The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:42 pm

[ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Nate vs. NintendoJava: Battle Over 

[[Sorry, I went to delete it and post something different, but you must have posted before I could change it. Oh, and you realize that Creis' boots are metal, as stated before in the topic, which would disable movement.]]

Creis lunged forward and kicked at Nate's other leg. He hoped to cripple Nate completely.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:08 pm

OOS: Okay, fine. Why don't we just stay in the forums and wait for each other's posts instead of leaving every time after we post?

Nate jumped back. Creis was incredibly fast, dispite his metal boots. Nate's shin ached and protested with every step he took, but Nate gave no sign of weakness, choosing instead to send another volley of energy blasts.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:11 pm

Creis shifted side to side, all the while moving closer to Nate, "And though the cat pounces on the mouse, the mouse will not give up."

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:15 pm

"What am I in this one, the cat or the mouse?"
Creis's advance did not go unnoticed.
At this point, there was not much of the arena still left in tact. Nate poured out his energy attempting to destroy what little concrete there was left.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:17 pm

It was at this that Creis knew he had won. While Nate was distracted destroying the arena, Creis jumped to the concrete just in front of Nate, and jabbed his sword at Nate's stomach.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Nate reacted as quickly as if his life depended upon his reaction, which in this case it did. His forearm slammed sideways into Creis's sword, diverting it from its course just the tiniest fraction. The sword jabbed into Nate's side, but he had kept it from hitting anything important. That didn't mean at all that it didn't hurt like hell. It was at this moment that the last of the arena was disintegrated. Before he began to fall, Nate once again created a disk of energy to float on. With the last of his strength, he used his energy to push the sword out of his side.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:24 pm

[[Well, by logic, if Creis was right in front of him, the disk would be carrying Creis, too.]]

Creis struggled to keep his balance, as the disk was obviously designed to carry Nate only. "How are you still alive!?" Creis yelled. He took his sword and hacked at Nate's ribs, hoping to finally finish him.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:27 pm

Nate ducked, allowing the disk to disipate. While he fell, he created an energy bandage, which he wrapped around his waist. He then created a new disk and flew out of Creis's path.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:29 pm

Creis fell through the air, disappearing, then reappearing at the top. He had to think fast, or the battle might end soon. His stomach was already up in his throat. A sickening feeling came upon him. He shifted his weight to the right, and managed to grab onto a large piece of concrete. Hoisting himself up, he turned to face Nate. "Ha! Have you still not figure out that you will lose!?" Creis yelled, "Even with those energy bandages, the wounds are too deep, you will eventually die of blood loss! All I must do now is wait, as you die a slow, painful death."

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:34 pm

"You know what?" Nate yelled, his voice grave for the first time since entering the stadium.
"You may be right. But you might not be. I could heal, and if that happened, the end of this battle would be decided by who starved to death first! But you know what? It won't freakin' matter, because we're stuck here anyway, no matter what!"
Nate surrounded himself with a strong barrier of energy and floated as far away from Creis as possible, attempting to get some rest.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:38 pm

"On the contrary, we shall die of thirst before hunger," Creis stated, "And with you bleeding like that, you are losing liquids faster than I." Creis sat knelt down on the concrete chunk and for the first time since he got here, he just thought. He thought of when he was first teleported here. It seemed so long ago. He could not recall how long he had been here, though he guesses somewhere around a day. He began to reflect on the moment before he was transported here, where he was violently plucked from his world, and thrown into this hell. "I know it has something to do with that cat. His death can be the only possible way for me to leave this place. And if it fails, I will atleast know that I was victorious before death."

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:45 pm

Nate, tired of this guy's ranting, lower's the aura just long enough to fire a volley of blasts. They kept going out the edge of the field and reappearing on the other side until the chamber was filled with them. They were designed to bounce off Nate's barrier if they came into contact.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:49 pm

Creis did not move. He still believed that Nate had something to do with his transportation to this void, but he didn't completely believe that Nate's death would release him. Creis stood straight up, staring at Nate with hatred, but somehow, pity. Creis jumped back as an energy blast hit the piece of concrete. He looked around him as other blast flew around the void, some hitting other, smaller pieces of the arena, some reflecting off of Nate's barrier, and some still headed toward him.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:53 pm

Nate decided to allow the blasts to disappear, believing Creis had learned his lesson. Nate was surprised by how quickly he was healing. The gash on his hand had healed completely, while the pain in his shin had all but disappeared. The wound in his side had begun to heal as well. He also noticed that he wasn't hungry or thirsty in the slightest. Could it have something to do with this place? Nate was struck with the realization that the only way to die in this cursed arena was to be killed by someone else, a plan that didn't appeal to Nate in the least.
"Hey, Creis!" Nate yelled, "Are you hungry or thirsty at all?"

Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:57 pm

Creis went back to his meditation. He tried to reflect on all that had happened, attempting to figure out a way out of here. "The void is ever-expanding, yet only this small section is tangible," Creis looked up at Nate, a scowl littered his face. "I will find a way out of here, Nate. Mark my words. But, no, I am not hungry nor thirsty. I had already begun to suspect if this area was self-sustaining. It appears my estimate was correct. I believe the only way to die is to be killed," Creis paused for a moment, "though death can be a spiritual manifestation as well. If this void is self-sufficient, perhaps death here is the only way out. Perhaps it is a mental death rather than physical. This void may very well be a hallucination, or perhaps, our very inner mind," he paused again, "Nate, we have to die to get out."

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:09 pm
 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next