The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:23 pm

[ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Meta Knight 

MGN Username: FluffyRuff
Was practicing again and found out that if :metaknight: grabs someone at the very end of the stage and down throws them, they end up getting spiked but it may not kill.

Edit: I'm trying to do it again and I keep failing now lol.

2 Edit: Ok, So I had meta knight at the very edge of the map, and right when the opponent will try to get back on stage, but you can grab them, you can then down throw and it should act like a spike.

Practicing: :yoshi:

Last edited by darkrinorex on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:33 pm

A good tip for fighting :bowser: (that I sorta learned the hard way), even tho bowser is a big hit box, if you don't perfect or time right the up air string combo, :bowser: down b will destroy you (idk if :yoshi: down b is just as strong).

Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:58 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Bowser Bomb is propably the least effective combo tool in the game, even for a character like :bowser:

So, I played some MK. Those of you who know me are propably guessing that Im going to rant once again, and guess what, youre right! Im just going to put my random thoughts on some changes to Beta MK down below.

Rant of salt: show
* Lets start with something minor - our grab. 0.9b MK had the most "off" grab in the game, seeing as he couldnt grab opponents right infront of him, but in turn had a grab that reached very far out. As I expected, this was ironed out, and our grab is now more reasonable and works as it should both afar and upclose. While this means no more Melee Marth callbacks, we can now properly shieldgrab against poorly spaced aerials, so Ill be quiet

* UTilt. This is where Im starting to get a bit pissed. New animation looks clean, no doubt. Hitting the move seems to be rewarding as well, so no complaint here either. My big gripe is the animation not fitting the hitbox at all anymore. For reference: Beta UTilt has an animation that clearly indicates a horizontal range buff at the loss of the back hitbox, and this is true. Well, except for the whole "bigger horizontal range" part. The new hitbox feels incredibly small and kinda "cuts off" once it reaches MKs head. Im fine with the full body coverage being gone, but at least make the move hit the space it looks like it hits. MK doesnt need a Royzone.

* Speaking of the Royzone, USmash has fallen to this disease as well. Maybe Im just doing it entirely wrong, but USmash lost almost all its usage against grounded opponents from what I can tell rn. The hitbox also feels notably worse now, having less range (I think) and linking worse than it did and should imo. I cant even tell if its still the good combo starter rn because I actually havent gotten it to properly work yet. The smaller hitbox also means the loss of our other grounded anti-air other than UTilt, and with both being considerably worse than before now, I kinda want one of them back to old form. USmash preferably, assuming UTilt hitboxes properly match in the future.

* Down Air. I am really trying to be as un-rude as possible, but whoever was in charge for that one is in dire need of a punch to the head. The move still has its 0.9b startup - which I am fine with - but the knockback of the move has gone down to what roughly equals a weak Knee, if not worse. Question is, why? Why does a move with FSmash-esque startup have so incredibly little KB? The angle of the move is still the same as well (or maybe even sends higher), which makes Dair entirely obsolete as an edgeguarding tool now. If the move had a lower angle or a small meteor hitbox at the very tip of the move (nothing strong either) or a major KB buff or just not the year of startup it has rn I would be happy, but as of now Dair is propably the worst move in our kit. It saddens me, really. Just do something about it please.

* Midair jumps. I honestly cant tell if Dair being trash now or... whatever the hell our midair jumps are now was the worse change going from 0.9b to Beta. To give an explanation, MKs jumps now gradually decrease in height. The 3rd midair jump only barely keeps him at the same height, and the last two jumps go so low now that they actually lose height. What kind of counterintuitive stuff is that? If I press the jump button I kinda expect to go up, and not down, ya know :chibirobo: I get that some sort of nerf was more than neccessary given MKs busted offstage game, but Im not sure if that was the right choice. Maybe a PM-esque approach would be better, restoring MKs jumps to what they used to be, but limiting his number of midair jumps to three instead?

Im also requesting Uair hitboxes to be moved more to the center of the move. Currently Uair has 0 range in front, but rivals Bair in terms of backwards coverage. Im assuming this is intentional, but it feels very off to say the least.

Maybe Im just too used to my "broken top tier" that gave me "free wins" and I just need to adapt and git gud and "find another top tier to "tier whore with", but I honestly would prefer it if MK didnt feel so... wrong to play as much as he does right now.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:30 pm

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
MK's uptilt hitbox does correspond to his animation wtf u mean my b

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:42 am

Ok, now i'm at the point where I feel like :metaknight: tornado should have heavy or super armor. :metaknight: being hit out of his tornado doesn't feel right with me (not including smash attacks). He already can't move till he lands after the tornado and can be punished for it.

So yeah, others may disagree, but I think his tornado needs to have heavy or super armor ( :megaman: has super armor on his up b for some reason, so why not).

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:07 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
MM's up-B has super armor because it doesn't have a hitbox. Can you imagine how OP MK tornado would be with super armor? Imagine someone Falcon Punches the tornado, only to get hit. Would that feel right?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:18 pm

MGN Username: Jeffdebrine
Currently Playing: Ssf2,ssbb,mariokart wii
Waifu: zero suit samus
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
MM's up-B has super armor because it doesn't have a hitbox. Can you imagine how OP MK tornado would be with super armor? Imagine someone Falcon Punches the tornado, only to get hit. Would that feel right?

i agree cause even when he was at his best in brawl as a broken top tier you could still stop his tornado(i think diddy kongs peanut or banana peel was one of the only moves that could stop his tornado.) :ichigo:

In beta ill see :gameandwatch: and pit

Secondaries:
:pikachu:

Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:58 pm

After playing some more online (with a lot less lag cause I got some people in my region to play with :mrgreen: ), I've started to see (maybe it's just me) that a lot of character seem to out range :metaknight: or at-least :bowser: :donkeykong: maybe :naruto: do.

So I then figured out, I have to learn how to space them out and bait attack and then get in.

At first I thought he was a good rush in character who had good ground game, but I was wrong.

You need to bait a lot of attacks to get in, and someone said he had a speed nerf? Imo that could be for why :metaknight: has to space people out instead of just trying to get in and do combos.

Besides the speed, don't :marth: mains feel the same way when playing :marth: or any other sword character besides :isaac: ?

Up tilt is punishable (imo)

Hates getting hit by strong up airs

I think most up airs like :luigi: s can even connect well on :metaknight: (I could be wrong, but this isn't smash 4 where you can easily air dodge out of most hits, and yes, I do try hitting to try get out of combos since you can't air dodge like you can in smash 4).

Tornado is punishable

Up special is punishable

Down special is punishable and can get your self killed (I know most know this already but i'm just saying).

Side b is punishable if used on stage imo (cause you can end up getting hydrant off or something, sometimes not grabbing the ledge will lead to your death cause of how far back the end of side b goes, and if on stage, they can catch you if you side b in the air).

So I think you need to bait out a lot of moves, and practice using those main moves I just said is punishable and practice recovery with up b and side b (I honestly don't feel like relying on tornado to get on ledge, but that's just me).

But learning how to space/bait moves out, edge guard which he is amazing at doing (edge guarding) and teching are somethings you need to really learn to do with :metaknight:

Can't get combo-ed easily? Yeah.. Idk about that, atleast when it comes to maybe fighting :donkeykong: whily your in the air :fox: and :naruto: (unless maybe you know how to tech, then maybe not :naruto: ) .

These are just my opinion though.

Any thoughts?

Edit: I know I suggested some dum buffs, but If I could suggest another, it would be more range in his moves or speed (but keep his power) imo.

Edit 2: Because :metaknight: has small arms (keep that in mind) don't try to spam grab, make sure you are actually in position at the right time to grab (probably obvious but just saying).

Last edited by darkrinorex on Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:37 pm

you wrote:
If I could suggest another
If you lose, blame it on yourself, not on the character.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:24 pm

bunq wrote:
you wrote:
If I could suggest another
If you lose, blame it on yourself, not on the character.

So I should tell all the bottom tier and :kirby: mains that too?

Edit: Btw, i'm not saying :metaknight: is bad. I was just finding out his weaknesses and hoping to show people to play a little more different with :metaknight: then just trying to run in and combo and stuff like they may have used to in earlier demos, that was mainly what that post was about.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:50 pm

Yes. You are a player, not a dev. Blaming the tools you chose devalues your play and discourages learning.
Yes, Meta Knight has weaknesses. If he didn't, it would sure suck playing againt him.

Edit: Sorry for the snark. Finding better ways of playing Meta Knight is a very good thing. That's how you get better, by finding better ways to play, rather than asking the devs to make your current playstyle more effective.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:07 pm

bunq wrote:
Yes. You are a player, not a dev. Blaming the tools you chose devalues your play and discourages learning.
Yes, Meta Knight has weaknesses. If he didn't, it would sure suck playing againt him.

..I'm not blaming tools.. I'm just saying his weaknesses.. and I don't discourage learning?? what?? I'm still practicing with :metaknight: to figure even more things out in other MUs I haven't played yet..

All that post was saying is that he has some weaknesses (that some people may or may not know of, and should be careful using certain moves like down b or side b..) and I feel like he gets out ranged by some characters, so they have to play :metaknight: differently maybe by spacing/baiting moves out or something..

That's all i'm really/mostly saying..

If this is because of the range buff I suggested at the end of that post, I was thinking that while thinking about bowser or speed cause of how good fox is tbh, but if the buff won't happen that's alright.. I can still find other types of ways to make :metaknight: look like a really good character, but it was just a suggestion I had if there was to be any change to him.

Last edited by darkrinorex on Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:12 pm

I edited my post a bit. Most of your post was very good. It's just the asking for buffs that I have an issue with.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:17 pm

bunq wrote:
I edited my post a bit. Most of your post was very good. It's just the asking for buffs that I have an issue with.

The reason I said this buff was because I feel like of weird with non sword characters like bowser (maybe) able to out range a sword character like :metaknight: , Idk if :marth: players feel like they shouldn't be getting out ranged (if they are) either.

Edit: Tho :metaknight: has small arms, so I guess it makes sense but it still feels weird to me lol. Going to have to get use to it a lot and play a little campy maybe?? /:|

Last edited by darkrinorex on Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:19 pm

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
mk has cute smol arms.
no bulli mk range.

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:24 pm
 [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next