The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:30 pm

[ 10 posts ] 
Deux Vs. WarPanda! 

((Discussed over PM a few days ago and I finally stopped being lazy enough to write this.))

Out in the middle of nowhere-quite litterally-was a large floating plazform. And I do mean large. It was a light tan color, one you would often see in sand, although it was obvious that this was some type of stone. It had several patterns in a mud-brownish color, though this ground seemed no different than its tan counterpart. In the very center, where you wouldn't be able to see the edge of the platform (and you wouldn't be able to for several miles), a specific circle of mud-brown existed.

Suddenly, something appeared in a flash of light; a person. (Please refer to my War P. Anda profile (http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22692) for details.) A few seconds prior to his teleportation he had heard a message that his opponent would have undoubtably heard as well. 'Hello, friends! You will be teleported to a large platform in a minute, so listen carefully. You are to be pitted against one another in a fight! Now, there are three ways to win; one, make your opponent say uncle. Two; knock your opponent unconscious. Three; kill them. There are four ways to lose, too! One; say uncle. Two; be knocked unconscious. Three; die. Four; break the rules. The rules are one; no Godmodding. Two; no Autohitting. Three; no Autoing. Four; no mind-controlling your opponent to make them say uncle. Oh, and this isn't a rule, but don't try to teleport or anything away. It won't work. I think. Anyway, bye-bye!"

He didn't know what most of those rules meant and he couldn't teleport or use mind-control anyway, so he was probably safe. Either way, although it appeared that the... thing was 'speaking' to two people, he hadn't seen anyone near him... but that didn't matter. He would probably have to do this or die or something, right? And whatever that thing was didn't mention any punishment if you lost, so he probably only had to worry about his opponent killing him and hope that he, or she, had morals. He took a cookie out of his scarf and happily munched on it as he waited for his opponent.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:48 am

Currently Playing: Vanquish
In a grand flash of color and light, appeared Doctor Advent. Suprised by the suddeness of his transportation to an unknown realm, the doctor was both mesmerized and curious about how he got to where he was. Then the voice echoes through his head:
Quote:
'Hello, friends! You will be teleported to a large platform in a minute, so listen carefully. You are to be pitted against one another in a fight! Now, there are three ways to win; one, make your opponent say uncle. Two; knock your opponent unconscious. Three; kill them. There are four ways to lose, too! One; say uncle. Two; be knocked unconscious. Three; die. Four; break the rules. The rules are one; no Godmodding. Two; no Autohitting. Three; no Autoing. Four; no mind-controlling your opponent to make them say uncle. Oh, and this isn't a rule, but don't try to teleport or anything away. It won't work. I think. Anyway, bye-bye!"

"What a strange phenomenon, what level and manner of sorcery is this?" The doctor pondered to himself.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:49 pm

"Oh, hey!" Anda said in an attempt to catch Advent's attention. He absent mindedly waved along with the friendly gesture. "I guess we have to fight, huh?" he asked, smiling cheerfully. Although he didn't really know whether Doctor Advent was a good person or not, he nevertheless 'had a feeling' that the Doctor wasn't a threat to his life. Not that the man wasn't powerful, of course; he knew that HE was certainly strong, and the fact that whoever it was that was forcing them to fight seemed to be doing it for their own s****, and watching a really strong guy fighting a weak opponent wasn't very amusing probably meant that the person in front of him was about as strong as he was; maybe even stronger! Also, he had a cool helmet. ALL people with cool helmets were strong, right?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:49 pm

"I suspose we do" The doctor stated calmly, looking up at the sky, still pondering how he got here. He then looked at his "opponent", and wondered why someone them twisted fate and placed them on the field of battle.

He flung his cape back, and stared directly as his foe.
"I promise," He began say, "If I am the victor, I shall not take your life." He promised Anda.
"I do not wish to fight, but I it seems a magic beyond my own abilities is keeping us here, so it seems that if we wish to leave we must have a duel." He told Anda as he slowly began to hover a few inches above the ground.

"So perhaps a friendly brawl would prove to strengthen both our abilities, wouldn't you agree?"
Advent asked Anda.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:54 pm

"Oh, that's good," Anda said. Even with a 'good feeling' about the Doctor, it was quite reassuring to hear that his opponent was ineed a good person. "And yeah, a duel wouldn't hurt anything, right?" He asked nobody in particular. Anda finished the cookie and fished into his scarf for another with his left hand while extending his right for a handshake. "Hm, on the count of three, we start," he said, stating it as a fact and not something to be questioned. As his left hand found its target, it pulled out another cookie, which Anda happily bit out of.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Kristoph hovered over to his opponent and shook his hand.
"Very well, on the count of 3..." Advent began to count.

"1..."
"2..."
"3..."

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:16 pm

"Go," Anda said quietly, more to himself than anybody else. Lightly breaking the handshake, he quickly jumped away from Kristoph-and I do mean away. He landed about thirty feet from his opponent, smirking at him and waiting for him to make a move. His right hand was now fingering at its respective tonfa in case of the need to block an attack arising, as Advent had previously implied himself to be a magician of sorts, and such people were quite unpredictable.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Advent analyzed his foe, he knew that by his form and body he was a skilled martial artist. He knew that right at the moment his foe was planning out his next moves.

Kristoph extended his hand into the air and looked at his hand.

"Steel forged from flame and earth, grant me a staff of metal!"
Within seconds of his command, what appeared as glowing white energy gathered in Kristophs hand and became a staff of solid steel, and the proceeded to land on the ground, and did nothing but wait.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:35 pm

((Sorry, forgot about this after the whole Downtime thing.))

Anda watched the staff with little intrest. Though it was kinda cool that he made a staff appear outta nowhere, it would've been cooler with a dragon or something. Smirking, he jumped above Advent, facing downwards towards him and beginning to spin with his fist at his side. Suddenly, he shot downward at his opponent with a cry of "Panda Bomber!" as his fist quickly made its way towards the good Doctor's face.

Thu May 06, 2010 9:39 pm

War P. Anda wrote:
((Sorry, forgot about this after the whole Downtime thing.))

Anda watched the staff with little intrest. Though it was kinda cool that he made a staff appear outta nowhere, it would've been cooler with a dragon or something. Smirking, he jumped above Advent, facing downwards towards him and beginning to spin with his fist at his side. Suddenly, he shot downward at his opponent with a cry of "Panda Bomber!" as his fist quickly made its way towards the good Doctor's face.

((It's okay.))
Kristoph looked upwards with lightning quick reflexes, raised his staff upwards and spun it quickly infront of his face, having it act as a rotating barrier.

Fri May 07, 2010 9:20 am
 [ 10 posts ]