The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 1:14 am

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Waifu: I'm married
OOC: THE f*** KIKI

Phora was having a riot. Alice, on the other hand, was extremely nervous. Slowly, she cracked open the door and peered at her friends, blushing and shaking a bit. "C-come on in..."

"Whoah, whoah, too much!" Daniel yelled as he dropped the orb into the water. The dimwit had little idea how to interpret the strange visions. Using his abilities the glass turned to liquid and flowed back into his pocket, shimmering like a sort of goldish green lava. That was enough of that. It was time to practice some magic, he thought, and he headed back into the s**** and went to the locker room.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:54 pm
YIM WWW

Logan replaced the document in the shelf and ventured further into the library. If the what the scroll said was true then there would be volumes of information on the Artes Antiquarium within these walls. A place like this could conceivably have enough material to last the Scot a lifetime.

The junior began a reading binge that would last several hours.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
"Hm, I want to try something first." Johnny said as he walked towards the nearest wall. Summoning one billhook, he quickly sketched Constuare and created a large rectangle fairly the size of himself. Next Johnathan sketched another sigil, this time Muto. If his speculations were true, he could make a copy of himself. Though he doubted it would be alive, despite how much he wanted it would be. Plus it would most likely have numerous flaws. If he went off the spear he made earlier in the year though, he would say otherwise. "I hope this works." He said as he finished up. 

Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:55 pm
Site Admin

OOC: y'all can interact without my saying. Be free Tsubaki and Johnny freeee
OOC2: Also, I've grown to love to hate Derrek. He's such a..a..douche..but I love him. Lol
OOC3: Very awesome combination use of the sigils! You got it!!!
OOC4: Well...this came out later than intended...better late than never.

Lotus felt as if she were being watched as she entered the s**** for the second time. However, she could not see what was clearly looking directly at her. Suddenly, with a gentle breeze stirring before her, a ghost in European medieval armour stood before her.

"Ah, Miss Lotus," said the knight with what she could only assume was a smile, (for she could not see his face, as it was covered by his helmet), "I have not had the opportunity to properly introduce myself. My name is Sir William," he said with a graceful bow "You seem to be looking for something, how may I be of service?"

------------------------------------------------------

Evelyn nodded, and leaned backwards as she hovered slightly off of the ground, the topic change was quite welcomed; "Not really on my mother's side, but everyone on my father's side is either Omnivident or touched. While I'm sure that not all of them have been trained to kill, all of my relatives are quite accustomed to supernatural happenings. Most of my first cousins are all trained slayers though...It can be a bit unnerving at times," she paused, remembering her various family vacations which typically entailed travelling through dense jungles or visiting isolated tribes to hunt down a particular monster or demon, "Though I'm glad my family is the way it is. I see the other kids here; rich, pampered, without a care in the world, and pity them. I couldn't stand to live a life so...so boring. So blind to the world around us. So helpless." She laughed "I guess you could say I've successfully made a 180 from what I was thinking earlier today."

---------------------------------------------------------

Fiona flapped her hand in front herself dismissively "Nah, don't worry about it Damian! So what if you're a bit older than us, I've just met you and I can already tell that you're a pretty awesome guy!" she grinned at the boy with a pensive look in her eyes "Hey, I know you and that club of yours has secret stuff or whatever to do all the time, but if you ever want to hang out just knock on my door! We're all freshmen this year and getting to know each other, so don't be shy."

Fiona took the book into her hand and headed towards the library exit "See you around Damian!" she said with a wave as she walked out the door.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Stupendous!" yelled Paolo while friendlily clapping Lloyd's back. The two walked out of the dorm area and towards the main gates of the school where three other boys stood waiting. The tallest, largest and most muscled of the boys shook Lloyd's hand and smiled. "Sup," he said, his voice very low and smooth, "I'm Jerome" He quickly shoved his hands into the front of his hoody, the air was fairly crisp and they could see their breaths as they spoke.

"Ah, Jerome" chuckled Paolo "Always the polite one" he turned to Lloyd.

"Ok guys, this is Lloyd. Remember that the teacher said that we had a new student in our grade? This is him." He nodded in Harold's direction. He was hunched over with an earbud in his left ear and his curly black hair sticking out from underneath of the green winter cap he was wearing. "That's Harold" The boy nodded in response to his name being called. Paolo then nodded in the direction of an athletic boy with short brown hair and hazel eyes, he wore the leather Arclight Football team jacket. "And this is Pete"

Peter shook Lloyd's hand and smiled warmly "Everyone just calls me Sullivan though"

"Alright then boys!" crowed Paolo "Let's head to the Arclight Plaza!"

--------------------------------------------------------

"Aw girl! Look at you!" exclaimed Amy with a tone of sympathy "I honestly don't know what they put you through at that club of yours, but girl you look like you need a break." Harpreet nodded her head in agreement, though they quickly pushed themselves into Alice's room before the girl changed her mind.

Immediately Amy began to set up various scented candles around the room, and turned off all the lights. It would set the relaxing ambiance that she felt that her best friend clearly needed. In the meanwhile Harpreet brought in a series of bags. The first bag was filled with skin cleansers and various other beauty enhancing agents. The second bag was filled with a chest of nail polish. The third bag was filled with snacks and various teen magazines. The last bag, and the largest was filled with outfits that Harpreet had designed for Alice.

"Ok, ok, ok," said Amy while clapping her hands together happily, "Now you missy, sit down and we'll start the preliminary hair brushing!" Harpreet put in a fairly mellow CD that only served to further enhance the ambiance.

---------------------------------------------------------

As class and the various athletic afterschool activities were over, the locker room was abandoned. He gained entrance to the pocket dimension that housed the magic club and stepped into the locker.

In the hallway, just as he entered, Ashley was leaving her own room. Her eyes lit up at the sight of Daniel and she ran towards him with something in her hand.

"Hi Daniel!" she said cheerfully "I forgot to give you this earlier" she opened her palm and revealed a key "Go to any of the doors that you see along the infinite hallway, and use this key to open it. That key will lead you to your personal room. I believe you saw Basil's? Each of us have our own rooms, which allows us to access this particular dimension from any location so long as you walk through a door. The magic of your personal room however, is that you completely design what you want it to look like, and no one can enter it without your permission." She placed the key in his hand "Go ahead, try it!"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Logan's reading binge was far from fruitless. The library contained rooms and rooms dedicated to the various artes. There were some artes that he couldn't even recognize, their disciples having all but disappeared in the modern era, or having become forbidden artes.

Antiquarum in particular had a vast wealth of knowledge dedicated to it, seeing as it was one of the Great Artes, as well as being one of the oldest of the Artes. He read through histories of great Antiquarum disciples before him such as Hexatus Maximus, and Lord Commander Aramis of the Lord's Watch Battalion from the Templar Order. Additionally, there were many more mechanics to the Antiquarum Arte, which Logan did not know. For instance, while Logan's particular branch of the arte allowed him to only draw on the weapons and equipment of his ancestors, all Antiquarum can call upon the spirit of their ancestor and communicate with them whenever he wished. While the spirit was prevented from having any corporal interaction, it seemed that many Antiquarum had one particular ancestor that they bonded with. His research further showed that he would eventually become capable of taking on a very wide repertoire of ancestors to draw his weapons from. Many of the Antiquarum of his particular branch typically had at least five spirit sets of armour to draw upon.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The sigils interacted flawless, and before Johnny and Tsubaki stood a clone of the boy. He stared at them vacantly without any expression on his face, as if waiting for a command.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:11 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
OOC: Wouldn't knocking on Fiona's door also be knocking on Lotus's?

As Lotus walked toward the s****, she passed that new kid. She was about to speak to him, but then he clicked at her. Lotus looked at the boy, in which she thought he was unattractive, and released a deep growl from within her throat. She shoved past him and continued to the s****.
She began to feel exposed as if someone or something was watching over her. Then a ghostly figure appeared and spoke to her. To be honest she ignored him, thinking and wondering if she could walk through him and how it would feel. She stood there for a moment leaving an awkward silence before she shook her head and snapped back to reality.
" Sorry... Um... You're looking for something?"

Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:38 pm

Alice sat back and tried to relax as the two began to use her as their personal doll. She never wore makeup, but according to them her looks were too good to go to waste. Why did she need makeup? She was a witch hunter, and a demon slayer, and an exorcist. During these times she had learned to let her mind drift away and speak in binary while the two chattered. Opening one eye the totem user looked to her familiar. Watch what they go digging through, she thought, and the Pixie nodded in understanding. Phora didn't let the untouched mess with Alice's artifacts, which the totem used like toys.
The senior chewed on a granola bar and prayed that her friends didn't accidently incinerate themselves. "So, Amy, how are your grades? Not drifting too far behind Basil I hope?" She teased.

As the girl ran towards Daniel he began to freak out. "Wha-" He began quietly before she started to speak. "Okay, thanks?" He said after receiving the key. Didn't they have rooms already? The potential for this slipped past him at first. "OH!" He said, realizing he could hide the black tome there. He rushed back to his room, snatched it up, and returned, where he stuck the key into a door and popped it open. The room was bare. "I want an altar." And one appeared. He set the mysterious book on it. Very fitting, he thought. With a few more words, the room filled with eerie black candles, various Wicken things, posters of pagan Folk and Metal bands, and a half dozen or so different glass sculptures. "Hmm..." He muttered. "A cauldron would really put the room together..." A large black one appeared instantaneously, right in front of the altar. Nobody must ever know about this. Opening the magic book from the s**** library, he looked towards the guidelines of stereomancy, trying to mentally put together a working spell.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:15 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Evelyn's family history was quite interesting to Maximilian. Her whole family in general seemed to be quite an interesting bunch who truly cared for another and wished to only see their family members mature and grow. They were a proper family, even if most of them were essentially supernatural killers and hunters. It was refreshing to personally hear her talk about the values her family had instilled in her and how she was thankful that she wasn't some pampered brat. She seemed truly grateful for all she was given in life and to him it seemed obvious now why she was so stressed earlier, she wanted to be stronger to show her gratitude. Her family gave her the upbringing she needed to be the best at what she did, but now that she was alone and without her family it was completely up to her to continue towards that goal.

"I'm sure your father and mother are extremely proud of you." Maximilian allowed his body to slip gently off the side of the fountain until he was almost entirely lurched forward before he casually raised himself completely onto his feet. "Do you want to keep exploring?" He quickly shuffled himself onto another subject. "I got us hung up here talking for so long and I would hate to keep you from seeing the rest of the ruins."

Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:31 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Johnathan was more than overjoyed to find out that his sigils actually worked together so well, and wasn't afraid to show it in the form of a grin. All of his features the two had seemed to be spot on as well. Honestly he felt like he could kiss either Tsubaki or his clone right there and then. After all, it was Tsubaki that lifted his spirits. As well as Derrek he supposed. Johnny had wasted so much time thinking and focusing on the negative so much he didn't think of the positive aspects and what he can do, and what awaits him in the future, realizing he wasn't a regular Notatorum anymore. This was the first time he had felt like this since Alice and Li helped discover his Arte. Perhaps he was lacking raw power, however slowly but surely he was making up for that.

If he could somehow find a way to execute his sigils more quicker in battle, then it could prove to be more useful, as he heavily doubted his enemies would kindly sit there and wait as he sketched something like Fragor onto them. That's if he could first even get close enough to connect his weapon with them. However, he had memorized the sigils he already knows now so well and without effort. Maybe he was holding himself back? Or he wasn't trying hard enough? Or was he truly so weak that it was hindering his skills?

Realizing he went into deep thought, he snapped himself out of it, as Johnny II seemed to be expecting a command. Johnathan decided to order something easy and simple first, if he was his clone he could do everything he could do. "First, I would like for you to summon your weapons." Easy right?

-----

As Lloyd walked with Paolo, it was becoming more and more obvious that he was certainly... loud. Very. Soon the duo met up with three more people who seemed to be friends with Paolo, who greeted Lloyd and in returned greeted them all back. Was this group going to become his new untouched posse? So far they seemed to be alright and easy to get along with. With the exception of Harold, who he quickly assumed was the most quiet out of the group, though that may be due because of his earbuds, and Jerome solely because of his weird act, but he wasn't going to hold that against him. After being introduced, Lloyd began walking with them to the Archlight Plaza. 

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:54 pm

Logan could barely contain his excitement from all that he had learned about the artes, Antiquarium in particular. Of all that he had learned, however, nothing interested him more than the ability to communicate with the spirits of his ancestors. Once satisfied with the information he had gleaned from his studies, he went to the center of the library to attempt it. He called upon his ancestor, Allan McWilliam, as he would call upon the armaments, and then waited to see if he had been successful.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Damian waved with a smile as she left. It had been awhile since he had made a friend so easily. He felt his mood significantly improved. He would probably visit her later but for now, he only wanted to see what he was capable of. There was one student on his phone, Damian turned his focus to it. He then stopped the flow of power, effectively shutting off the phone. Damian only smirked to himself, as he unfortunately would receive no reward.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:03 am
Site Admin

OOC: Yes, because they share a room.
OOC2: After this post, everyone start to wrap up, the post after the next post following this one will be the next day.

Sir William, a paradigm of courteousness, took Lotus' behaviour in stride. It was, but a typical representation of the times at hand. Oh, how he longed for the days of chivalry, honour, and class. Nevertheless, he had dedicated his "unlife" to the Omnivident youths that came into his care and he would continue to do his duty. "Miss Lotus, I believe that was the question I came to ask of you. Unlike our foresighted club administrator, I am unable to know what it is you have come into the s**** looking for"

------------------------------------------------------------

Amy chuckled in response to Alice's question, as she gently pulled the brush through Alice's hair, "I'm sure a rock has better grades than Basil,"

"It's so weird" commented Harpreet while eating a chip "It's like, he's barely passing and he never goes to class, how has he not been kicked out of school?" she shook her head as she clucked with distaste "Such a shame, he was kinda cute, ya know?"

"Ew no!" yelled Amy, "Maybe if you're into the whole unwashed-hobo-rocker-thing, maybe" she looked up at Harpreet and her eyes widened in mock horror "Oh no. No no no no no no. You think you can fix him."

"Well, maybe I like bad boys-" replied Harpreet innocently while hugging a cushion.

"Do you here this Alice? If she goes on, I'm gonna throw up," she teased.

"Whatever" smiled Harpreet as she rolled her eyes.

"Speaking of which, I heard from Ashley, who heard from Bethany, who heard from Regina, who heard from Aliyah, who heard from Chantelle, who from James Wong, that you" she pointed at Alice as if she were convicting her "Were seen flirting with Brody at the Scrapshop the other day."

"Ahhhh Brooodyyyy" Harpreet fell back on the ground with her pillow pulled to her chest in a tight embrace, "Detailssss!!!"

--------------------------------------------------------

The most basic of elemental spells that Daniel was capable of performing were the Elemental Invoking spells. These spells were quite simple in that they required the magus to simply call upon the magical name of the element in order to have it magically appear. After, Daniel would be presented with two options, he could provide the elemental energy a command by pronouncing a spell, or simply manipulate it through his own will power alone. He was fortunate in that his own spiritual reserves were large enough, being a Vitrii Disciple, allowing him to not depend upon the whimsical ether force to power his magical talents.

The magical names of the elements are as follows:

Fire - Kakendare
Water - Rorinare
Earth - Orilare
Stone - Pidare
Ice - Fristigare
Wind - Lovolvare
Wood - Atosare
Plant - Rosesare
Glass - Hysulare

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Yeah sure," said Evelyn cheerfully as she took off into the air, hovering a foot over Maximilian, and then landing on the ground with a smile. "Did you have any place in mind?"

The clone wordlessly flicked its wrists and weapons resembling Johnny's iconic billhooks morphed from out of its hands. It was quite a sight to behold.

The boys walked together and in no time found themselves at the plaza. All the way there they had been laughing and joking about all manner of things, mostly led by Paolo who, as usual, was the loudest of the bunch. Even though it was getting a bit late, the plaza was still fairly bright with light. In one corner there was an arcade, quite an old fashioned commodity, but it had charm. In the centre, there was a large 24 hour convenience store. Tucked into a corner opposite from the arcade, was a small candy store. The owner of the store was sweeping as he prepared to get ready to close.

"Run guys! Sweet Eats is closing in half an hour!" called Paolo, and he quickly ran to the store, leaving the rest of them behind. Jerome looked over at Lloyd, mildly embarrassed for his friend.

"Yeah, Paolo...he has a bit of a sweet tooth" he shrugged "Since you're new, we'll let you decide what we do tonight. Usually we would've been at the arcade by now, but we left a bit late today, and they're going to close in an hour. The convenience store is, well, a convenience store. Not too many surprises in that. Unless, you're craving for some candy as well, then feel free to run on ahead as well"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It was quite easy locating the centre of the library. There was a circular skylight above it, and various markings on the ground around the perimeter of where the sunlight hit the ground. It was apparent that various rituals had occurred here in the past. It was here that Logan made a call for his ancestor, and it was there that his ancestor successfully responded, appearing before him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It was true, by using his powers Damian was slowly grasping how his powers over electricity also extended into manipulation of electronic objects. There was so much of his power that remained untapped.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:13 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus stared at the ghost. She thought his outfit was funny. She kept the same blank expression adorn her face. Although this time she was paying attention. The way the ghost spoke confused her. "Look Mr. Weird Ghost Guy, I didn't understand half of what you just said. All I know is I need to learn...adda-...adamore...I think that's what it was called. So I'm just gonna go." She looked up to see three others across the room. She walked over, trying to act cool and elegant. Until she tripped and fell with a loud thud. Lotus quickly snapped straight up and continued walking with that 'I meant to do that' attitude. When she got close enough the sight of two boys that looked exactly the same confused her...." So are you guys like twins?" she asked Johnny.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Alice rolled her eyes. She could fix Basil. There wasn't much to tell about Brody. But how the hell did James Wong find out? Maybe she should investigate. It wouldn't do to have the nosy idiot blow their cover, or get himself mauled by a monster. "Well let's see, I was getting, uhh, a car battery, for..." Her voice trailed off. She should've thought this through. "A science experiment! I was building an anti-gravity generator. Yes. A-and there he was! So we talked about... Cars." A moment of awkward silence followed. Alice cleared her throat. "I think I'm going to kick James Wong's a**."

The freshman magister studied the description carefully. This seemed much better than that other form of magic he'd tried before. "Rosesare!" Daniel shouted, loudly and clearly, a rare thing for the boy.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:29 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

"Well... They're a lot of places around here I'd like to see, but it is getting kind of late into the day." Maximilian didn't wish to tie Evelyn up to himself all day. He assumed she had things to do and people to see and already he had eaten into so much of her free time. "But I suppose if there was one place I'd appreciate getting to visit before it gets any later, I'd quite like to find a way on the walls." His eyes leisurely climbed upwards towards the very peak of the walls before he continued on. "I'd like to see this place and the world about it in its entirety. Must seem quite boring to you-" Maximilian shrugged as he turned his attention away from the walls and back towards Evelyn. "-I'm sure you've already looked over this whole place from the sky once or twice already." It seemed now foolish in retrospect to ask Evelyn, who could fly, to climb up some wall just look over the city, so he quickly reconsidered. "That's just my input though, I'm sure there's someplace around here you'd love to see. So let's hear it!"

Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:23 am

The power that the sigils the boy had amazed Tsubaki. She knew that her own arte could produce an imperfect version of its disciple using KIHDFJOE, but still, this was a flawless copy, not even Tsubaki's own mother had done anything like this (at least not in front of her daughter). And it seemed Johnny had complete control over it, even commanding it to further mimic him by calling forth weapons. It almost seemed like the clone actually used magic, but Tsubaki dismissed the idea, after all it didn't have anyway to do so.

"Wow," Tsubaki said wide-eyed, "the best human I can make looks something like this."

She moved her finger in the motion of her drawing a stick figure that lingered a few seconds before dissipating. About then Lotus tripped and fell next to Tsubaki and the two Johnnys.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:27 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 98  Next