The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:04 am

[ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Smash Flash Back Room 0.9b Tier List #2 

TS wrote:
ShadowMario2600 wrote:
I'd make a Mario matchup chart, but my Mario is rusty and I would be super biased

Thats pretty much everyone though, lol.
Except Proto, he won't comment on Goku.

I'm biased in my own way :sweat:

Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:23 pm

Currently Playing: SamuraiWarriorsChroniceles3
Glad to see mah main :zelda: finally on top... for once. & how she can din's fire w/out going into free-fall is a GOD SEND!

Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:41 pm

MGN Username: Huey
Currently Playing: Smash 4. Waiting for Beta. They better code in Bidou...
f*cking told you guys BBM was A tier lol

I still argue that perfect Bomberman play could place him higher.

Sun May 08, 2016 12:28 am

When :luigi: gets into ssf2 he'll probably be high tier

Tue May 17, 2016 8:44 pm

MGN Username: riku434
Currently Playing: Project M
Waifu: Joseph Joestar
tfw 2 of your mains are the worst in the game.

Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:07 pm

riku434 wrote:
tfw 2 of your mains are the worst in the game.

About Sora :sora: I think i understand why.

But about Kirby :kirby: is really strange for me. Kirby has a good moves in the ground and in the air. His grabs are ok and are able to combo with. His specials? Side-b and Neutral-B are quite useful, i only don't know how to use the Down-b properly.

MAybe because Kirby is really easy to kill? or his air mobility not being so good as kirby for example? (I can imagine that, it would be really broken)

Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:08 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
He has like no range

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:59 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
@PurpouHeize:

You're right that Kirby has a decent grab game on some characters, and more than a few useful moves in his kit. Side-B is very powerful but extremely laggy and easy to punish, which makes it not very useful except out of a combo in competitive play. Neutral-B is really useful in some matchups, but not in every matchup and is very punishable if you miss.

The main things holding Kirby back are a lack of mobility (very poor speed and dash length means that he can't maneuver effectively on the ground, and a poor airspeed mars him in the air) and a lack of range.

The reason this hurts him so much is easiest to see if you think about the neutral like this: every character has a range where they can hit you before you can react. For a character like Marth, that range is dash-cancel dtilt or fsmash: really far. That means that even when Marth isn't swinging his sword, the implicit pressure of being able to hit you very quickly means that you have to be extremely wary of him. Fox doesn't have a lot of range, but he still has so much speed that this crucial unreactable-attack range is still large: running SH nair.

For most characters, this crucial zone is a function of both speed and range. Kirby has terrible range AND speed, so the range at which Kirby applies implicit pressure is tiny. That means that you very rarely are scared of what Kirby is about to do and can usually deal with whatever he does. Even matchups where Kirby has a brutal punish game and is considered to win the MU (Kirby-Fox) can sometimes be dismantled by extremely patient play. Kirby has good defensive tools, but he can't really approach effectively, so just sit back and make him come to you and he struggles immensely.

Of course, once you hit Kirby another weakness becomes apparent: his lack of a good combo breaker means that many characters like Marth can deal lots of damage in punishes despite Kirby's weight and falling speed, and his lack of survivability means that characters like Marth get extremely quick kills out of combos like fthrow -> fsmash.

Combined, this means that while Kirby has good matchups against some characters that have trouble dealing with Kirby's small size, priority, and edgeguarding ability (Falcon, Fox), he has extremely difficult matchups (70-30 or worse, some of the worst in the game for anyone!) against characters like Marth that can abuse Kirby's lack of implicit pressure and projectile options to slowly dismantle Kirby in the neutral and abuse his lack of combo breakers and poor survivability to make each hit count for a lot. He's not unviable or anything, but he struggles a lot in a few matchups, making him a much tougher solo main than the vast majority of the cast. (He's actually a pretty good secondary with a character that can handle his bad MU's and appreciates Kirby's MU versus fast fast-fallers).

Sora-Kirby is an extremely challenging pair of mains! They both struggle so much against Marth and Lloyd (two of the most-played characters), and this means that they really don't cover each other's weaknesses at all. Every character is viable in SSF2 so there's nothing stopping anyone from doing that, but I'd recommend if someone were trying to pick two characters to main in tournaments that you pick a character that handles range well (Fox, Sheik, Marth, Pikachu sorta, Falcon for dealing with Marth, ZSS, etc.) so that even if you then use a character as your primary main that struggles with range (Wario, Kirby, Sora, Zelda, Puff, etc.), you aren't forced to play bad matchups over and over in tournaments.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:45 am

DUDE!!! in the world do u mean, :sora: THE WORST IN THE GAME!!! look man, you've been lied 2. im a new :sora: main, :sora: is the most OP character n the game. Check out one of my videos, and then this other u tube video.:....ok so i just found out i cant add the file, sooooo yeah... BUT CHECK THIS OUT!!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3o6lpImFZU. Its awesme man, and so r u, kuz u play smash, you've just been lied 2. Keep smashing and stay cool. :nod:

Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:05 am

Currently Playing: 3ds
what works against a cpu will probably never work against a real human

Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:16 am

Buddy joined an hour ago and thinks hes the best sora.

Add another one to the pile....

Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:27 pm

MGN Username: Jadeneck
Currently Playing: SSF2 , Overwatch
When is this going to be updated?

Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:02 pm

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
A lot of us want a concrete answer to that question as well, and since one of our most consistently stated but vague answers, "2016", has been eventually proved wrong for this game's sake...

The forums and the community overall are pretty dry because of it. But a game that needs more development is a game that needs development. I even saw bugs in the newest video by SK, showing that the game's not perfect-and it never will be. But they're trying, and that's what counts.

But I'll try to simplify what's going on:

It's already being updated-it's just the matter of fixing problems regarding some mechanics, characters and modes like Classic and Online, and the hard task of ultimately releasing it.

If you want a super simple answer..

It'll be updated when it's done. Lul delays.

Also, you probably wouldn't want to ask this question in a Tier List discussion, but of the Speculation or the Dev Blog threads.
HELL there's no need for a question like that because we all know they're reluctant to give us exact release dates-because they almost never actually make it.
Not trying to throw shade, but the truth's the truth.

Let's just hope it'll be ready to be put on everyone's hands before the end of the month. And if we can't have that, the world will explode from a giant meteor guided by Cleod-Bot in outer space, and soon the universe. Let's hope that won't happen.

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:

Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:37 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I think that poster meant this tier list. Wait for it :)

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:17 am

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
Errr..... fail response again ;-;

However:
I see no need to wish for a tier list for a game version that won't be used anymore in the midst of at most 2-3 weeks, hopefully.

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:

Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:05 pm
 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next