The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:35 pm

[ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
My Ultimate Plan 
Site Moderator

Don't worry Kyzak, my friend. It may return, but for now, I'll need your help designing a new type of RP. I only need two more, then I'll choose the top three to be voted on.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:35 am

Currently Playing: The Game
bluemage77 wrote:
Failed is the wrong word for it. They were placed in the wrong atmosphere. Many do not consider the importance of the story, therefore RP's cannot flourish correctly.

I consider an RP a failure if it has been lost in inactivity or disinterest.

@Bold part: Someone really should have told me that, so that I may go elsewhere to seek an audience who would participate in RPs such as mine, where the story plays an important part as any character.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:29 pm
Site Moderator

There you go, this place isn't suitable for the type of story related RP that I know. Other types need to be created to grow here.

Jin wrote:

Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:11 pm
Site Admin

Er...I was planning on returning with all my evilness ...I was just waiting for you guys to get out of the base.

Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:40 pm
Site Moderator

Yes, Kiki, you played your part magnificently. But not all are as involved and skilled as you are. You must understand that this isn't the environment to start a serious story. I'm still perusing my mind collection, though. I'm sure I'll find a good last idea underneath an old stack of TV ads up in there.

Jin wrote:

Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:05 pm
Site Admin

I shall count the seconds until your next RP.

Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:08 pm

I quit your RPG because you killed your 'story' to introduce Kiki's character... and the forced bio. If the 'story' RP you know is no custom character development and off-the-wall substories that take away from the main plot then I don't like 'story' RPGs. The two RPGs I've seen you make I wouldn't call 'serious'.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:37 am
Site Moderator

Aw, you're just saying that cuz you're so gosh darn cute!! *huggles* No worries, I'll find you a little slice of cake. It isn't all gone.

BLAM!!

First idea!! A ""Choose Your Own Adventure" story! Eh? You guys create the main character and decide what style and type of story he embarks on. You even get to customize his skills, abilities, his background story, and better yet what he does during the story itself.

Pros: Great character customization, CYOA's have been quite popular since their initial release, story can shift any way the player decides.

Cons: Very limited in lieu of people that can customize the main characters, some people don't like reading a part of a story and deciding what to do next based on choices the storyteller comes up with.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second idea!!!!!!!!!!!! A "Point and Click" RP!! Eh? You guys fully customize your characters based on the template I create and adventure into a dungeon, valley, ruins, etc. Links and parts of the story start to unfold as you venture deeper into the abyss.

Pros: Great character customization, keeps the player involved with constant choices on what to do next, extremely player driven content.

Cons: Extremely player driven content, some don't like point and click RP's, resembles a D&D type of game but without the dice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third idea!!!!!!!!!!! A game show type of RP. Another "House of Despair" type of game can be brought back. I have worked out bugs involving player to player interaction, so it won't crawl by so slowly anymore.

Pros: Several players can play at once, player customizes everything about their character, some like the creepy, sinister appeal of death games.

Cons: Some dislike the creepy, sinister appeal of death games, some hate waiting while another player finishes his or her turn (I have a plan for this.), and some just plain don't like being thrown into a room or labyrinth and forced to fight monsters or answer impossible riddles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's what I got so far. Tell me which ones you guys think could work.

Jin wrote:

Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:26 pm

Curses to you and your cake, it is a lie anyways.

2 is the only one that peaks my interest.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:39 pm
Site Moderator

My f*** b**** a** f*** f*** God. No more cake is a lie jokes. They piss the s*** out of me.

Ok, one vote for number 2!!! BOOOOOM!!!

Jin wrote:

Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:49 pm

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
...CYOA.

I WANTED TO DO THAT.

But, it'd fail if I did it.

So, I vote for 1.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:53 pm

Location: not here!!!!!! Location: i alredy told u Location: quit asking!!! Location: glitchy thing!
i vote 3. if it weren't for the 2-day waits for a single post, the house of despair would have been really fun.

Default: Haingi
Purple: Hollow
Orange: Uchiwa
Blue: Orine

Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:56 pm
Site Moderator

One: 1
Two: 1
Three: 1

This is annoying. Haha, but keep the input coming! It'll help if I get suggestions.

Jin wrote:

Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:58 pm

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
Loved House of Despair.

Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:17 pm
Site Moderator

One: 1
Two: 1
Three: 2

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. Looks like the game show is winning... I wonder if it will return...

Jin wrote:

Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:51 pm
 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next