The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:41 pm

[ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
Restless spriter's work 
spid3y916 wrote:
So I got was bored with all the schoolwork I have, so Luigi!

[ Image ]

Here's a REALLY REALLY early WIP of Luigi idle sprite. Just figuring out the motions of his Smash idle. There will be some in-betweens and a hand/arm/leg clean-up later. Constructive criticism would be awesome and welcomed. Now if you notice, you can see something on his back. Well...

[ Image ]

Here's a mock-up of what he could look like. The first is his standard Smash Bros style. The second he has a Poltergust, but his handle is attached to the machine. Though this never happen in Luigi Mansion, it allows Luigi to still use both hands while being equipped with the Poltergust. The last is Luigi holding the handle with one hand. Constantly having to hold the handle may limit his attack choices, many can be based on the creative usage of the Poltergust. There was going to be a fourth one where he holds it like he did in the game, but I haven't gotten to make it since I made all of these like an hour ago.

I think the base could be improved a little, but I really like it so far! I think the second would work best looking, though it's your choice.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:48 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: Killatores
You character sprites looks really good, why in earth you are not a Dev yet? XD
I really like how they look, but Dr mario an Luigi, in my point of view, are one of the lastest characters that I want in SSF2, try to go for other characters.
Keep up the good work ;)

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Currently Playing: I'm always playing Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Sonic
Roy, Deadpool and Luigi looks too good, Spiderman is amazing how did the Sprites, you created from Sprite MVC style?

Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:31 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: spid3y916
Currently Playing: SSF2
Tupilluis wrote:
You character sprites looks really good, why in earth you are not a Dev yet? XD
I really like how they look, but Dr mario an Luigi, in my point of view, are one of the lastest characters that I want in SSF2, try to go for other characters.
Keep up the good work ;)

Funny story I have applied once for a dev spot, but I never even got a message back. To be fair though, this was before Dr. Mario/Luigi//Spider-Man/ect. and the help I got from everyone else. I want to join the team so I might try one more time, but I'm not sure if my skills are good enough at this moment.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:42 pm

MGN Username: Lisnovski1
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 Beta
Waifu: Myself
spid3y916 wrote:
but I'm not sure if my skills are good enough at this moment.

You gotta be kidding right?

Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:58 pm
SSF2 Developer

MGN Username: Killatores
spid3y916 wrote:
Funny story I have applied once for a dev spot, but I never even got a message back. To be fair though, this was before Dr. Mario/Luigi//Spider-Man/ect. and the help I got from everyone else. I want to join the team so I might try one more time, but I'm not sure if my skills are good enough at this moment.

Happend to me too, the Dev apply page is... kind of broken XD
Contact with the user "Steven", here in the Mcleodgaming forums. He wil help you with the Dev trial process. Steven user's page:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2003
Send him a message asking for Dev trials ;) Lisnovski and I have recently joined the Devs with his help.

I hope we can work together in the future.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:44 pm
SSF2 Developer

Tupilluis wrote:
spid3y916 wrote:

Happend to me too, the Dev apply page is... kind of broken XD
Contact with the user "Steven", here in the Mcleodgaming forums. He wil help you with the Dev trial process. Steven user's page:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2003
Send him a message asking for Dev trials ;) Lisnovski and I have recently joined the Devs with his help.

I hope we can work together in the future.

I have talked to Steven before. He gave me some pointers on how to improve and gave me a broad idea of what the a trial dev is. Still don't know how the dev trials are like, but I assume it is mostly testing one's animating abilities.
On the topic of trying different characters, I usually tend to make characters people don't want in SSB or SSF2. Dr. Mario, though I like as a separate character, would mostly be accepted as alt. costume. Luigi is probably the most wanted character for SSF2 out of the three I primary made since he is the last of the original 12 who is not in the game. Spider-Man is probably in the worst position out of the three. Spider-Man would be the only comic book character in a rooster of video game characters and three manga/anime characters. People already have an opinion of the inclusion of the anime characters, being either "please add Luffy/Kintaro/Eren/ect." to "get rid of all of them." I heard that the anime characters were added by McLeod himself, so can't argue with the man. If I did try making another character, it would be someone who no one wants or don't care. I had this crazy idea of trying to pull a R.O.B. with the Virtual Boy.

Lisnovski wrote:
spid3y916 wrote:
but I'm not sure if my skills are good enough at this moment.

You gotta be kidding right?

Well I'm practicing on trying to do proper shading.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:15 am
SSF2 Developer

While waiting for my trials, I got bored and made this WIP:
I did it mostly because how simple it was. Little design and two colors? Only shading is the problem now. Probably going to fix that tail and face.
Edit: Just realized the back part is white. Fixed already.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:24 am

MGN Username: Detta
Waifu: Zinnia
i cant tell if it's just resized badly or what but the lineart looks suuuuuuper messy imo

can you post it at the original size?

Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:02 pm
SSF2 Developer

DettaDoodle wrote:
can you post it at the original size?

Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Why does the ShadowBall has an Angry Face?

Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:05 pm

MGN Username: Whaku
spid3y916 wrote:
[ Image ]

Now THAT'S what I call a shiny mewtwo! :xd:

Maybe make your Mewtwo's tail more curvy and less u-turny. Also, shouldn't there be more distinct separation between the thigh and the lower leg? Here's a pic of what I mean since I am the most crappy worder that ever lived:

Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:02 pm

I see that your'e applying for devs... right?

...or Left?

Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:11 am

Waifu: zero suit wario
Lisnovski wrote:

...or Left?

Oh my god that is so funy comedy gold award
*sarcasm*
On-Topic:
The Mewtwo looks pretty odd, specially the tail, can't add as much as the others so, there ya go.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Currently Playing: League of Legends, Killing Floor 2, Overwatch
Waifu: Cleod9
Shiver-Star wrote:
Lisnovski wrote:

...or Left?

Oh my god that is so funy comedy gold award
*sarcasm*
On-Topic:
The Mewtwo looks pretty odd, specially the tail, can't add as much as the others so, there ya go.

Why do I feel like you only posted that on-topic section so you could spill out that little insult on the above comment.

Also: His pectorals look a little.. funky. They look too humanoid in my opinion but others may disagree. The fingers on his right hand(our left) also look unnaturally positioned. I think he'd look a little better if you were to make them curl up a bit as though he were starting to make a fist.

Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:36 pm
 [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next