The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:29 pm

[ 14 posts ] 
Clear Nodame 

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Name: Clear Nodame
Race: Human
Equipment:
Chakram Feeders:
Special wrist mechanisms that feed his chakrams into his hands, each one can hold 100 chakrams. These mechanisms wrap around his entire forearm, thus being able to hold all 100 chakrams. There are 50 stored on the bottom part of his forearm and 50 on the top in groups of 5. When they run out, Clear has to manually rotate them. He rotates them by a special spring latch that needs to be pulled. When pulled, the feeder will rotate at a high speed, in a clockwise direction.

Mini Chakrams
Each chakram is 3cm is diameter and is paper thin, yet sturdy enough to cut cleanly through 1 inch thick wood. They have a smooth, sharpened edge that is meant to create clean cuts through enemies. Most of the chakrams are silver except for the last one in each group of 50. This indicates to clear that he has to rotate the feeder(s).

Y
Y is a Lever Action Rifle that Clear will use before his chakrams because, well it’s a gun and if you had a choice between guns and throwing chakrams, common sense would kick in and you would pick the more powerful one. The Y can hold 10 shots before having to reload it like a shotgun. It can be held in one hand because of its compact size. It’s not as long as an average rifle but long enough to be considered a rifle. Because of its compact size, Clear usually gives it a flick to reload it. He has several different bullet types. Your basic bullet, armour piercing rounds, and tracer rounds. He usually carries around 40 regular shots and 10 of the other 2 types, for 60 bullets in total.

Z
Z is his motorbike that Clear uses for transport. It has a low handlebar and a far front wheel. The fuel tank and the seat are both black. It has special tires meant to go through most terrain.

Appearance: Clear stands at a height of 5’8 and is about 140 lbs. Clear wears a black cabby hat that has white lining around the bill. It fits snugly on his head and lets his hair sit in its regular position. On the note of his hair, it’s a very dark brown, almost black colour that is cut in a bob like cut, with the bangs in a swept position. It is about neck length and the bangs cover his eye a bit. He wears a loosely fitted white scarf that hangs all the way to his but. It is loosely fitted on so Clear can fit his mouth behind easily. He wears a thick black blazer and some black baggy pants. When he’s in a place that is hot, he takes off the blazer, revealing a white t-shirt. He also will change into some light blue shorts if possible. He will keep on his hat at almost all times. When riding on Z, he will put on some goggles that are in a compartment on the bike.

Personality: Clear has a much determined personality. He’s willing to do things for people but won’t necessarily enjoy it. Even if he hates doing something, he won’t show it. He also has a tendency to call people morons a lot. He is very sarcastic around his friends and his enemies. Most of the time, Clear will have a serious look on his face.

Bio: Clear lived in the snowy northern region when growing up, hence his hefty clothing. He lived in a small wooden house in a small village. His father worked as a mechanic and his mother helped out in the house. He grew up as the small, shy kid, with no friends. That is until one day he met this one girl. Her name was Carina Memphis. She was a very enthusiastic girl, who was always excited about everything. It was one time in school when they were both 7. As always, Clear was sitting in the corner being alone and shy. Carina saw him and decided to talk with him. For once, Clear felt like he had a friend that wasn’t his family. They became best friends ever since that day.

By the age of 16 Clear actually had more friends and he and Carina were dating. This was the prime of his life. He had good grades, a lot of friends, and was with the love of his life. Things couldn’t have gone better. Despite living in a small, cold, town, everything is Clear’s life was perfect.

On the day that Clear turned 18, his father decided to give him a special gift. Y and Z. Y was a hand crafted gun made by his father. And Z was an effort by his father and his friends for Clear. As if Clear’s life wasn’t perfect enough, he now was allowed to go hunting on his own. It was all going well until that day.

Every few years, a few girls are taken from their homes in order to serve the queen as maids in her castle. The “Fetcher” as it is called, is a very frowned upon job. At night, it comes and literally pulls girls straight out of their beds. It was a very unpleasant thing to happen. The word got around that the Fetcher is coming to their town. Everyone was very scared, hoping it wasn’t them, or someone close to them.

The next morning, there were a handful of girls missing. The one that stood out the most was Carina. She was gone. Clear was crushed, and went out in an all out rage. He didn’t know what to do at a time like this. Almost all his life, it was perfect, with barely any problems. For once in his life, he had a major issue do deal with. It wasn't easy, but he tried to go through with it.

Two years went by. Almost everyone forgot about what happened two years ago. The only one who remember was Clear. He lived the last two years of his life in deep depression, failing at school and staying home all day. Finally he had a talk with his parents about it. He decided he can’t just sit here and do nothing. He had to get her back. Many people saw what he was doing and wanted to join, but Clear shunned then. It was a personal matter.

One night, he set out without telling anyone. He didn’t what to worry anyone. All he did was leave a note saying “I’ll get her back” on his bed. He set off, riding on Z with Y strapped to him and several bullets. In the snowy outskirts of town, Z ran out of gas during a snowstorm. Clear forgot to fill up the gas tank before he left. Now he had to drag Z all the way until he finds somewhere to get some fuel. It felt like an eternity, walking along a cold, deserted, plain, while dragging a motorcycle. Clear couldn`t take much more of it. He collapsed in the middle of the icy field, thinking back “Was it worth it...”

The cold was gone. Clear felt like something was going on. Slowly opening his eyes, he saw a burning fire and a man. The man looked around 60 and was sitting a small desk, writing something. Clear sat up from the bed he was lying in and looked around. His jacket, hat, and scarf were sitting on a chair beside him. The old man noticed Clear had woken up. He introduced himself as Gary Blackman. He was a mechanic who lost everything trying to create something big but ultimately failed. Now he resides in a small home in the middle of the tundra, creating things for his own personal use. He is completely self maintained, and doesn’t live near any towns in need to buy food. Gary saw Clear lying down outside, next to his bike while he went out hunting for food. Clear was almost freezing to death when he saw him, so Gary brought him back and his bike to his house. He was about to give Clear some food when suddenly a bandit broke into the house and held a knife up to Gary. Clear saw his gun leaning against the wall past the chair and was going to grab it, but he didn’t know if there were bullets loaded. He decided not to risk it. Thinking on his toes, Clear saw some metal discs on the table on the other side of the bed. He quickly grabbed it and threw it like a Frisbee at the bandit. It hit his arm, and from the sudden pain, the bandit fell unconscious.

In high relief, Gary asked Clear why he was out there and where he was going. Clear explained it all as best as he could. Gary was completely moved by this story and wanted to do something for Clear, he did save his life so he figured he should pay him back. He noticed how well his aim was when he threw the disc. Gary suggested he invent some sort of mechanism that would feed multiple discs into his hands for quicker throwing. As Clear declined it with his humble nature, Gary insisted that he would make it for him. So Clear stayed with Gary for several days while they were being made, occasionally helping out.

It took about five days for Gary to create the Chakram Feeders and five hundred chakram. Clear was very grateful to Gary, and insisted to come back here if he needed repairs on anything. Now with a full tank and a new gadget, Clear was ready to continue his quest.

Extra: The world Clear is from has a technology level of the Wild West, with guns and all and trains just to clear (no pun intended) things up. Also I have yet to determine what his motor bike is powered by.
-------------------------------

I am satisfied with everything except the bio, I think I can write it better.

Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:52 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: KingTremolo
Currently Playing: Super Mario 64, Monster Hunter 4, Sonic Generations
This character needs more credit than he's gettin'.
That was really good, I could well imagine if someone made a book, comic, or movie out of this, it would be awesome.

Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:56 pm

~♥~Angel~♥~ wrote:
That was really good, I could well imagine if someone made a book, comic, or movie out of this, it would be awesome.

Thanks, but right now I want some insight on some RP pros without spamming their inboxes :sweat:

Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:30 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: KingTremolo
Currently Playing: Super Mario 64, Monster Hunter 4, Sonic Generations
Halysoy wrote:
~♥~Angel~♥~ wrote:

Thanks, but right now I want some insight on some RP pros without spamming their inboxes :sweat:

Well, sadly... that's not me....

Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:53 pm

His father gave him a motorbike?

Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:36 pm

xnejihatakex19 wrote:

Yes

Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:38 pm

Halysoy wrote:
xnejihatakex19 wrote:

Yes

In a Wild West-esque world?

Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:39 pm

xnejihatakex19 wrote:
Halysoy wrote:
xnejihatakex19 wrote:

Yes

In a Wild West-esque world?

It has the technology level of the wild west. It's not exactly the same as the west so a motorbike could have been made.

Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:45 pm
Site Admin

Alright so this seems like a well thought-out character though I don't quite understand why the gun was named Y and the motorbike Z, just curious^.^. Also you said that he failed his classes after his girlfriend was kid though at that happened after/ during he was 18 was he still in school school or was this some sort of higher education post-secondary school?

Also as a suggestion maybe the motorbike is powered by coal since I think coal was big back in the wild west era...though I could be wrong <.< Just a bit of touch ups and grammar and word choice. My old English teacher said that reading out loud to yourself is very helpful, if you stumble over the words or find yourself lost or feel that something is lacking, you'll notice it and fix it. I like the mini chakram thing, clever weapon.

Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:59 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Haly, the "father giving him this" thing is extremely cliché. You'd be better off just saying he bought it.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:52 pm
YIM WWW

Kittenpuncher wrote:
Haly, the "father giving him this" thing is extremely cliché. You'd be better off just saying he bought it.

or stole it.
stole it... bike...
lol...

Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:31 pm

xnejihatakex19 wrote:
Kittenpuncher wrote:

or stole it.
stole it... bike...
lol...

Lol, no stealing bikes. How about he built it?

Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:36 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Is he an engineer?

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:32 am

Thaiberium wrote:
Is he an engineer?

Father worked as a mechanic and same with Gary, so I guess I could fit in somewhere that he built a motor bike out of scrap parts he found and stuff with the mechanic knowledge that he got from his dad and hopefully make it less cliche.

Kiki wrote:
Alright so this seems like a well thought-out character though I don't quite understand why the gun was named Y and the motorbike Z, just curious^.^. Also you said that he failed his classes after his girlfriend was kid though at that happened after/ during he was 18 was he still in school school or was this some sort of higher education post-secondary school?

Also as a suggestion maybe the motorbike is powered by coal since I think coal was big back in the wild west era...though I could be wrong <.< Just a bit of touch ups and grammar and word choice. My old English teacher said that reading out loud to yourself is very helpful, if you stumble over the words or find yourself lost or feel that something is lacking, you'll notice it and fix it. I like the mini chakram thing, clever weapon.

The whole name of the gun and the bike is kind of a personal thing with me. The education system...never thought about that. I guess I'll fit in somewhere that the education system is different in some way.

I guess I know what to do for Clear vr. 0.2 when I revise it

Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:42 am
 [ 14 posts ]