The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
[Q] Worst video games you've played 

Tsunata wrote:
kyuubutt wrote:
Excuse me?

1) I wasn't talking to you.
2) I don't have to explain anything to you.

f#%$& off.

Well... DMC SUCKS!

REBELLLLLL!!!

See my point?

What the f*** are you even talking about?

Seriously, grow a brain or f*** off.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:45 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Break it up, you two.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:06 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
kyuubutt wrote:
minecraft is not just a lego simulator, though

it has more to it than that as a video game and all of that is terrible

you cannot just say "well this one part of it is good so you can ignore the rest of it" and say it's not a bad game

DmC: Devil May Cry is not a bad video game

as a cool changing environment simulator
it is not a bad video game

this isn't how it works
You are correct on some level but there's a big difference between Minecraft and DmC

The changing environments were not a huge essential aspect of DmC. It was never the focus of the game or a selling point, it was a minor thing meant to compliment the rest of the game

Minecraft has, on some level, always been about building. Yes, there was a point where it was supposed to be about survival and I'm disappointed the game didn't reach that level of potential too. But from the very beginning the idea was to build s*** in order to survive. In the final game the idea is instead to build s*** in order to build s***

There was a shift in development focus due to Notch being a s*** but what remains is still quality in its own way. It has a neat system and a charming art style that lets people come together and play legos online. In that, it succeeds, and I'll argue that no matter how s*** the survival aspect is

It's like how Brawl is still a great party game even though it's not a good fighter like Melee is

Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:59 am

Waifu: I'm married
dont play brawl at parties you will look like an idiot who doesn't play good games

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:26 am
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
I think Gone Home is the only game I've ever played where I genuinely felt like I completely wasted my time and money. Such a completely awful experience.

AMA

Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:30 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
Densetsu wrote:
Secret of Mana.

I'm curious as to why you would think so. Sure, Seiken Densetsu 3 might be better in every way, but Secret of Mana is actually pretty good. It's not a top ten Super Nintendo game (like some will have you believe), but it's a good game.

As for my answer, It's probably Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring for the GBA. I borrowed it from a friend because I was curious, and It ended up being abysmal. Spyro: Year of the Dragonfly is also a contender.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:34 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
*Response to First Post*
I think Epic Yarn was okay (for an spinoff, of course).
I think Kirby Mass Attack was much worse due to all the DeviantArt-fetish styled characters (Extremelly Fat Birds, etc).
Final Boss is extremelly cliché and dissapoting (A Skull Shaped Head with a Lustrous Red Eyes with a Skull necklace.) Not even the music helped. I think the only decent thing about his design, is that his real eye is inside his mouth, in a similar fashion as the Dark Matters.
At least Epic Yarn had transformations, the whole gameplay of Mass attack consisted of a Pikmin styled game.
Heck, they could have turned the game into Pikmin DS and the game could have got more positive reviews.
The only things I liked about itw where the minigames. they were pretty fun, at least for me. Tood bad the're unlockable.
I honestly don't think it was a bad game, but I expected much more from Hal Laboratories. I'll just take it as the Cars 2 from Kirby.
Honestly, I have played worse games, like E.T. or Big Rigs, just that the game was pretty dissapointing. Good thing they learned from that and made Triple Deluxe a lot better.
But heck, this is just my opinion, you are free to disagree.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:57 pm
BR Member

Zapperrix wrote:
Densetsu wrote:
Secret of Mana.

I'm curious as to why you would think so. Sure, Seiken Densetsu 3 might be better in every way, but Secret of Mana is actually pretty good. It's not a top ten Super Nintendo game (like some will have you believe), but it's a good game.

None of the games I've actually played through are really bad, but Secret of Mana just stands out as being the worst. The story is pretty good for a SNES game (even if a lot of it was cut out), it looks really good, and the soundtrack is mostly fantastic, but none of that was enough to cover up the fact that playing it essentially involves opening up the menu and choosing the same magic command over and over again.

I tried playing Seiken Densetsu 3, and it was definitely better in almost every way, but I got frustrated with it somewhere in the middle and never finished it. Shame.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:31 pm
Site Moderator

Kirb-Star wrote:
*Response to First Post*
I think Kirby Mass Attack was much worse due to all the DeviantArt-fetish styled characters (Extremelly Fat Birds, etc).
Final Boss is extremelly cliché and dissapoting (A Skull Shaped Head with a Lustrous Red Eyes with a Skull necklace.) Not even the music helped. I think the only decent thing about his design, is that his real eye is inside his mouth, in a similar fashion as the Dark Matters.
At least Epic Yarn had transformations, the whole gameplay of Mass attack consisted of a Pikmin styled game.
Heck, they could have turned the game into Pikmin DS and the game could have got more positive reviews.
The only things I liked about itw where the minigames. they were pretty fun, at least for me. Tood bad the're unlockable.
I honestly don't think it was a bad game, but I expected much more from Hal Laboratories. I'll just take it as the Cars 2 from Kirby.
Honestly, I have played worse games, like E.T. or Big Rigs, just that the game was pretty dissapointing. Good thing they learned from that and made Triple Deluxe a lot better.
Basically everything in this post is stupid js

Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Term wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:
*Response to First Post*
Basically everything in this post is stupid js

Kirb-Star wrote:

Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:37 pm
Site Moderator

yes, that line was not stupid
hence why i said basically
i think it's the only one but i don't want to re read that

Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:46 pm

Term wrote:
yes, that line was not stupid
hence why i said basically
i think it's the only one but i don't want to re read that

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:59 pm

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
Wrong topic, disregard.
Although, I would say the worst game I've ever played was probably the GBA Men in Black game.

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:49 pm
Site Moderator

I'm not sure I understand

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:52 pm

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
I'm playing Remember Me right now, started partly out of morbid curiosity and now I'm continuing just to see where it all ends up. Right now, I've experienced:
- Godawful camera controls
- Seriously, a camera that can't even focus on a single boss in a closed space
- Total inconsistency in style
- A crippling case of "too much future"
- Giant death robots that literally quote Monty Python while you fight them
- Drastic leaps of logic to determine just how things ended up this way

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:18 am
 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next