The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:34 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 95  Next
The Legend of Zelda 

MetaGabo wrote:
Any reason why it wouldn't be Link? Anything other than just a twist for the sake of a twist

Aonuma (The director of the series) said that. It might just be some trolling, but you never know.

Ziku wrote:
Zelda U looks fantastic and has a solid plan behind it, but I didn't ever think I'd see an itital teaser without the green tunic... It somehow seems a it off.

People are linking it with Wind Waker Link's pajamas/crayfish/whatever outfit, and there was some kind of response to it. Otherwise, it may just mean it actually isn't Link.

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/

Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Currently Playing: 3DS, Wii U and PC
Weird Theory Time: He is the Hero from before Skyward Sword, so it explains that it isn't the actual Link, and explains the hightechie bow similar to those robots froms SS

Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:29 pm

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
ORr it's further down Twilight princesses timeline. Thanks nintendo for adding that now games have to be connected

I AM APPLE

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:41 pm

theory: if nerds stopped thinking about the zelda timeline too much they could live happier lives

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:42 pm

Kinda hard when i own the book

I AM APPLE

Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:47 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
i own the book too
the first and only time i've thought about where this takes place on the timeline is right now because you nerds brought it up

Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:52 am

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
Someone pointed out that the angular pattern on his wristguards is similar to the ones worn by the gerudo in OoT.

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:18 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Tid wrote:
i own the book too
the first and only time i've thought about where this takes place on the timeline is right now because you nerds brought it up

Stop lying. You're the worst when it comes to stuff like that lol

Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:28 pm

Apparently people are saying that it might not be link in the trailer even Aonuma said it might not be.

I AM APPLE

Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:21 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
no, you can rename him so

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Baron Von Jiggly wrote:
Apparently people are saying that it might not be link in the trailer even Aonuma said it might not be.

Reix wrote:
"No one explicitly said that that was Link"
[ Image ]

That's Aonuma's quote. Some people think it is Zelda (Archer, not the iconic gear), or possibly Zelda and Link's Child (I think this isn't as likely, but whatevs).

Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:58 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Dr.Geno wrote:
Tid wrote:
i own the book too

Stop lying. You're the worst when it comes to stuff like that lol

f*** off :(
i haven't thought about the timeline at all. there's literally no way of placing it because we know absolutely nothing about the story or the characters, the only thing i've been wondering is about the link(?) and the open world stuff he was talking about

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:14 pm

What exactly makes you guys think that it wasn't Link?

The fact that he's on a horse? (Like Epona? Heck the Link in TP, was a skilled rider BEFORE you even start.)
The fact he uses a bow? (Like the Hero's Bow? In OoT the only good way to fight on horse back WAS the bow.)
The fact it's laundry day for him. (Come on, there are plenty of games where he doesn't get the Hero's Clothes until he proves himself.)

The thing that really proves he is Link though are those sideburns. ALL the Links had those things.

BTW: HEY GUYS! IT WASN'T EVEN STATED YOU PLAYED AS THE GUY ON THE HORSE! MAYBE YOU PLAY AS THE TENTACLE MONSTER INSTEAD!

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:24 pm

Deciton_Reven wrote:

The fact that he's on a horse? (Like Epona? Heck the Link in TP, was a skilled rider BEFORE you even start.)
The fact he uses a bow? (Like the Hero's Bow? In OoT the only good way to fight on horse back WAS the bow.)
The fact it's laundry day for him. (Come on, there are plenty of games where he doesn't get the Hero's Clothes until he proves himself.)

The thing that really proves he is Link though are those sideburns. ALL the Links had those things.

BTW: HEY GUYS! IT WASN'T EVEN STATED YOU PLAYED AS THE GUY ON THE HORSE! MAYBE YOU PLAY AS THE TENTACLE MONSTER INSTEAD!

Some people have noticed that:
That horse isn't Epona. Link would logically be riding his red skinned, white haired horse.
The bow is wielded right handed. Link's a lefty in canon, regardless of what the Wii says.
Link is known for his tunic. He's always shown with his tunic, Master Sword and the Hylian Shield.

Also,
Reix wrote:

I know it's up for debate and everything, but some of us think that it isn't Link because it was literally explained that it might not be. Forgive us for skeptical.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:16 pm

Reix wrote:
Deciton_Reven wrote:

Some people have noticed that:
That horse isn't Epona. Link would logically be riding his red skinned, white haired horse.
The bow is wielded right handed. Link's a lefty in canon, regardless of what the Wii says.
Link is known for his tunic. He's always shown with his tunic, Master Sword and the Hylian Shield.

Also,
Reix wrote:

I know it's up for debate and everything, but some of us think that it isn't Link because it was literally explained that it might not be. Forgive us for skeptical.

The horse doesn't look like epona =/= that the person doesn't look like Link.
Link is right handed on the Wii AND was right handed in a teaser for a Wii U? Maddness!
No he isn't, there was a time he was shown AS A WOLF.

Not everything in Zelda is ALWAYS 100% between games, see Blonde hair vs Brown hair Link and Zelda, or Granny Impa vs OoT Impa. One of the ways they make each game have its own feel is to change things sightly art wise as well as mechanic wise, lesser characters can be modified more than main characters and Epona is still a lesser character. In OoT Link can ride any of the horses, just Epona is the best one. Maybe you don't START with Epona. Maybe you can upgrade your horse? Makes more sense than the Hero of [insert_game_theme_here] WOULDN'T BE THE HERO.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:41 pm
 [ 1424 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 95  Next