The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:29 pm

[ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Champions of Estaria 

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Jack heard the man who had actually fought with his body back there and not with weapons or powers and he mumbled "I hope not, bunch of kids hea that can't stand each other." He then chuckled lowly taking a few glances at some of the teenagers.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:28 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Pierre turned to the source of the voice who shared his concerns. Yes, they couldn't stand each other alright. He lifted his glass, gesturing at the man with a smile before downing the liquid. It was funny.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:44 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Zane's eyes looked back and forth at the people who just spoke. He was shocked. Instead of trying to work everything out they simpily wanted to avoid it. At least some discussion was going on. "...I'm sure we can try to work out a few kinks and folds we have created." He could already pick out the groups starting to form between them. He made an audible sigh. "I'm just not sure most people are cooperative enough." Including you two. He finished up in his head.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Jack looked back at the man who had raised his glass at him and so Jack lifted his own glass at him with a smile and they both drank. He then looked at the boy, Zane apparently, who spoke and so Jack replied to his comment "Have fun working out those kinks kid, but I work with who ever is likely to survive here. So far, most of ya'll don't fit that category." He then looked at the food on the table, grabbed what seemed like a chicken leg, and munched on it.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Yet another one. Zane was just about sick with it; he almost snapped. "Fine. Just go off and try to act cool and having to battle alone. I would want all the help I can get on my side." He wasn't going to give up though. "Either way, we're all in this together whether we want to be or not. Chris and I are the only people trying to work out things. The rest of you are just so stuck up about your own you don't even care about anybody else. You guys only see things from your own point of view. You guys need to look at the whole picture here. All of us are going to be together until we fix up everything from here. What about the people on this strange land? It's about them. That's the whole reason we're here. I don't want any one holding grudges or anything on my side. That's all I want. I don't care if we're friends. Hell, I don't care if we never speak to each other again outside of battle. Is that so hard?" He wasn't just talking to him anymore either.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:56 pm

Pierre may have enjoyed the drink but he didn't exactly enjoy the boy that spoke to him. Of course, they had to think of the big picture, Pierre already had, but whether his picture included the youth had yet to be determined. They were stuck in such a situation but for now, there was food and drink, at the very least it was better than fretting needlessly. All he did was let out an exasperated sigh at the end of the boy's spiel. No doubt the man in the nightcap would acquire for them the appropriate intelligence, and if not a force disposition but at least local knowledge that would be useful. Things like those would come in time and there was no current need to rush it Pierre thought. The others probably didn't share his view because they were not him but he hoped they wouldn't descend in to hysteria.

The man across from him, they both lifted a cup to each other earlier was rather calm and Pierre decided it was probably for the best to rely on him. He seemed older than the rest but certainly not more than he was. Whether the buzzcut on his head was indicative of any military experience was another matter but he didn't see the harm in it.

"Pierre," he said, reaching forward to offer a handshake.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:19 pm

Currently Playing: FE6-8, Radiant Historia, TWEWY
Chris chuckled a little as he quickly filed information in his head. "Military men. Pierre and another kid. Unknown element and thunder. Instant friends." "You know, Zane, it's pretty ironic." he told him calmly, "That the military men who are supposed to help others in times of need aren't even trying right now to help this land. Also, your abilities are interesting. You use Earth, right? What else can you do that you know other than what you showed us back there?"

Sig courtesy of Arthur: eternally grateful.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:24 am

Jack grabbed Pierre's hand and shook it with a grin. "Jack, pleasure to meet ya, I saw you beating down on one of those root things with your own hands back there on the field, nice to see someone here that can kick a** without weapons or superpowers or whatever."

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Zane ignored the adult's sigh, for an adult he wasn't acting much like one. Maybe it's different in foreign countries. "You're right Chris." At least someone was trying. One can be surprised as to how quickly old stuff can resurface. "I'm starting to think this is a dream again. People are acting too weird." It didn't make sense to Zane. "Anyway, you asked about my abilities. After all, that's why we have them for right? To use." It was weird. He already knew his abilities. The strange part was he hadn't used them. "I can raise the earth for defense, which can actually be used for more than one thing. Large pieces of Earth cover my hands and arms. They protect hands and power up my punches. The last one is my favorite. The grounds shakes violently and swallows up whatever is above ground. What about you?"

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:18 pm

Jack seemed amiable enough as his hand was shaken. It was a firm handshake and Jack must have some strength.

"Likewise mon ami. Glad to see someone not lose their cool, especially at meal time."

With that said, he returned to his meal, blowing off the whatever slights Chris, whom had identified him as military, directed at him. It was true he was observant which might prove more useful in a reconnaissance role. Chris was speaking to another boy called Zane who then listed off his powers like there was no need for operational security. Of course Pierre had to wonder if the "BBEG" bothered with espionage at all. Amidst the gathered he had caught another name, the previously hysterical girl Kayla who had mostly been talking to the man in the nightcap Eram. More importantly he was waiting for Eram to continue with the explanations. If he did not provide satisfactory information by the time Pierre was finished with his meal then bad things were in store for Eram.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:20 pm
Site Admin

Eram watched as the group's dynamics seemed to be crumbling before him. He watched silently as one of the members walked off and shook his head as the Champions bickered among themselves. Pressing his fingers on his temples, he breathed in and out slowly before steadying himself.

"Champions!" he shouted, "You are a team! I know things are confusing, and that you have been brought here against your will, but would you set aside your differences? You sully the honour of your predecessors!" Straightening his cap, he exhaled once again, as he garnered his courage. "No, you do not have to all go together to acquire your armour, however you must travel with at least one other person, as this world is dangerous to travel on your own. Personally, I believe it would be best for you to travel together, as you will have to work as a team eventually," he shook his head disapprovingly at the group, "Tomorrow you may depart for your quests, your vambrace will lead you to your armour, though I will tell you how tomorrow. Tonight, I suggest you eat and relax, we'll have packs prepared for your departure on the rising of the first great eye,"he said while indicating to the smaller of the two suns. Having said what he believed needed saying, he left the podium and walked into a back room, and the festivities resumed, though they seemed mildly subdued compared to before.

Having eaten her fill of the strange food, Kayla got up from the table, she didn't feel like making small talk with anyone sitting at the table. Granted she felt mildly looked over by the Jack person, sure she had run for the hills as soon as things got rough, but when a creature came up behind her, she shanked it with her swiss army knife. Really, if anything it proved that she wouldn't be one to run headfirst into any future situations. How was she to know this was going to be some sort of test?

Kayla felt that she needed to take a step back and process all the things that had been thrown at her within the short amount of time. Yes, she had essentially been abducted by "aliens", but at the same time these aliens needed her help, and were apparently desperate, for their ragtag group most definitely didn't look like they were meant to be a bunch of heroes. Well, not all of them, but most. Either way, she would do her best. She would do her best to survive, and do her best to help these desperate aliens.

Taking a deep breath, she slid her hand over the engraved symbol of her weapon on her vambrace, and her double-ended glaive reappeared in hand following a flash of green light. Twirling it above her head twice, she struck around herself in a wide circle, as if she were surrounded by foes. She had to admit that it was interesting how she had been bestowed the knowledge to wield a weapon she had never even seen before so expertly. Greater still were the abilities she had at her call, for now, she was aware of three, but she knew that there would be more.

She pointed her finger at an unusual marking on the wall and said "thorn storm" she fired a series of abnormally large thorns, belonging to a plant she could not quite discern, and traced the outline of the marking she had been aiming at. Her aim was flawless. She lowered her hands, and looked up to the twin sunned sky wondering, how, and what else had changed about them when they came to this land Estaria.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:38 pm

"Well Zane, I think I've shown them off when I was out there. I can generate a burning twister that surrounds me for a few seconds, shoot a fireball or a continuous stream of fire, and surround people with a fire ball that protects them. It's very defensive and ranged, but it seems to me that it'll be good should I need to escape quickly." he told Zane, before calling out to the group: "Like what Eram says, we should split up and retrieve our armor. I suggest pairs. Here's what I have in mind:
Me and Zane will go together to retrieve his armor first, then mine.
Pierre, Jack, go together and retrieve whoever's armor you wish.
Kayla, go with the champion of wind and the other champion of lightning.
The other two, you champion of ice and the champion of water, go with each other. Does everyone agree?"

Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Sydney was called out to introduce herself, but thankfully the others were more audacious that before she could answer, she had been drowned out by the others arguing. Now with a good opportunity to observe the group, not everyone seemed similar at all. There were people from a variety of ages and completely different personalities. No one could find an agreement when disputing what to make of this situation, which made sense since nothing around them was making sense. Suddenly learning these strange powers on top of these odd weapons, now they had to save this world. It was making just as much sense to Sydney then it did to everyone else.

One of the others, Chris, the boy he helped before, started to suggest groups to split everyone into. He suggest Sydney go with another girl, the one who can manipulate water, to find their so called armor.
"Sydney," she said loud enough to be heard, but quiet enough so that she didn't take over the conversation, "my name is Sydney." Not really knowing anyone else enough to object who she's going with, she slid back into her chair and continued to sip her drink.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Kassidy let out a loud groan. Traveling with at least one other person would be wise, but the last thing she wanted was to be paired with a slobbering moron. Frustrated and weary, she simply went to look for a place to turn in for the night. She could decide on a traveling companion later.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Chris
"Sydney. A healer. So often the healers use water. Ice is souless, yet an emotional one wields it not for offense." Chris muttered under his breath, unimpressed that the champion of water seemed to be ignoring him. "You over there!" he called out to the champion of water, "If you're just going to walk away like that, remember that we leave at the crack of dawn. You can't be choosy if you don't pick a partner now. I'm just warning you. If you don't mind going with anyone, by all means, take a break." Satisfied at his attempt to draw out a little more personality, he tried to rest, letting the rest bicker while he watched.

Hayden
Hayden stayed out of the way as much as possible, trying to avoid contact with such fools, who didn't even try to organize themselves well. The person named Chris was trying to get the group together, he had to give him that, but it wasn't going along so well, and there were always the people like him who tried to stay away. They seemed to all be cynical, which made him feel slightly more normal, and not so apart as he had thought them to be. As he heard the names being called out by Chris for possible groups, he simply chose not to listen.

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:12 am
 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next