The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:34 pm

[ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
March 16th, 2020 News (Forums Permanently Closing on 4/30) 

Currently Playing: bye bye MG
Sad news. Miss yall. Maybe the archived version could reopen some of the old sections we don't have access to currently, like the 9B section? It'd go a long way in terms of preserving the forum's history, if it still all exists somewhere.

Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:19 pm
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
I've been a part of this community since like '05 or '06 or so. I was in middle school at the time. I was excited for Brawl, and I found a video of somebody playing as Knuckles in a weird 2D Smash clone

One thing lead to another and 15 years later here I am with this super tight group of Internet friends

It's gonna hurt to see it go. Been a big part of my life all that time. I learned about sprite art here, I showcased my game here, I hand picked the best MG posts of all time. I even learned about anti-natalism

It's been great. Sorry for the irony-free post but I'm really gonna miss this place, the last bastion of the old internet ways. When it's gone I guess I'll finally feel like we're fully in the discord/social media era.

My twitter is @TerminX13 if you want to keep up.

Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:43 pm
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
YouTube Video:

Though my output here for the last couple years has been little more than posting in the music section and s*** at the MG twitter account, I'd be lying if I said this doesn't have me feeling some type of way.

Mirroring what Term said here a little (love ya), I've been around here for so long it's actually kind of f*** up to think about. Even if I never interacted with the actual SMASH FLASH part of the website all too much, I still think what they're doing is cool. I made most of my best friends here, people I still talk to to this day (you know who you are), and for that I'll always hold this place in my heart.

Even if the majority of people who read this never interacted with me at all, I'll miss you! Anyone who wants to keep up with me for some reason, can on twitter (@isolationbleu, where I primarily talk about.... music!) or on my discord (Scott#7181)

Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:28 am

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
well s*** where do i post my screenshots now

Well, I don't really have anything to say that hasn't been said already so....yeah, I'll miss this place a lot. It was a huge part of my childhood and I actually met some of my first real friends here too. I'll treasure every moment I spent here and never forget all you wonderful people.

I guess I'll just tweet my screenshots to McleodGaming or something. Or maybe I'll make the Discord Screenshots Channel my new home?

My twitter's Tailuigi Jumprower (@Tailuigi) if it's not obvious. And my discord is Sonario#1495

Well, goodbye everyone. Live long and prosper. May we meet again. Sayonara.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Last edited by Sonario on Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:28 am

awh man I don't even know how to feel about this

this place is a considerable large chunk of my childhood and it pains to see it die off

i low-key used it as a mini-escape up to this period of time.. hopefully it's all archived appropriately so I can go back and reminisce on the good times

and bad

Last edited by 777 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:07 am

MGN Username: TheBlue10
Currently Playing: Life.
Waifu: I have a husbando.
Even though I haven't been on in years, I came to say that I'll miss it.

F

Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:07 am
Site Moderator

YouTube Video:

my registration dates back to when i was twelve years old. i'm now 21 and in college. i was a bit of a late entry as a poster, mostly started posting when luke got banned for facedoxing geno (lol). time flies.

in its final years (before becoming an indian bot testing ground) this forum fascinated me as sort of a living internet museum of the time of its creation. for example you have someone in this very thread with a sonic/mario crossover character as their avatar. this is literally one of the last bastions of like, sprite comic culture outside the spriters resource forum itself, a reminder of when internet #gamer culture was more communal, more imaginative and less "parasocial" as they call it now. MG is in a shared lineage of that beautiful sweet brief era that gave us gmod, youtube poop, newgrounds, romhacking - silly distractions that spawned great artistic talent and technical skill in many a stupid teenager. the culture mg was a part of was the reason i started making music. it was the reason our beloved admin luke started making music.

it's a good time to pull the plug, but sad as the social internet gets squashed into three websites and a rotation of IM apps. niche, isolated corners like this are harder and harder to find. across nine years the lounge gang went from xat to skype to the eternal #TweetCrew with some discords made here and there, the fierce vibrancy of our posts resonated far outside this forum's quaint little bubble of outmoded flash/phpbb tech. we the posters will live on but it's sad to say the type of curiosity that led us to this very forum is a dead one. things are just different now.

remember to wash your hands. peace.

Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:18 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
This is legitimately upsetting to me even though we have known for a little while now. I remember the period in my life where I made this account, obsessed with Breaking Bad and making fun of Deph for playing some stupid role playing forum game. Like a year later I was modding my own little section and mafia was really taking off! Until it wasn't.

I kinda feel like this place was where I broke out of my shell a bit and became less of a dumb kid and more if a dumb adult. It's been 7? 8? years since I started and I've literally had a baby in that time. It's weird to think about how this one corner of the internet has so much sentimental value to me. I've met so many cool people on this forum that have legitimately changed my life, and I will miss this place dearly.

So thanks Void, Geno, Term, Terra, Thot, Kyuubit, Arthur, Scott, Luke, 194, Brik, DJ Wiz, and everyone else I couldn't possibly write off the top of my head. I've busted my a** laughing with you and learned a lot.

f***

AMA

Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:09 am

MGN Username: Masaomi
I remember making my account when I was 12 and posting goofy stuff and bumping two year old threads. Good times, this forum will always be a nice part of my life I can look back on, sad to see it go. I will miss this place!

Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:49 pm

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
F

Seriously though, I will miss you guys, and I will always remember (or maybe not) the stupid stuff I posted.
It was a lot of fun.

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:19 pm

MGN Username: Knuckles for SSF2
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
I may be newer, but these forums have been enjoyable to be on.
except for PsychoSSF2.

So long, everyone

Ultimate Secondaries: Toon Link, R.O.B. Richter, Roy, King K Rool, Lucas

Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:57 pm

well crap this was a good website that will die like whitebeard

also i main :luffy: :
sometimes play :sonic: :sora: :ness: :blackmage: :isaac: :link: :lloyd: :marth: :pikachu: :simon: :ryu: :lucario:

btw i love anime please mg add more anime chars
[size=85][/size]

Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:56 pm

The second verse, the same as the first. I was there for old MG, I was here for new MG, and who is to say what comes after.

At times I was a new kid that posted in the smash flash section. At times I was a spriter. I dabbled in the mafia. I lived more lives in the role-play section than any man deserves. Towards the end I was even a mod (emergency appointed section mod still counts even if I didn't get a color). But no matter where I was I met plenty of wonderful, and interesting people, all thanks to this place. I would have liked to know more I think.

I've spent quite literally half of my life on these forums, since back in 2005, and a don't regret a day of it. Except for like all the years I was a teenager but who doesn't really. But even then the person I came out the other side as is in no small part because of this place, so thanks for that.

Gentlemen, it has been a privilege and an honor playing with you tonight.

titanic dot jpeg,
Deciton_Reven

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:58 pm

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
It's been a pleasure being part of this community ladies and gentlemen! And to think this all started for me because the Google search bar predicted the words "Super Smash Flash 2" which ultimately led me to join these forums, that happened in mid-2008 when I was 15-year-old Smash fanboy and since then I've been a regular member of the grandiose McLeodGaming community, sure, in recent years my visits on the forums were limited to just viewing and not posting anything and that's a sign of the forums decadency but nonetheless enjoyed my time, even if I entered in hot discussions with other users that insulted me for the simple fact of sharing my opinion. This isn't a good bye and this definitely won't be my final post, but I'll try to be more active on other sites like McLeodGaming's social networks or perhaps finally making myself a Discord account and joining the official chat, and above everything, keeping my role of bureaucrat of the McLeodGaming Wiki and keep neat place to gather information about our favourite games, movies and everything related to our favorite indie company, McLeodGaming.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:07 am

MGN Username: Dj_Hyperfresh
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2
Waifu: Kirby
Ah jeez... Now I have to make a discord account...

Just showed up to say that I will miss this place, even if I never really stuck around, and I'll remember this forum until.. I dunno, I go senile or something.
I've spent a lot of time away from here so I want to make the most out of what I can before we all have to migrate to discord, And I think you should too.
I really wish I could say something else about this place but I never really did anything here it and it's really coming back to bite me. So I'll just end this here.
Stay awesome, everyone. Also remember to wash your hands!

bear lol#9526
these archives kinda gay
:bandanadee:

Last edited by Bannedana Dee on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:58 am
 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next