The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:50 pm

[ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
Donkey Kong 
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I've noticed how hard it is to powershield from the front, but I never noticed this extra twist. Thanks!

Is it just me, or does Samus really hard counter DK? Not just this, but that DK can't combo Samus into kill moves, but Samus can combo DK, harass him with projectiles, and get him offstage and kill him.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:30 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Well I find that since bair/nair beat missiles, and dtilt allows DK to sneak under strong missiles (it destroys weak missiles) it isn't that hard to deal with the projectiles. Those are kind of committal so he can be punished for that I guess.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:34 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
I've noticed how hard it is to powershield from the front, but I never noticed this extra twist. Thanks!

Not just this, but that DK can't combo Samus into kill moves, but Samus can combo DK

Basically nobody can combo Samus. You can string attacks, but is basically impossible to combo her heavy/floaty a**. She has to be dealt with as a class of her own. Practice with all the Samus you can to get the feel for the kill

Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:39 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Anyways, this little shield thing just means that you really should have your back turned to your opponent as much as possible.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:12 am

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
What are DK best matchups?

Sat May 02, 2015 5:16 am
BR Member

I think DK does very well against Sora: Sora can't kill DK until over 160% unless he lands usmash or fsmash near the edge, Sora can't get in, Sora gets rekt on punishes, etc.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Sat May 02, 2015 9:41 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
I think even an FSmash near the edge can get an early kill... That move cant kill Tails (who is one of the lighter characters) at 145% from the edge of SV, now think about DK who has the weight of a truck in comparism. I agree tho that this MU is really hard for Sora. He gets outspaced half of the time, outprioritized has has to rely heavily on Thundaga gimps imo.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Sat May 02, 2015 10:42 am

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
Are there any other really good matchups?

Sat May 02, 2015 2:35 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Id say Ness. DK outreaches all moves besides PK anything and beats pretty much besides PK attacks and Fair. Ness´s most ranged move outside of PK moves is his Side Taunt, so theres not oo much he can do. The only threat are early Dair gimps from Ness.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Sun May 03, 2015 2:44 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: mcompany
Currently Playing: ssf2,melee,pm,sm4sh
Dk vs fox, start fox at 28%, uthrow, uthrow, uthrow, uthrow, uthrow, utilt, fair, edgeguard

ssf2 main: idk, haven't seriously played yet. secondaries/jokes: :gameandwatch: :marth: :link: :sandbag: :jigglypuff: :falco:

Pm main:g&w second: ROB, lucario

Sm4sh main: good question

Man do I wish there were local ssf2 tourneys or at least side events so my practice is actually worth it.

Sat May 09, 2015 2:43 pm

dk v fox is a extremely fun match up for both characters imo, they both destroy each other with 0-death's quite fast

Sat May 09, 2015 4:24 pm

MGN Username: Sekanor
Currently Playing: Melee, SSF2, SA2B, SM63, MKDD (all the games I'm playing from an advanced side)
badcon troller wrote:
Dk vs fox, start fox at 28%, uthrow, uthrow, uthrow, uthrow, uthrow, utilt, fair, edgeguard

Nah.
A good fox is really hard to grab as DK, at first. So you can rarely get this situation.
A good fox also DIes the uthrows, which makes the combo harder (not THAT hard, but harder)
A good fox DIes the utilt so the fair is really hard to place.

You have to play against a good Fox to realize that

Auraka wrote:
dk v fox is a extremely fun match up for both characters imo, they both destroy each other with 0-death's quite fast

Yup, even if the combo above doesn't really work that much, there are a lot of other combo options for both DK and Fox.
What I'm trying to say is, DK is not just "hi dthrow utilt x5 fair u ded". These kind of combos works on some matchups, but not a lot. In a DK ditto these combos work.
To get better at pretty much 80% of the matchups, you have to actually develop your playstyle.

Skailler wrote:
Ness´s most ranged move outside of PK moves is his Side Taunt

=> then, use PK moves
That's how Nstinct beats me, he MUST use PK moves in this situation. Against a ness who plays well with that, the matchup becomes harder. I still think I could practice some things (powershielding the PK moves, get a better spacing and everything) to play better in it.

http:twitch.tv/sekanor <- streaming speedruns, and smash sometimes
Melee & SSF2 Advanced Player
Sonic Adventure 2 & Super Mario 63 & Mario Kart Double Dash Speedrunner

Sat May 09, 2015 5:40 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: mcompany
Currently Playing: ssf2,melee,pm,sm4sh
Sekanor wrote:
badcon troller wrote:

Nah.
A good fox is really hard to grab as DK, at first. So you can rarely get this situation.
A good fox also DIes the uthrows, which makes the combo harder (not THAT hard, but harder)
A good fox DIes the utilt so the fair is really hard to place.

You have to play against a good Fox to realize that

Auraka wrote:

Yup, even if the combo above doesn't really work that much, there are a lot of other combo options for both DK and Fox.
What I'm trying to say is, DK is not just "hi dthrow utilt x5 fair u ded". These kind of combos works on some matchups, but not a lot. In a DK ditto these combos work.
To get better at pretty much 80% of the matchups, you have to actually develop your playstyle.

Obviously getting the grab in the first place is the hard part. But yeah I kinda figured di would make it much harder especially with input lag, but I have no one to practice with and my network connection is terrible so... I don't know how bad an idea that combo or the dk-fox mu in general is

ssf2 main: idk, haven't seriously played yet. secondaries/jokes: :gameandwatch: :marth: :link: :sandbag: :jigglypuff: :falco:

Pm main:g&w second: ROB, lucario

Sm4sh main: good question

Man do I wish there were local ssf2 tourneys or at least side events so my practice is actually worth it.

Sat May 09, 2015 6:23 pm
BR Member

Thread bump:

DK can get two charges for the price of one on GP by using Seka's double Charge Shot trick. Let DK charge up 8 or 9 swings of punch charge, roll right or left. Use that charge in the air (almost fully charged, does tons of damage). Next time you try and charge the Punch, it'll take 1 or 2 swings to charge it up.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:42 pm

:megaman: :donkeykong: donkey kong is too overpowered.fix that

Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:28 am
 [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next