The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:00 pm

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
How did you get into SSF2? 

MGN Username: JalStar
Currently Playing: SSF2
Was it because of SSF1 on Newgrounds?

Was it because of the earlier demos of the game?

Was it a YouTube video?

Share your experience in this thread.

Click to expand thumbnail
Jamaica to be exact... :)
Check out my friend's shop here: https://www.redbubble.com/people/jo3HD/shop?asc=u

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Found the first game on Newgrounds. Played it for a while then eventually stopped. A good few years later, I found out it had a sequel, so I tried that out. Despite not really being a Smash fan, I really loved the amount of effort that went into the game so I decided to follow its development.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:17 am

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
Found SSF1 as a kid while searchimg for random flash games on google, found out that rhey have a site, went there, saw that SSF2 is a thing. I think this was way back in like, the very first versions.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:31 am

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
You know? This kind of thread has been made at least thrice if I recall well (I know this because I opened one myself some time ago) but I can guarantee that I will never grow tired of telling how I found SSF2.

First of all, let's trace back to SSF1: as expected, I first found that game on Newgrounds back at some unespecified moment in 2007 I can no longer remember, I'm also unable to tell if I found it because I searched for SSB content on that site or simply stumbled upon it by mere coincidence, the fact is that I never forgot the name "Super Smash Flash".

Moving on to 2008, Brawl was just released and at some point during July I decided to Google stuff about that game. As I was typing "Super Smash..." on the search bar, the predictor bar pop out another suggestion: "Super Smash Flash 2", I was like "Hey! I remember that game! Now it seems it's getting a sequel", this said, I found the MG website for the first time on my life but I didn't join the Forums immediately; the demo version available at that time I got to play was 0.2b. I would say the rest is history but the thing doesn't end here.

The discovery of SSF2 led me to discover the Wikia-hosted SmashWiki (now called Smashpedia), which had an article for SSF2 (and SSF1). Said article was initially my first source for everything about SSF2 and the provided links were the ones that led me to the MG Wiki for the first time, it was this site that enticed me to join the Forums, because a banner on the main page literally read "Join the forums and help us made SSF2 awesome".

And here I am, after 9 years I'm still a regular member of the MG community. Nuff said, I also became sysop and later a bureaucrat of the MG Wiki to show my dedication to the site and SSF2.

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:34 am

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
Found ssf1 on Newgrounds while searching for mario flashes and crap like that.
Played the game then stopped bcuz the gameplay sucks :P

Few years later, I found ssf2 through this random old video:
YouTube Video:

I decide to try out the game (v0.7 at the time) after I found out the name of this fangame (thank you, commenters).
I found myself liking the game cuz I feel like I'm actually playing a real SSB game.
I've started following the development since then (didn't join the forums until like 2 years later).

Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:23 am
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Skewy
Currently Playing: No lag
found it from searching "super smash bros pc" on google a year or 2 ago ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:07 pm

MGN Username: lucas4
Currently Playing: idk who wants to know?
Waifu: sanic
found it in agame or maybe if i can remeber i found it randomly

motomoto likes you
i made lots of dumb posts when i was new to this thing... WH EEZE

Ravin_Raven wrote:
We're all tired of people who don't know what a signature is.

Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:37 am

MGN Username: TaylorGang
Currently Playing: SSF2
Sall the Smash 4 trailer with :megaman: in it and wanted to know what :kirby: power up was when he or she sucked up :megaman: so I looked up :kirby: vs :megaman: and found this:
YouTube Video:

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/TaylorJames1234?lang=en
Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/taypalacio/

Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:23 am

MGN Username: [BANNED]
Currently Playing: SSF2TAS
Heard about Sm4sh coming out from a friend in September 2014, realized I was rusty as Smash, realized that I had left Brawl at my ex-stepmother's house, took to the computer and looked up "Smash Bros Flash game"
Came back to SSF2 later in December of 2015 when I was bored in class one day, realized how op Kirby's fastfall was and how he could abuse it in conjunction with fair to space out and wall out his opponents, started grinding against cpus in my free time, discovered Flash Nation through Bowler's channel on July 12th, 2016, and three days later, I got a new computer and got into the community.
S/O to Cyan/Star/David for being my first friend lol

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:53 am

MGN Username: ASemih46
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta , Minecraft , NFS Most Wanted
JalStar wrote:
Was it because of SSF1 on Newgrounds?

Was it because of the earlier demos of the game?

Was it a YouTube video?

Share your experience in this thread.

I like the Sonic Games...I search a Sonic Game and i found ssf serie :mrgreen:

I wanna see this updates in the SSF2 : Smash Ball, Lucas , Shadow , Ganondorf

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:43 pm

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
From SSF1, duh. I found it after searching for Super Smash Bros games online. It was the only Smash game I could afford so despite being s*** I enjoyed it a lot.

Then I discovered there was an SSF2 as well and started playing at V0.6. The rest is history.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:29 am

MGN Username: ASemih46
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta , Minecraft , NFS Most Wanted
Sonario wrote:
From SSF1, duh. I found it after searching for Super Smash Bros games online. It was the only Smash game I could afford so despite being s*** I enjoyed it a lot.

Then I discovered there was an SSF2 as well and started playing at V0.6. The rest is history.

almost same :nod:

I wanna see this updates in the SSF2 : Smash Ball, Lucas , Shadow , Ganondorf

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:50 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
As often as this topic comes up, I never pass up a chance to reminisce.

It was early 2008. I'd found SSF1 on a flash game site that's now lost to time. (If anyone knows an old flash game site that had a panda as its mascot, tell me.)
I'd clicked the in-game link to the FAQ topic, which is how I found the site. SSF2 was still brand new at the time; the latest version was either v0.1b or v0.2a.

Also, a detail I didn't remember until just now: how I heard about it to search for it was, I believe, a forum thread on Psypoke about SSF.

...though why I googled it and didn't just click the link in the OP, I have no idea.

Last edited by Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:43 pm

MGN Username: Jadeneck
Currently Playing: SSF2 , Overwatch
Never played smash competitively before, but a combination of watching the melee documentary and the hypetrain of smash 4 being announced, I was really looking into getting into smash bros competitively. I was a huge PC gamer at the time, mostly playing league of legends and CSGO, and since I didn't have a controller for melee / pm netplay at the time, I looked for an alternative. Found SSF2 by simply googling "Smash bros fan game" or something along those lines, got hooked immediately, played CPU's for like 5 months, found my way online and found the IRC chat, played the game competitively for like 6 months and then started a youtube channel.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:49 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
My cousins introduced me to SSF1 on Newgrounds sometime in 2007, where we all had a gander till we unlocked all extra content and eventually grew bored of the game

Come Christmas 2010, I decided to take a trip down memory lane and searched for SSF, only to discover that the second result linked to a sequel. After clicking on the link and waiting literally a hour and a half for the game to load (likely because the game was hosted on a dodgy website that wasn't MG), I played through demo v0.6, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Better yet, when I went back to the dodgy website a week later, I found out it had updated to v0.7. And when I unlocked the surprise that was Black Mage, I declared it to be the best Flash game ever

Thus I commenced half a year of stalking MG, its forums and the Expansion Forums until eventually I created this account. This was all before I knew the official Smash Bros games were a thing, and only until 2014 did I finally play Brawl

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:15 pm
 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next