The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:37 pm

[ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next
Kirb-Star's Sprites - just doing some stuff 

metal_knight wrote:
Update! Improved Adeleine sprite!
[ Image ]
Also I still need some critic of Cappy Town, because I can't continue working on it if I don't get criticism.

Old -> New
ImageImage

Looking back and forth between the two, it looks like what you call "improved sprite" appears to be a downfall compared to the old version.

Have you actually taken account of your old sprite and actually compared it with your new one before publishing it online?

Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:04 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
Michael M wrote:
metal_knight wrote:
[ Image ]
Also I still need some critic of Cappy Town, because I can't continue working on it if I don't get criticism.

Old -> New
ImageImage

Looking back and forth between the two, it looks like what you call "improved sprite" appears to be a downfall compared to the old version.

Have you actually taken account of your old sprite and actually compared it with your new one before publishing it online?

In fact, the new one looks like a lot more to the original Adeleine:

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:49 am

Currently Playing: 3ds
metal_knight wrote:
Michael M wrote:
metal_knight wrote:
[ Image ]

Old -> New
ImageImage

In fact, the new one looks like a lot more to the original Adeleine:

Click to expand thumbnail

Eh..
It does a little, but the old sprite does look a little better than the new one...

Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:52 am

Yeah Anon, you are right, something isn't right here (probably because the new one is smaller than the old one, but in fact I just edited a Smilie to make Adeleine's head on the old one)

Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:56 am

the palette shouldn't look like a shield cause the paint will mix

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:00 am

OK Anon, You are right and i am agreed with you, the pallette shouldn't be a shield.
And just a few Idea: the pallete could pop out when Adeleine needs it? Just Asking.
Reix wrote:
metal_knight wrote:
Kiddragon wrote:
On a side note, she is in a very akward position, except if she's using her paint-holding thingy(Whatever it is called) as a shield.

And even then it looks pretty akward.

I will pretend that you are not annoying (obviusly, you doesn't want o annoy me)

He's not trying to annoy you... He's giving constructive criticism.

metal_knight wrote:
In fact, if we are creative, everyone can have a moveset.
Examples:
Captain Falcon, R.O.B, Mr Game and Watch, StarFox characters and Ice Climbers.
My ideas for her are these:
*INSERT LONG MOVESET HERE*
So, thanks for your criticism, I would like to see more comments in my humble topic.
Thanks for comment!

Nobody was debating about movesets for one, but without sounding pretentious, I have a moveset that might be a bit better:
SHAMELESS SELF ADVERTISING ACTIVATE: show
N: Draw. Adeline draws a random creature based on the size of her current Cloud Easel. Depending on the size of her easel, the stats change. Whenever a drawing is destroyed/ on the stage for thirty seconds, it explodes, dealing minor damage. Speed of Drawing refers to how fast she draws the creature,so if it is slow, she can be interrupted. An important thing to note, Waddle Dee, the Car, and the Scribble Kirby keep running the same direction if they hit a wall while the rest switch.

Small Easel: Speed of Drawing - 3/3 Power = 3% Health = 5% 10 can be on stage at a time.
-Waddle Dee. Simply runs forward.
-Nimbus. A cloud that releases electricity every few seconds.
-Car. A faster Waddle Dee.
-Baseball. A simple projectile forward.
-Parasol. A slowly moving projectile that explodes.
-Bomb. A bomb is thrown forward.
-Mike. Very rare. Deals 10%.
-Kirby. Acts like Waddle Dee.

Medium Easel: SoD - 2/3 Power = 7% Health = 10% Only 4 are allowed on stage at a time.
-A small, horned Waddle Dee looking thing. Walks forward.
-A large Bronto Burt. Flies in a Zig Zag pattern, and is faster.
-A large Spider. Larger than the rest.
-A mummified Eye. Homes in on opponents.
-Distorted pixels. Floats forward.

Large Easel: SoD - 1/3 Power = 15% Health = 15% Only 1 allowed on stage at a time.
-Ice Dragon. Larger, doesn't move, and fires blocks of ice at opponents.
-Sweet Stuff. A large fish that continuously sparks from his angler.
-Mr. Shine. Rolls forward very fast.
-Mr. Bright. Acts like Burning Kirby.
-Kracko. A larger, more powerful version of Nimbus.

Origin: Mixing her time as Ado and Adeline, with some Paint Roller thrown in there for good measure, she drew a variety of enemies. Paint Roller drew basic scribbles, Adeline drew bigger ones, and Ado drew minibosses. The bigger enemies would take more time and easel space to draw, but be stronger.

S: Paint Rocket. Ado gets out an easel and begins swiping at it. For as long as the button is held, she will keep swiping, and increase the size/power of the missile projectile that it fires. The missile travels a nice distance before getting destroyed, and goes further if charged. Side note; At full charge, the missile noticeably reads 'Ado'.

Origin: In the Kirby Anime, Kirby fights Paint Roller and gets the Paint ability. His single drawing is a large missile with 'Kirby' written on it. The missile, while powerful, took a few seconds to draw. By logic, smaller ones could be drawn in shorter times, leading to the charge mechanic.

S2: Quick Draw. Ado lunges forward in an Ichigo esque manner. Once he moves forward, he swipes the air around him, leaving a paint trail, then a forward attack once he reaches his peak.

Origin: In Kirby's Dream Land 3, at the end of the game, Ado appears, slashes at the screen, and leaves the word 'END'

U: Checker Platform. A chargeable attack where Adeline swings her paintbrush in front of her. Depending on the charge, a number of checker board patterned boxes appear in front and slightly above her. If any opponent happens to be where they spawn, they receive minor damage and knockback. The platforms remain on stage for a few seconds before they begin to descend, damaging opponents on their way down. They fall prematurely if anyone other than Adeline lands on them. In the air, they appear underneath Adeline, allowing her to jump up. Side note; the color of the blocks corresponds to Adeline's Player color IE red for player one, blue for two, etc.

Origin: The Kirby 64 Multiplayer game, Checker Board Chase, which Adeline is playable. The objective is to stay standing on floating platforms that are changed to your color as an attack. Adeline draws/summons her own platforms.

D: Easel Switch. Adeline begins collecting some clouds, and increases the size of her easel used in the Neutral. If it is at full size, then she releases the clouds. This is a Megaman Style Switch Move.

Origin: In her time as Ado, her battle was fought in Cloudy Park and used a cloud as an easel. If she had a larger one she can make bigger, more powerful drawings.

FS: Dark Matter. A semi final form where Adeline draws an image of Dark Matter. Adeline is invincible in the background, and the player takes control of the Dark Matter drawing. This functions almost identically to Gooey's Final Smash. Dark Matter can fly around the stage indefinitely, ramming into opponents, and fire eyeball minions at enemies. Once the time has passed, Dark Matter explodes, dealing heavy damage. Before returning to Adeline, if her damage is over 100% she draws a small amount of food.

Origin: Adeline's final drawing in Kirby 64. The drawn Dark Matter is stronger and more powerful than the rest of her drawings, and is capable of firing eye minions as projectiles. The food part comes from her supporting role in Kirby 64, where she would show up occasionally and drop a Maxim Tomato for Kirby.

Dettadeus wrote:
-i'm not really sure what one would do with a rainbow-tipped paintbrush at such a small size, but it doesn't look quite right

The brush definitely needs to be one color. I feel like it should be red for whatever reason.

Also, Ado should probably be a bit more Kirby esque in terms of size, shading and style.

No, Ado Is one of the only Kirby characters I hate, because "his" gender isn't confirmed.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:50 am

Oh, I don't want to annoy you. I was saying the pose wasn't looking natural.

BTW, shame on you Rei, you only posted yours. Lemme link you to the Moveset Contest we had on her/him...

http://ssf2expansions.motionforum.net/t ... ion#113473

Note : Rei moveset is in this list, which have 2-3 movesets.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:41 am

Kiddragon wrote:

BTW, shame on you Rei, you only posted yours. Lemme link you to the Moveset Contest we had on her/him...

That Moveset, doesn't feel natural, Because sounds like more references to other characters, that makes it more a chimera character than an unique character. Also, he posted that moveset before and Steven disagreed. Mostly because of the "Megaman's Down Special cycle".
And you are right, the pose don't look natural and noticed that you are no trying to annoy me, I just said that as a bad joke.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:09 am

Here's a version of that character that I did a little while ago. You can use it as a reference if you want. Hell, you can have it.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:00 pm

its beautiful

Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:05 pm

A gift? To me? This is my best day ever!
Thanks a lot, I will credit you!

Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:24 pm

Kiddragon wrote:

The reason I posted mine and nobody else's was because ShadowHunter voted mine best. Not trying to be a prick or anything.

And how do you hate Ado? They're the exact same person with a different name. Technical limitations were the only reason Ado couldn't be renamed to Adeline on such a small screen.

Commission info - http://reiforce.deviantart.com/journal/

Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Reix wrote:
Kiddragon wrote:

The reason I posted mine and nobody else's was because ShadowHunter voted mine best. Not trying to be a prick or anything.

And how do you hate Ado? They're the exact same person with a different name. Technical limitations were the only reason Ado couldn't be renamed to Adeline on such a small screen.

I don't hate Adeleine, but I must say I kinda hate how SH was judging. The biggest was the gimmick, even if it was completely too hard to be viable, the biggest was your chance of winning. And I prefer simpler and purer movesets, so I lost a lot of rounds because of this (This is so true, just look at Young Link, for Desu's sake!).

And MetalKnight, there is about 10 movesets in the link. Rei was taken from this, and was first, yes, but there are other after his post, and I suggest you that you read them all.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:21 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: ElvisDitto
How about we close off the chapter "Adeline movesets other people made" and give the spotlight back to Metal_Knight, hm?

(you can now tweet mean things at me on Twitter @StevenEggplant)

Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:25 pm

Steven wrote:
How about we close off the chapter "Adeline movesets other people made" and give the spotlight back to Metal_Knight, hm?

Peppy: Thanks Fox.
Reix wrote:
Kiddragon wrote:

Quote:
They're the exact same person

Quote:
the exact same person

Quote:
same person

In Fact I doens't wanted to say "hate", I simply doesn't like him.
Let's see: Adeleine went through more than a Solar System (If the worlds are stars and not planets) and Ado just hide himself behind his canvas and let his soldiers attacking.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:41 pm
 [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 23  Next