppose you could use it while your enemy is trying to recover back onto the stage.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:06 pm

MaskofTruth wrote:
Huey wrote:

I suppose you could use it while your enemy is trying to recover back onto the stage.

Nah, it has a lot of uses. I get at least 1 ko with it per game but I haven't monitored all the times I use it so I can't explain yet. I'll be back haha

Edit: Getting someone when coming back to the stage is one of the ways I use it, so you were right on

Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:01 pm

yes, i recently also noticed that usmash charged is amazing in the right scenario. at 90-100% it almost guarantees a KO, and against some characters it is ludicrously easy to do while they recover. plus, you can do it after you used a full-charged stop on someone. fsmash is more effective? indeed... but this is more stylish :D

also, has anyone noticed how BM's meteors can be aimed when fired? if you press left or roght, they will angle a bit. this is super great, even an uncharged meteor can travel reasonably far.

Others claim, it is half empty.

I, personally, Claim Nothing.

Instead, i Ask:

WHO THE %&(%/))% DRANK HALF OF MY BEER??!

Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:09 pm

WAR-THERAPY wrote:
yes, i recently also noticed that usmash charged is amazing in the right scenario. at 90-100% it almost guarantees a KO, and against some characters it is ludicrously easy to do while they recover. plus, you can do it after you used a full-charged stop on someone. fsmash is more effective? indeed... but this is more stylish :D

also, has anyone noticed how BM's meteors can be aimed when fired? if you press left or roght, they will angle a bit. this is super great, even an uncharged meteor can travel reasonably far.

Agreed 100%. U-smash is so stylish lol And yeah, the mind games get real once you perfect timing the trajectories of the aimed meteor. It's REALLY useful because you can trick your opponent into thinking the meteor just has one path it can follow then shock them into making a mistake

Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:18 pm

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
So, after getting destroyed by bomono, I have a question:

How do you beat Tails SideB as BM? It just feels so hard to fight agaisn't, it's quick, it's annoying, it's surprising. I really don't know what to do.~

ImageImageImageImage

Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:00 pm
BR Member

Stop? Meteor?

Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:06 pm
 [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 27  Next