The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 12:42 am

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Waifu: I'm married
OOC: yo infinity was that power okay-d by kiki, and lotus you can't just decide things are imaginary

Alice watched the kid squirm. "Chill out! I know you got tackled but I'm not gonna break your arm or anything! Not without a healer, at least..."

"I think I might like to be punished, if you know wha-" Derrek began before suddenly flinching. "Fine-fine-FINE! DAMN IT! I'll put on your dumb armor, you psychopath! Let me go!"

"Am I that scary?" Alice said with a laugh. "You flatter me." She gazed down at the boy with one eye open. "I really do think you'd rather be punished, but if you want to train now that's fine with me." She got up and smoothed her skirt over. "Here's your armor~" She said as she handed it to him and removed the lightning glove. "Now, Phora, our swords please... Phora?" Alice looked around. There was no sign of the pixie. "It looks like she got distracted somehow. Shall we take a stroll and look for her?"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:24 am
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Ooc: Ain't had time for a long post, this is to get things moving.
Damian walked in behind Johnny and Evelyn, stopping once he was several feet inside to take a look around.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:25 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
OOC: yeah i pm'd her about it a few weeks ago i think 

Lloyd disregarded the failed fireball because it was imaginary, and because it was still relatively a new power. He made a mental note to work with that later. Nevertheless, he knew that was uncalled for. It was a shame his plan didn't work though. 

"Look Lloyd, I really don't want to fight. So, I can't believe I'm saying this, wanna go study at the library? ...So can we?" He was tempted to brush the hair that had fallen over her face, but soon she began to go through a multitude of sneezes. 

"That's the best idea I've heard all day!" Including his own, seemingly going back to his early jolly, free-flowing demeanor. Why hadn't he thought of that earlier? Going back atop Grayson, he extended his hand. It would be so much in life easier if he didn't have to hide his abilities in the general populace. "I know you wouldn't rather walk all the way there." He then gave an expecting look towards Phora with an eyebrow raised. 

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:13 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus stood there for a brief second before she reluctantly grabbed Lloyd's hand with her cold hand. Once up there she began to wonder how to properly sit on the griffin so she wouldn't kiss the dirt. She stared at the griffin's back.
" um.. How do you even ride him?"

Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:33 pm

At Alice's last sentence Derrek's face went through several stages of disbelief, starting with "Seriously" and ending with "Uuuuugh", accompanied by a similar sound. "But I just put on this armor, and it has weight, and I think its on backwards", he complained.

And it was most definitely on backwards.

---

After a significant pause, Tsubaki glanced around nervously. "Ah, did I say something in Japanese again?" she grasped at her mouth as she continued. "Oh gosh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, it just happens sometimes!"

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Alice huffed and looked Derrek over. If Adi was here, he would've labled him a 'noob for life'. "It most definitely is on backwards!" She said. "Let's get that fixed. Relax your little body for me!" With little effort, she removed the armor and fit it back on snugly. "Remember this! The side with the cross on it is the front, okay? Now, let's go look for my pixie." Turning on her heel, she led the way down through the streets. "Such beautiful architecture! We need to hook this place up with electricity and get some technology in here. Make it our little paradise. What do you think?"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:31 pm
YIM WWW

OOC: Whoops I forgot the others

Phora looked up at Lloyd atop his griffin with stars in her eyes. Suddenly she became loud and rancorous. "f*** yeah! Move over tiger!" She flitted into the air and landed right on Lotus' lap. "Go go GO!" She shouted and threw her arms around the boy's waist.

Evelyn, meanwhile, led the two boys to an empty field to the east. Once there, she sat underneath a tree and observed the two boys. "Damian, I want you to sit and cross your legs like me." She said. "Next, I want you to think of the most terrifying thing you've ever experienced. Truly relive it. Feel the terror grip your heart."
She looked to Johnny. "Summon your billhooks. Swing at the lower branches on this tree, aiming for the joints where the branches branch off, or where there's a sudden angle to it. You sould slice clean through. That is the specialty of the billhook; slicing through joints like it's nothing."

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:23 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Lloyd gave Lotus a mischevious smile. "I think you're a little scared." He teased, though there was a sense of irritablity and superirority in his voice that was difficult to pick out. "But don't worry, I've been doing this ever since I learned how to tame Grayson. it might seem frightening, but you'll get over it quickly, or at least I did." As Phora came aboard, Lloyd turned his head slightly to speak, his mischevious smile still visible. "Is Alice okay with this? You riding Grayson I mean."

"A better question would be why are they both on my back." Grayson grumbled in his native griffin tongue so the others couldn't hear them speak.

"I don't see a problem with this at all," Lloyd responded fluently in Grayson's language, "And it's just to the library. With your speed we should be there in no time."

"The issue isn't about speed. It's about pride. Did you know Phora tried to humiliate me by trying to tame me yesterday during capture the flag?"

"Well, no, but you're stronger than letting another totem do that and you know it. Besides, it could be fun.

Grayson made a noise but didn't respond. Lloyd waited for Phora's response before leaving, though Grayson slowly started to get higher in the air.
_________

Summoning his billhooks, Johnny quickly spotted the spot Evelyn mentioned and swung his left one and attempted to slash through both of them at once. She definitely wasn't the kind of teacher he had in mind, but at least he had one. Seeing the two of them like that reminded him. He hadn't practiced since it's discovery yesterday. For now it was best to keep it a secret, as only Miss Rachel knew about it, though Evelyn might have suspicions due to her abilities.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:23 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus grunted. "I'm not afraid. I just thought Grayson would rather my claws remain out of his hide." She manifested her claws. "unless that's ok." she smiled back at Lloyd. The smile would have been scary if she didn't begin another series of sneezes. She fired the sneezes downward at her lap. She finally stopped. She looked down only to realize phora was in her lap. Lotus didn't even feel phora land there, but she couldn't stop laughing at the snot covered pest.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:00 pm

After Sir William's brief lesson, the spirit quickly vanished. The students followed suit, disappearing through the gate to Apollon. Logan, however, remained behind.
"You still there, William?" The Scot asked, though he already knew the answer. "I'd like to speak to you about something."

Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:50 pm
Site Moderator

Maximilian shrugged. "I'm not very keen on the whole training idea, though I wouldn't protest if that were something you were into. I mean, if it were all the same to you I'd rather just take it easy and maybe watch the others." He stretched forth his arms almost immediately after he finished speaking as if he were trying to reinforce the idea that he was tired or felt faint.

"I'll leave the tough decisions like this to you though, partner. Just lead the way."

Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:35 pm
Site Admin

"Do pray tell, young Master Douglas" suddenly spoke the armoured ghost, with his glowing blue eyes peering through the slit of his helmet.

The boy was not shocked by the ghost's sudden appearance "Well, who are you?" he asked, and then paused realizing his question was fairly broad in nature "I mean, how were summoned here. Most ghosts tend to lose their humanity over time, yet you've been here in Arclight for as long as its been opened, and you're still the same."

Sir William smiled, or so Logan thought, the ghost's countenance seemed to imply an amused expression. "Ah yes, you truly are an Antiquarum, young Master Douglas. I was summoned here long ago by a student much like yourself, my descendant in fact. Josiah Sterling, brother to the second head master of this fine Academy, and son of Ephraim Sterling, its founder.

He summoned me here as a young omnivident, instructed by the grammar teacher Doctor Lawrence Dawn, a fine gentleman, and respected relative of your own Lady Dawn. He himself became the instructor of the omnivident youths at this academy when he came of age, though he masqueraded as a teacher of mathematics while here."

Sir William sighed, the ghostly chain links clinking as he shifted his body, "We spent many years together, and have gone through the darkest of days. Josiah and I experienced the Fifth and Sixth War of Souls together. In fact, we were on the front lines throughout the Sixth War of Souls. Eventually however, Josiah's body began to grow weary with age, as we all do, yet he did not want to abandon the school, even though his niece had taken over the operation of the school quite well. It was then that I proposed to him that I would stay on the premises and I would protect and guide the children who would come to walk down these halls, particularly you Omnivident children."

Logan absorbed the information with an eager heart, before him he was getting an actual recount of the things that had transpired in the past. He was learning things that many of the history books didn't talk about, or that even Miss Rachel, or Mr. Albright before her had never mentioned. There was so much to the world of spirits and omnivident that he didn't know.

"Yes, but you've maintained your humanity. How?"

"Ah yes," nodded the ghost "That is the power of the Antiquarum, the spirits that you deal with most commonly echoes of souls that have left this realm. The Antiquarum's spirit draws on a familiar spirit from beyond the earthly realms and it's spiritual parallel, reaching into the mysteries of the great beyond. Thus, I am the true living spirit of the man I once was. The power of the Antiquarum preserves my spirit and prevents it from unravelling into base emotions and confusion, that you often find the torment spirits that you have come to hunt.

Furthermore, my essence has been bound to these grounds by an object. It is something that once belonged to me, and that I held dear while I was alive, Josiah and I came upon it during our travels through Europe during the Sixth War of Souls. It serves as an anchor, in the stead of Josiah who has now long passed on. You see, the Antiquarum also acts as an anchor to keep us here as well. That is what allows your spirit weapons to appear wherever you are. They are bound to you and you alone. As was my spirit bound to my Antiquarum. A beloved trinket of a spirit can be used however in place of an Antiquarum. Which permits me to stay on the school ground, but I can go no where else.

I hope this has answered your question, Master Douglas."

Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:48 pm

"It most certainly does, good sir knight." The Scot affirmed, nodding his satisfaction. "I'm sure you have much to tell, and I'd love to hear more of it at some point, but Daniel's waiting for me. Until next time!" With that, the junior vanished through the gate to Apollon.

Back in the ancient city, the first thing Logan noticed was that Daniel was already quite a ways down the road. He had clearly gotten fed up with waiting and decided to do some poking around on his own. Logan pursued his would-be partner past the city limits and, after cresting a small hill, spied the freshman swinging around an unfamiliar sword. It didn't look like any from the armory, and the Scot couldn't help but wonder how he'd come upon it. Even more strange was the way Daniel was handling the blade. He swung with such speed and force that he himself seemed to be thrown off by it, almost as if he had just discovered that he possessed superhuman strength. That was silly, however, and Logan wasn't going to find out by sitting there speculating.

"Hey, Daniel!" He called from his perch on the hill, summoning his own blade. "Nice butter knife! Want to go a few rounds?"

Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:02 pm

"Defiantly needs some elevators or something in those towers," Derrek replied with a chuckle.

He began stretching his torso and arms trying to get use to moving in the new shell, and thought to himself that it would probably be possible to sleep in it without much problem both during and after, before adding to his previous statement,"As for lights all over? Not really my style. Now, some candle lit street lamps would really highlight the beauty, mystery, and relaxing nature of this place. *yawn* Or whatever, not sure how we'd even light them all, I mean, unless we have someone that can control fire or something in this club."

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:46 am

Phora felt some kind of substance covering her, and absentmindedly used Lotus's uniform to towel it off, then shook herself like a dog. She was much too focused on riding Grayson to care. She made whooping sounds as the creature took off. "Let's go to Africa! They sell bugs on sticks! I think it's that way." She pointed to southeast. Who knows how she managed to guess the right direction. Perhaps pixies have a natural sense of direction, like a carrier pigeon. Either way, she seemed ready for a two day flight on poor Graysons back.

"Candles... That's a good idea," Alice said as the two wandered into the city. "I have lots of candles, maybe I should bring some! That armor looks good on you, by the way." She gave him her usual warm smile, which tends to make her the center of any males attention. Just then, Grayson rushed by, and when Alice looked up she was surprised to see one of its passengers was Phora. "What is she doing? Phora, come down here!" Alice shouted. "I give her one simple task and she runs off on her own. Did she forget she can fly too? Let's follow them." She shook her head in frustration and directed Derrek towards the library.

It took Daniel a few seconds to figure out who was calling his name. He was a bit nervous about the way Logan was coming towards him with a blade. He grumbled under his breath and held his blade in the most effective way he knew, which as luck would have it was a rudimentary sword stance. Cautiously he waited for Logan to reach him.

Evelyn watched as the billhook swung and managed to slice through one branch, a clean cut, but the second tree branch was merely sliced open a bit.
"Good job," She praised him. "Two is harder then one, but I wouldn't want to have a wound like that-" she pointed to the second tree branch "In the middle of a fight." She grimaced at the thought. "Billhooks have another function besides slicing through joints. They can also be used to remove men on horses from their steeds." She seemed frustrated for a moment. "Unfortunately, we don't have a way for you to practice that, unless we convinced Lloyd to lend us his Griffin." Still, she taught him the basic stance, and how to hook fast moving opponents like a fish and send them flying using torque.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:15 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64 ... 98  Next