The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:33 am

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
'Koran' Burning on 9/11 by a white christian extremist. 

Currently Playing: Rage, TF2, and some other vidya I guess.
The douche was probably just using the entire, "Mosque at Ground Zero" thing as an excuse to burn some Korans and get a bunch of Bible humping idiots to join his church.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:54 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
Bam-Bam-Panda wrote:
The douche was probably just using the entire, "Mosque at Ground Zero" thing as an excuse to burn some Korans and get a bunch of Bible humping idiots to join his church.

Exactly

by the way... sig is a little... f*** up?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:39 pm
Site Moderator

If you want to talk about his signature, take it to a PM.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Currently Playing: stuff. loud stuff.
hey blue your sig is so awesome <3

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:39 pm
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
Alright that's it.

Time to end this Christian hate fest. The mass media can do as they like, but im not going to let it fly here without a rebuttal. I am ending this ridiculous ignorance.

Lets start at the bare basics, burning a book in and of itself can hardly merit being called extreme. If i burned a copy of "The Cat and the Hat", no one would call that "extremist", "Hateful", or What have you.

So lets examine what makes this 'extreme'.

The book in question is the Koran, the holy tome of the Muslim religion. The burning was to be conducted by a Christian pastor of a SMALL, NEGLIGIBLE church in Florida. The news became so stark, so well known, that even those in the middle-east caught wind of it, and in ironic glory, began burning effigies of the pastor, you know, on top of their casual oppression of Christians in their own midst's.

Protesters in Pakistan burn effigies of U. S. President President Barack Obama and the Pastor Terry Jones.

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/pu ... detail.asp

Quote:
"This year, Christians in Pakistan have suffered their worst persecutions for a decade. As a percentage of the population in the predominantly Muslim country, Christians number less than five percent. This year, seven Christians were burned alive in mob violence at Gojra in Punjab province. Four of these were women and one was a four-year-old child. In other parts, homes and churches have been destroyed and hundreds of Christians have been forced to flee their homes."

http://www.pakistanchristianpost.com/vi ... ewsid=1649

Quote:
The protestors hoisted play cards with slogans to end persecution and killing of Christians in Pakistan. The copies of petition were also distributed among different UN delegates to highlight plight of Christians in Pakistan.

So lets recap, just a little here.

The Muslim world abroad was set into horrendous protest over the scheduled burning by a small church. This church is not a nation, it is not a state, its not even a county. Its a small, community. Meanwhile, Pakistan maintains laws against Christians, and they are hardly unique in that regard. Actually, Ironically, Saddam allowed Christianity.

Now you might say. "Well, the christian aspect isn't what matters here!"

Yea, sure. Now do you happen to know that just three years ago there was a Koran burning right here in the United States, A Koran worth 60,000 dollars in fact. What? Didn't hear it did you?

http://hotair.com/archives/2007/07/27/g ... obic-hate/

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 73432.html

Well it was conducted by a Homosexual artist to protest Homophobic hate, a one Charles Merrill. Its Ok though, he hates Christians too, citing the Bible as a "Terrorist Manual".

Homosexual Artist, Millionaire, and Bigot. Charles Merrill

The fact of the matter is, if you in any way insult Islam, you are suddenly a monster. While defamation of essentially every other religion on the planet is open season.

It is socially unconscionable

I call s***.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:24 pm

calm down nini? chill man we're not adults with transcending opinions, just a bunch of teenagers acting smart

Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:28 pm

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
Yeah, I'd have to say, I doubt people would care half as much if it wasn't for all of the terrorists....

Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:50 pm
Site Moderator

Yeah, those damn terrorists. How dare they burn The Cat in the Hat!!!

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:26 am

Wait, they actually burned it?! This is an outrage!! I thought it was just a poorly made analogy comparing a sacred text, practically the word of God to something pitiful like the Qu'ran.

Let's get our pitchforks

Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:18 am

Currently Playing: The Game
My religion has no holy books.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:42 am
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Pretty sure that the book burning is only getting so much attention because of its relation to the ground zero mosque, which is only getting attention because of the upcoming midterms. Simple politics, one side stirring s*** up that everyone actually accepted about half a year ago. The pastor himself is probably just doing it for the attention, as one clever commentator said, before being cut off because the pastor was giving a speech.

But still, I think that as a developed country, you shouldn't allow your subjects to do such a thing, because nobody deserves such an insult to their religion, no matter how extremist a small part of their group is. And to say it's ok because "Pakistan does it" certainly isn't an explanation. You're comparing your own country to one that still stones women for committing adultery, even if they're already widows. Why don't we do that then? Pakistan does it! Besides, as I recall, burning the American flag is still against the law in quite a few states, and that's the same concept. It's just a flag, and everyone in Pakistan is doing it, let's burn it up!

But no, I don't blame the Christian community for the actions of one extremist. I reserve my Christian hate for the hundreds of pedophile priests running around out there.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:15 am
Legendary Ghost

Location: Where angels fear to tread, and man is but a cautionary tale.
The book burning analogy was to note that burning a book in and of itself carries no merit, thus helping to get to the root of the problem. If you couldn't understand that.. :/

Hakker wrote:
Pretty sure that the book burning is only getting so much attention because of its relation to the ground zero mosque, which is only getting attention because of the upcoming midterms. Simple politics, one side stirring s*** up that everyone actually accepted about half a year ago. The pastor himself is probably just doing it for the attention, as one clever commentator said, before being cut off because the pastor was giving a speech.

But still, I think that as a developed country, you shouldn't allow your subjects to do such a thing, because nobody deserves such an insult to their religion, no matter how extremist a small part of their group is. And to say it's ok because "Pakistan does it" certainly isn't an explanation. You're comparing your own country to one that still stones women for committing adultery, even if they're already widows. Why don't we do that then? Pakistan does it! Besides, as I recall, burning the American flag is still against the law in quite a few states, and that's the same concept. It's just a flag, and everyone in Pakistan is doing it, let's burn it up!

But no, I don't blame the Christian community for the actions of one extremist. I reserve my Christian hate for the hundreds of pedophile priests running around out there.

So you seem to acknowledge that as a society, they're in many ways primitive, interesting.

Anyway, The point im making is the entire maelstrom of controversy over something so Un-newsworthy is directly related to the fact the perp is Christian, and we are supposed to not only respect Islam, but apparently fear retribution from it. The mosque issue is ONLY peripheral at best. Note the focus on the Christian aspect and the lack of attention, again, on the millionaire artist of a few years back.

A $60,000 burning of a holy tome is much more noteworthy in contrast.

Again, I call s***.

This isn't about Monkey see monkey do, or 'Getting them back', My point also wasn't the persecution of religious minorities these zealots exhibit (Though it raises many questions).

The point is the event in and of itself is not that big of a deal. The entire case for it being so is very flawed, and incredibly hypocritical. If they want to focus on the whole spectrum of issues resulting from this topic, this is far from the first place to start.

If he was simply ignored, there would BE no controversy, and no implicitly feared retribution on behalf of some zealots. Instead we have every media mogul milking it for every bit of social shock value its worth, like they always do.

There is no further debate on the matter, no investigation or attempts to look at this from a different perspective.

Only flagrant attacks on the pastor, time and time again, over infantile social norms.

I'd love to debate you on this. If that's really what you want Hakky.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:44 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Hakker wrote:

While I really don't give a s*** about what happens to some books, I thought I should point out that Supreme Court decided some time ago that burning the American flag is protected by the constitution, because it is symbolic speech. I think that should go both ways.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:36 pm
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Hakker wrote:
I reserve my Christian hate for the hundreds of pedophile priests running around out there.

Don't forget the politically powerful "leaders" that make their decisions based on religion.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:41 am

Yeah, I think that it's one thing to make a decision based on your beliefs but it's another one completely to try and get support by advertising a belief. Heck, I, a Christian, will not vote for someone who's Christian just because they say they're Christian. You vote for politicians for their policy, not their beliefs.

Although I also find it sad that the main reason why people discard a religion isn't on the belief itself, but on a cross section of believers, regardless of how large that cross section is and especially if that cross section's misinterpreted something along the line.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:36 am
 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next